Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzzy Logic.....I'm still picking up the PM's. If there wasn't so much suppression by DaBoyz by way of shorting and such...and there wasn't accumulation going on by some of the Insti's...they would be pimping the crap out of em just to make ends meet.....T/A be damned on em 'cause they're a whole different breed....time will tell

Vesselin:

I totally respect your work on the technical side...and read everything I could get my hands on the last few days re: the metals and the miners - including your comment on the mining stocks. I know that your wave analysis tells you that gold is in a long term down trend. If I were jumpy and trying to pick a turn/bottom, I'd have pulled the trigger on BGO, GFI, GG, GSS etc. today. I'm waiting for the 4-14 crossover to confirm the move, which I'm thinking we may see next week around Tuesday if my hunch is correct.

I'm expecting mayhem and ugliness in the land of unintended consequences... but trying to be smart about it if it goes the other way. If we get a Saddam Surprise next week (and why wouldn't we?) the miners and metals might just take off.

Nervously watching and learning...Plunger

One good indicator of investor sentiment, he said, is the ratio of the value of all shares, in dollars, compared to gross domestic product, the economic output of a nation.

In August 1929, just before the October stock market crash, that value was 87 percent. In April 1942, it troughed at 19 percent. And as of the end of January, it was 89 percent.

"That says to me that things aren't as bleak as maybe we think they are," Madden said. "This is bubble aftermath coupled with a high degree of geopolitical uncertainty, but it will pass."

I THINK HE IS DRAWING THE WRONG CONCLUSION, SHOULDN'T HE CONCLUDE THAT STOCKS ARE NOW OVERVALUED???

Reuters article says stocks have bottomed

shorty,

That is the funniest thing I have read all day. Thanks for posting it.

Im sure that will help people who can read, but lack the ability to comprehend, straight on the road to financial disaster.

The fact that they would publish an article that lays out the fact that the market capitalization/GDP is higher now than it was at the peak of the bust of 1929 and title the article "Wall Street, small guy say it's time to buy stocks" gives me all the reason in the world to treat the downtrend as my wife and the occasional bounce as a mistress.

STAGFLATION:

A Brief History Lesson

Up until the 1970s, it was generally believed that

recession and inflation could not occur at the same

time. A slowing economy was supposed to bring stable

prices, so inflation just could not be a problem when

the economy slowed. That fact gave central bankers,

such as the U.S. Federal Reserve, a sure-fire method

for combating high inflation: just employ tight monetary

policies until inflation was choked to death. The Oil

Crisis of 1973 shattered that myth and resulted in a

new word in financial circles: stagflation.

The four-fold increase in oil prices imposed by OPEC

in 1973-74 raised price levels throughout the economy

while slowing economic growth at the same time. This

left policymakers in a quandary. World central banks,

worried about a severe economic slowdown, chose

loose monetary policies and inflation took off.

"The 1973 Arab oil embargo created a massive price

rise and economic dislocation, from Tokyo to Paris to

Chicago. The explosion in oil prices ushered in a

decade of "stagflation" in which inflation soared while

economies stagnated. By the end of the decade, the

United States experienced double-digit unemployment,

double-digit inflation and double-digit interest rates."

The period 1973-74 saw the worst bear market in stocks

since the Great Depression. The Dow fell 45%. The price of

gold in London increased from $66/ounce to $186.50/ounce-

an increase of 282% in less than 2 years

Found here:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_00/bl...hard123000.html

How about this one Yari.

Gouging

Gouging? Then what do you call paying 99 cents for a 2-liter bottle of sugared water? Even at $5/gal, it's probably still the biggest bargain of all time!

Yea, but have you ever drank gasoline? Ecchh!

(One does get an interesting buzz though.) :blink:

I know that your wave analysis tells you that gold is in a long term down trend.

Oh, I'm no e-wave expert (e-xpert?). The bearish e-wave count on gold is something I, unlike many gold bugs, simply refuse to reject out of hand; it is not something I live by. I have yet to be convinced that the bull market in gold has ended. A POG drop below 306 would do it, though - and below 325 I'll start getting serious doubts.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived