Santa Went Bankrupt?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stocks Bear Market to Last Until 2018 in U.S., Alan Shaw Says

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks are in a bear market that may last until 2018 and benchmark indexes may set new lows, said Alan R. Shaw, the technical anal cyst who retired from Citigroup Inc. after 45 years with the bank and its predecessors.

[..]

Rebounds of at least 60 percent by the Dow average and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index have driven pessimism on U.S. stocks to the lowest level in six years, as measured by the weekly Investors Intelligence survey. In the poll of about 140 newsletter writers, 16.5 percent were bearish last week, the fewest since June 2003.

[...]

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...mAG7o&pos=5

I find Goldmans-sack's announcement about discretionary comp being the form of "Shares at Risk" for the top 30 muckety-mucks as laughable beyond comprehension

[1] It's only the top 30 for cryin' out loud -- and for good reason (as we'll see next)

[2] If this mandate were made more broad to say all MD's and SVP's there would be blood in the hallways of 85 Broad and very disruptive exoduses as well as a lack of the type of alpha male & alpha bitch behavior that drives the Squid -- i.e., a "we'll show them" sit on our hands mentality would ensue

[3] Funny timing too....right before boneruses are awarded to maximize the PR impact (Oh those poor Goldmanites)

[4] And last, but not least, the rules governing the shares at risk can be changed just as quickly as it took to put them in place in the first place, thus making them, well, not so much at risk after all once things settle down regarding the public's outrage against the Squid-- i.e., via accelerated vesting etc

I don't know much, but for bears sake price needs to stay "Inside the Box" as the 5 day oscillator rises along with red/blue stuck in the zero momentum zone. You've seen the normal clone a few times now. I'd prefer to see this process get cut short for a last call before a crash, as a "Merry Grinchmas" trade.

post-326-1260489847_thumb.png

Archived