B4 the Bell Fryday Sept 3, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that was nice! For all the grousing the when the natural pressure hit the pricks couldn't keep it levitated, it is now right at resistance and Monday me-thinks it falls apart! ;)

Brian...same Monday prediction as mine...drop like a rock and bounce back to end up even for the day....now Tuesday might be a different matter. ;)

The weather here in Atlanta is great. Palm Beach is now getting the outer bands of the hurricane.

Getting out of Florida was an adventure. Major roads on the east coast were clogged, and many gas stations were closed or out of gas. I fear that one of the big stories will be drivers stranded on I-95 in the middle of the storm.

We left at 7 AM yesterday and took secondary roads across the state to the west coast. Passed through Arcadia (thought of Stoolie The Sun) where there was significant but not catastrophic damage from Charlie. Picked up I-75. Clear sailing from there to the Turnpike junction south of Ocala. From that point traffic jammed up and it was stop and go with long periods of "stop." I got off 75 and again picked up local roads through Suwanee River country. Got back on 75 going into GA, but again had to exit in Valdosta because traffic was stopped. Got back on above Valdosta. Clear sailing from there to Macon, arriving at 8 PM. 13 hours for a trip that would normally take 9 hours. Went on to Atlanta this morning.

I expect to head back on Monday.

Archived