B4 the Bell Humpday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J.D. Power came ou today with their initial quality survey 2004 survey rankings...no.1 Toyota no2..tie Honda and Hyundai at 101 and 102 respectively.. no. 3 BMW at 116 then G.M. at 120, Chrysler at 123 and Found on Road Dead at 127 surprises Volkswagen at 130, Nissan at 147 and dead last Porsche at 159...so you pay !00k plus for a Porsche and you get a lemons...Lemon! Rock on ;)

1 year ago I purchased a new Saturn Vue. No complaints so far, although they sent a letter a while back warning me about potential transmission problems. None yet though.

It was a tough choice between the Vue and the Hyundai Santa Fe. The Hyundai 10 year warranty was awefully tempting, but in the end, the 80's styling of the Hyundai was too much to overcome.

just regarding the CAR discussion,I mentioned here a couple of weeks back that you could buy a brand new Hyundai here in OZ, for not much more than a secondhand Ford or Holden.

I am no expert on Cars,but they seemed like a good deal to me,excellent value for money,good looking cars to boot...much rather a brand new vehicle under warranty than some secondhand piece of crap.

Uncle Bucky has donned his pirate costume and apparently has stuck his peg leg in a hole while stomping furiously in a circle.

:lol:

Re: Tar Sands Oil. At $25+ there is money to be made.

The Province of Alberta and a 'Syncrude' group of companies have been battling away at making this Oil cost effective for decades now. Great progress has been made since I've been following this story, living in Edmonton for my first 40 years.

Extracting and refining this Oil, remains an energy intensive, gargantuan, difficult proposition. Economic perhaps, but it sure as hell ain't 'easy'.

dOOES ANYONE REMEMBER Armand Hammer and the US govt experiment involving the Nuclear bombing of subterranean shale??

This method I believe will be one of many in th escientific arsenal about which most haven/t been revealed yet--

The description of thousands of trucks hauling millions of tons of sand doen't appeal to my sense of an economical method--

I would think of that enginner in Illinoise .partially finaanced by Buffets son,along with biological techniques, super heated solar machines, and other "more natural" forces to attack the Black Gold---

Also there is a vast mother lode awwaiting the use of energy Saving devices--once that when it gets going set loose by demonic inventors searching for the holy grail watch out

The window of opportunity for making money on an oil crisis will be probably four to five years no longer--I believe

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry:

2nd case of mad Cow found in the U.S. this week the first was a heifer the second (today was an 8 yr old) Uh-Oh! ;)

How about a 100 more?

Up to 100 more mad cow cases expected

By Steve Mitchell

United Press International

Published 6/30/2004 7:26 PM

WASHINGTON, June 30 (UPI) -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture reported Wednesday a cow that initially tested positive for mad cow disease has come back negative on follow-up testing, but a food industry consultant told United Press International he estimates there could be more than 100 cases of the deadly disorder in the country's herds.

About half of the cases will go undetected and passed on for human consumption, Robert LaBudde, president of Least Cost Formulation Ltd., a food industry consultancy in Virginia Beach, Va., told UPI.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20040630-042354-9787r

We warned again and again and again but did they listen Noooooooh-these spongioformed Bovine sypheletics are getting what they deserve by permitting their virginal cows to go out strutting with those Poxed BULLS-

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: Even though a bear Aren't you being a little harsh?

No--I had my eye on this cute trick carrying a bag with eight nipples--but did her parents allow me to woo her?--Absolutely not,those ruminating elitists---Screw them and my f**ked up plans for creating a new species--

more Mozilla issues - cannot open brokerage account because" ssl is disabled."? can anyone tell me what ssl is and where to find it?

go menu - tools - options - advanced - security to see ssl settings.

SSL = Secure Sockets Layer

Explains everything, doesn't it?

Archived