The Bachelorette

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started my shorts on Jan. 10 and after this OE week, I got sqeezed out of most of my money, but I am still ahead by 5%. Still have my shorts, too stubborn to cover. Is it better to cover during OE Week?

Mark, I read the Mark to Market everyday and I really enjoy it. One of the many reasons I joined this great site.

Oilman

The Signs of the Market's impending doom are all around us-but still the beast keeps performing it's Wylie E Coyote over the cliff-anti gravity act-but like Wylie it has to fall-but when?Think about today-Inflation bursts upon the scene-the trade deficit goes to the moon -farm exports fall for only the 3rd time in 30 years- Manufacturing activity for the month is zippo-Merrill is fined 80 MILLION dollars (but admits no wrong doing-ya right!)-JPM is fined 8 MILLION (but admits no wrong doing) THERE IS A TREND HERE FOLKS! The wheels are indeed starting to come off! I am 100% short and much of my ladder is solidly in the GREEN-like the END I damn near took some profit today. I smell as I said last night a bounce-but as SHRUB would say-the evy dense say's otherwise. If it bounces it will be manic and brief-the big drop is dead ahead. Good news is hard to come by and there's this WAR thingy-Trade Safe!

Normally, intraday cycles are nearly impossible to read during scam week. Not so this week however. The last two days in particular have had no surprises. Cmaps are actually getting hit on time, with little overrun or undershoot.See Stooltrading. Today especially. I was actually shocked at how quiet things were. This market really looks exhausted after the Snowzilla blowoff on Tuesday.

The principle of synchronicity tells us that all markets move together, more or less, both intra and inter-nationally. As long as I have been watching the tape, which is about 35 years off and on, I have observed this to be true. Stocks move together. Kindlebarger talks about the phenomenon in 11945.jpgManias Panics and Crashes. It was true even before the days of electronic communications.

Watching both the Nas and SPX minute to minute, I have not seen them moving together more than normal. In fact they have diverged quite often. The Nas has been far stronger in recent weeks than the big cap blue chip indices. This is evidence of overspeculation and mania symptomatic of a major top.

This is one sick market.

(BAREister @ Feb 20 2003, 03:52 PM)

Whatever happened to Bob Chapman's International FURcASSter? Can't seem to find any updates on www beyond mid Jan or so.

Anyone know?

Tia.

Bob Chapman disappeared

Gold anal cyst 'disappears' following WND report

Heads up GregF,

you better find that gold and get lost eh? :wink2:

Watching both the Nas and SPX minute to minute, I have not seen them moving together more than normal. In fact they have diverged quite often. The Nas has been far stronger in recent weeks than the big cap blue chip indices. This is evidence of overspeculation and mania symptomatic of a major top.

This is one sick market.

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a period near the end of the great bull market of the 90s when the Nasdaq handily outperformed the Dow and SPX... Eventually the Dow stocks caught up, but for awhile there, there was a stigma in Dow stocks, and the boys down on the floor were relieved when the divergence ended... Trying to remember if that was about the time they added Intel and MSFT to the Dow... No question about it though, pure speculation abounds... they aren't buying these techs for dividends, that's for sure....

thanks End & LOU. End, since you asked, i was flat today since i hold crazy shit like SPX puts 100-200 pts out of the money (which might explain my question). been making some bold bets in the Maximum Acceleration account since mid-january.

nice pitch doc, the hook is stuck in my mouth. i think it was the image of the MP&C cover that did it. while i'm at it, which is the best livermore book?

Archived