More Little Lies and Big Spin- Gains or Blips?

The Giants were always my second favorite team. I just loved Willie Mays, Orlando Cepeda, Willie McCovey and Won Marichal. Does anybody remember when the Phillies traded Jack Sanford to the Giants. I as a big fan of his. Great guy. His son, who's just a tad younger than me, is a golf course architect.

Why is there no sound on mlb.tv?

to insulate the listeners from gary matthews sr.? (naw, i love sarge).

i'm a huge giants fan. i was planning on driving down for the game tonight, but i could not avoid work tomorrow morning. i'm too young to remember the sanford trade, but i remember maddox and matthews making their way from sf to philly. i always liked the phillies, but not tonight. hopefully the giants will see the defending champs in the playoffs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to insulate the listeners from gary matthews sr.? (naw, i love sarge).

i'm a huge giants fan. i was planning on driving down for the game tonight, but i could not avoid work tomorrow morning. i'm too young to remember the sanford trade, but i remember maddox and matthews making their way from sf to philly. i always liked the phillies, but not tonight. hopefully the giants will see the defending champs in the playoffs.

Love Jon Miller's call of the game for the home boys. He's only so so on the national TV broadcast. I really like the Phil's radio guy, Scott Franzke. Kalas is missed on TV though. The TV guy Tom McCarthy is good, but not one of the upper echelon guys.

I'd like to see that ballpark out there. A lot of people think the park in SF, Pittsburgh, and Philly are the best.

The most successful baseball team in California has been, and will continue to be, the Los Angeles Dodgers.

They don't have a fancy ballpark like the Giants do, but Chavez Ravine is a great place to see a game, especially on a warm summer LA Evening. Get a Dodger Dog and some Nachos, and who cares who wins. I recommend Dodger Stadium if you ever get the chance.

The other stadium that is great is Wrigley Field. That was a great night during the season two years ago that the Cubs looked like they might make it to the Series. Awesome field. I even got to see them play the Dodgers who stunk up the place and lost.

I got to see this HR in person, it was sweet. The crowd went nuts. Funny, it was against California's other loser farm team, the A's. Another World Series win for the Dodgers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-2460-1251855745.jpg

The Giants yard CAN be a great place to watch a game.

On a warm August day, the mingling smells of the garlic fries and freshly cut grass is unique and memorable. A great spectacle.

But on a cold, foggy, windy night in July it can be absolutely bone chilling and horrible.

A couple of nice things on the web tonight about power. All the heat down here below about partisanship and policies are surprisingly irrelevant. The same holds true for the economy and 'the market' as we all know, on one level, but often forget to remember.

The technocrat mayor of Kansas City goes totally off the rails.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/09/02/funkhouser/

Some fun monetary history of the US, told from an Austrian perspective. So a little too hard on the ideology but still worth the read or listen. I don't think Ben is quite Biddle.

http://blog.mises.org/archives/010568.asp

I'd like to see that ballpark out there. A lot of people think the park in SF, Pittsburgh, and Philly are the best.

It is a BEAUTIFUL ballpark.

I know a guy with two season tickets. Quality seats. If you ever make it out west during the regular season, I will secure them and you will be my guest.

And if they're not available, I'll secure the two best available seats I can.

The most successful baseball team in California has been, and will continue to be, the Los Angeles Dodgers.

They don't have a fancy ballpark like the Giants do, but Chavez Ravine is a great place to see a game, especially on a warm summer LA Evening. Get a Dodger Dog and some Nachos, and who cares who wins. I recommend Dodger Stadium if you ever get the chance.

The other stadium that is great is Wrigley Field. That was a great night during the season two years ago that the Cubs looked like they might make it to the Series. Awesome field. I even got to see them play the Dodgers who stunk up the place and lost.

I got to see this HR in person, it was sweet. The crowd went nuts. Funny, it was against California's other loser farm team, the A's. Another World Series win for the Dodgers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greatest. Homerun. Ever.

The Giants yard CAN be a great place to watch a game.

On a warm August day, the mingling smells of the garlic fries and freshly cut grass is unique and memorable. A great spectacle.

But on a cold, foggy, windy night in July it can be absolutely bone chilling and horrible.

Exactamundo.

Worst is when you show up and it's hot, and then the fog rolls in (as I watch it do now from my new East Bay digs) and then, everyone who didn't come prepared pretty much has to abandon the stadium or freeze to death.

Or try their best to make a blanket for themselves of garlic fries.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodger stadium is a POS serviced by a POS two-lane freeway built in the '20s. Sickening concrete pit. with a dubious history:

With Chavez Ravine slated to become the site of the new Dodger Stadium, the tiny number of remaining members of the Chavez Ravine community were physically forced to relocate, although they were compensated for their properties at fair market valuations. While some had initially left the neighborhood, voluntarily or involuntarily through either the use of eminent domain or condemnation, a number (quite a small number after about 1954) stayed until the end. Eventually the sheriff's department went in with bulldozers and armed men. A few property holders in the area had actually managed to avoid eminent domain proceedings and they were finally bought out by O'Malley. The final hold out, eventually accepted the city's offer of $10,500 for his former home. The homes and streets were razed, the larger community having been destroyed years before in the public housing effort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A1vez_Ravine

Oakland A's stadium is similar, but since no one ever goes sees the A's, you can get great seats for cheap... even in October.

Archived