B4 The Bell Thursday September 16

Hiding Bear

Disgusting!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...wvrs10309162250

And the justifications are just as bad! Talk about a bunch of brown shirts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...id=825183&page=

Sleddy, I have sooo much respect for you! I admire what you do and what

your contribute to this forum.

But you and I have different political views in this time of crisis for the USA.

Many of my family members intend to vote the same as you.

I seriously need to know your arguments in support of Bush/Cheney.

Perhaps it will help me to understand my family. I hate being at odds with them.

But I am stubborn and have to have some facts to support my positions.

Because I don't really know you, perhaps that will remove the emotional

reactions that pervade our family discussions.

I would very much appreciate it if you would present your views about why

you will vote for Bush. I promise to not attack you but to listen to your ideas

with an open mind. Hopefully, we can have a dialogue where you will also

listen to my ideas. Maybe different things are important to each of us.

Thank you,

Sherlock

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a theory about the neo-cons. These are mostly 50, 60 year old male who are born and grown up with all these "I am #1" "We are the best" "Freedom and democracy" stuffs. They are old and they know they are going to die soon. They want to see that their view was adopted by the World before they die. They want to conquer the World before they die. They want to be immortal because their name will be remembered for generations.

In short, they will do whatever it takes to achieve their objective, including blowing up Planet Earth because it does not really matter to them in the grand scheme of thing. I think they will welcome a global nuclear war with Russia while they are fighting in Iraq and Iran.

Disgusting!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...wvrs10309162250

And the justifications are just as bad! Talk about a bunch of brown shirts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...id=825183&page=

Once again, the Republicans will stop at nothing. Taking a 3 year old to carry a bush sign into a Democratic rally. How sick and disgisting is that. A deliberate provocation.

Don't worry man. Your guy is going to remain in charge. They are in total control. This election is a sham.

You will get what you wish for. And every single one of us will pay a terrible, horrible price for the rest of our lives.

Well Agent.5 also known as 8-Ball Eyes I am in my 60's and don't plan on dying anytime soon but i do agree with part of your thesis. The American Forces have always had a high opinion of themselves which except for your Special Forces is neither deserved nor earned. All the crap about we must NEVER be under UN Command is pure Jingoism. I have served with Swedes, Turks, Ghurkhas, Germans the French Foreign legion well you get the drift and you know what they are good and when they wear the Blue Helmet of the UN as I did they are respected. People anywhere know the difference between a Peace keeper and a Peace Maker. They might be mad at the U.S. or the Russki's but they are not mad at the world. The U.N. is not a bad place populated by bad people. The U.N. operates on consensus which is not a bad thing. The U.S. continues to operate on the basis that "WE" are the World-guess what you're NOT-get used to it!

Pee I come down with Plunger on this one-you better care what the world thinks, the U.S. is not an Island unto itself.? The Idiot Prince has done more damage to the Western Alliance than any Prez in History.? The World is with you in Afghanistan because that fight is just and right but not in Iraq and without the world in there the U.S. Goose is cooked.? Kerry is dead right on that one.? Why do you think Canada has made water and Oil and NG part of future trade talks it is because Shrub has violated NAFTA to which the U.S. is a signatory any time and every time he wants to pay off to Big Lumber or the Beef cartel or the Steel cartel etc. but now push is coming to shove and the U.S. is the Worlds biggest debtor nation-you need your friends MORE than ever!

I think that a vote for Bush right now is a vote to invade IRAN...and whatever else follows...which is quite likely to get NUCLEAR. Tactical Nukes and Depleted Uranium...that's what your sons and daughters will be in the midst of. Death and mayhem.

If we invaded Iraq (in part) on behalf of Israel, and we will now be forced to bomb Iran just to prevent Israel from doing so first...what's it all about? The reasons for the Why-of-it don't matter to the families who lose their children for this "cause." There was no imminent threat to the US mainland from Iraq...EVER. We were lied to...PERIOD.

These will be America's sons and daughters going to fight and die in the desert over oil - for the foreseeable future. I don't have a son, let alone a son of draft age, but if I did, I'd sure as hell wake up and smell the coffee. These are matters of life and death, and the future of the greatest Democracy the earth has ever known. Choose to ignore the abundant evidence...and you may regret it for the rest of your life.

Rather than packing up your children and leaving the country to the war mongers, why not get active and vote their sorry asses out. If anyone ought to leave the country, it's the liars who are running it. Maybe we can find them a job in a humvee in Baghdad...without any body armor.

I'm sorry that your Rebublican party has been hijacked - but it has.

http://www.iacenter.org/depleted/dugov.htm

That may very well be the best post, if not the most important post, that I have ever seen on this site. We were lied to, and continue to be lied to everyday by the neo-cons who not only hijacked the Repub party but have hijacked America. The sad part of it is the complacency that is going on.

i didnt say i dont care about the world, i just dont care what Kofi Annan thinks...

lets list his accomplishments:

?oops :huh:

I have a theory about the neo-cons. These are mostly 50, 60 year old male who are born and grown up with all these "I am #1" "We are the best" "Freedom and democracy" stuffs. They are old and they know they are going to die soon. They want to see that their view was adopted by the World before they die. They want to conquer the World before they die. They want to be immortal because their name will be remembered for generations.

In short, they will do whatever it takes to achieve their objective, including blowing up Planet Earth because it does not really matter to them in the grand scheme of thing. I think they will welcome a global nuclear war with Russia while they are fighting in Iraq and Iran.

the neocons are the antithesis of past conservatives that didnt really aggressively (bad word) push democracy, they were always fighting communism. the neocons are more proactive(another bad choice of words) rather than reactionary with regard to democracy. in the past, the cry was to defend democracy, i believe the neocons feel a divine motivation to promote or force deomcracy on others. the base premise is not bad, but killing someone to encourage them toward democracy may not be well received by the unenlightened.

No Pee let us list Shrubs accomplishments pls tick them off for me. ;)

its not my responsibility to defend bush. <_< ive stated many times that we are doomed, bush or kerrey its seriously disturbing that outta everybody in our great nation, it comes down to those two; plus nader.

and while we're being political - im pushing 50 and i dont understand what in the hell is going on? do some of you older duffers remember a time like this???? its more than a bit scary and yet i talk to people and they arent scared - scarred maybe, but not scared. im honestly a bit scared.... bubble after bubble, really NO safe harbor for investment; SS/Medicar/pension funds all toast and nothing is done except acceptance or perhaps promotion of voodoo pension fund and govt accounting? $4 of debt for each $1 of GDP increase - WTF - so do other countries run from our debt and currency, no they work more dilligently to be more effective in destroying their own currencies faster than we can. hey, is this crap crazy or what - we are hurdling straight down a dead end and we cant seem to stop? what happens to the old people? what happens to a young family that has to pony-up $600,000 for a starter home in Socal?

maybe PMs, maybe commodes - and while we are on the subject - if we get a global reflation and the global economy picks up, the price of commodities will rise and syphon off the foreign USDs that are supporting our bonds and borrowing? its like a blind man trying to solve a Rubix cube?

i see we probably have about the same count of K.A.'s accomplishments.

You will get what you wish for.? And every single one of us will pay a terrible, horrible price for the rest of our lives.

I think Shrub is peaking too early.

depends: what happening trading wise with you and mr. market meter. i always enjoyed your trading post. 6 long 3 short etc. :rolleyes:

depends: went back and noticed that Windy had already been looking for you

Archived