Joe Millionaire

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sox Bear, I don't think loU meant skin color by way of "brown noses". But he can answer for himself.

Buddha, I was also at a dinner over the weekend. Couple of people at the table were IT types who work at a couple of brokerages - one at Citi and the other at Lord Abbett (sp?). The latter said that mutual fund inflows were what was keeping them in business. Their stock brokerage business was down but were seeing around $50M+ daily/weekly inflows into the MF side. I was too busy concentrating on the wine as the rest of the conversation was pathetic, so the numbers and timeframes could be a little off...

Lord Abbett is probably seeing the majority of their inflows come thru Edward Jones. Man, if there's one brokerage I can't stand.... Edward Jones. There are three times as many Edward Jones strip mall franchise boutiques here as there are McDonald's. I get the impression that they train you for about 3 weeks... you put up the capital to open the stripmall cubbyhole... and they provide the literature package and tech support. You then spend your time offloading load funds to the locals in an attempt to garner enough sales to be in the running for Cadillacs and dream vacations. Right before I became "enlightened" about the markets and investing in general, I was with Edward Jones. They pushed Van Kampen, American, and Lord Abbett funds vigorously.

P.S. Backed up colons lead to poor complexions... as in acne. That is what buddha meant. Keep this crap up people and this is where we'll be: Britons face extradition for 'thought crime' on net

[end of rant]

Guest Icky Twerp

Any less verbiage, purple or not, from either Windy or Buddha, is a net loss to myself.

P.G. Wodehouse wrote in the introduction to one of his volumes of Golf Stories that he would consider only criticism prefaced by the critic's handicap, giving greater weight to low-handicappers than high-handicappers.

I question whether someone (like myself, to be perfectly frank) with a "Stock Intern" rating, which indicates not only a low-level of posting, but a probable short duration of reading of Windy and Buddha may really pass judgement. Much like Mogambo Guru, who comes with a disclaimer from the Daily Reckoning, Mark-to-Market is an acquired taste that requires a level of understanding beyond the superficial level of the entertaining and necessarily offensive basic metaphor.

I didn't see the offense posts, but we all know that anyone delving into humor goes over the line, for just-this-side of the line is where the humor is.

We all want only that every potential stoolie should be welcome, and a paying member to support the Good Doktor and his minions. But now, there is a TA only thread for those unable to parse the vitriolic musings of the truly gifted Wndysurf and Buddhadropping.

Do we have to have another thread for Only-those-versed-in-super-model-analogies? OH! That's what Mark-to-Market already IS! AND Wndysurf is the Moderator!

P.G. Wodehouse also wrote this in The Man from Upstairs : "I never apologize. The right sort of people don't need them and the wrong sort will make mean use of them."

We are all on edge and cranky by definition (except for Doug Cliggot, who is the most cheerful bear in the world). Peace to all paying stoolies. Thanks to the Good Doktor, Wndy, & Buddha, for what has been, and for what will be, I hope.

IT

people pissed off, talk of leaving, folks affronted and feeling underappreciated - doesn't this mean a top is near? :lol: actually, i mean it.

Second that! This weekend's contentious conflicts made me think that our resident doctors had been lax in not upping their prescriptions of laxatives to the denizens.

:grin:

[btw, I was one of the posters who gave the buddha a hard time. Irrespective of what he or I think of Ms. Rice, his racist diatribe against her struck me as way out of line. As did his ongoing politicization of the discussion. Doc seemed to agree by deleting those posts.]

For the record,

while I don't think this is the place for racist diatribes or espousing one's political views and even though I completely disagree with buddhadrops on these matters,

I'm certainly NOT advocating booting anyone, especially buddhadrops, off the board. [ Not that I'm in any position to do so either. That's the Doc's perogative. ]

When buddhadrops writes about the market it's well worth reading and more entertaining than I could ever write.

It's my view that this board is most useful and interesting when discussing the markets and, of course, astrology ;)

Mark- You're in one of your funks again-don't be! This irreverent DOG PILE we all belong to-feeds off your over the top and. somewhat twisted daily musings. You da GLUE that holds the rubber to the road-so get over it and keep the fire burning and the light in the window. Rubby Dub-I have been called a lot of things but NEVER a liberal and how you can call Stoolville a nest of liberals is beyond me?? Sure Budda got carried away and slapped for it-move on! This RALLY is all but cooked-I agree completely with the End- I spent today rolling puts out to April and my ladder currently has a top rung at 855 and a bottom rung at 800 if we see 870 on this excuse for a rally then that will be my top rung. Don't lose sight of where we are going first under 800 on the SPOO's then under 700. Personally today's action suggests strongly to me that it rolls-over tomorrow. That huge spike this a.m. took us to 849 on the SPX just the bottom of resistance and it died there. Spent the rest of the day pushing to a high of 852.87 and then came off slightly at the close. NO FOLLOW THRU-suggests REVERSAL DEAD AHEAD! Stay Short and Trade Safe-remember the GTN indicator has never failed us.

If you sign up for membership in a nudist colony, don't show up and complain about how indecent everyone is.

I lurked this site for six months before joining. When I did join, I knew this site was for me and populated with people like me.

No regrets, no complaints.

Love it or Leave it.

[Mark

I for one love the daily commentarys, it's the first thing I do when I get home from work. The only reason you should stop writing is if you are getting bored (we are not)

I for one have stopped trying to trade this market, I would rather take the money to Vegas and gamble it. Playing blackjack the right way means the house has only a 3% edge over the player, trading against your govenment the odds are way worse!

alot of puts got slaughtered the last few days.I have made up my mind to buy qqq puts if we gap up tomorrow.I'm thinkin april now,march may make me nervous.

I only have a few more days to watch the tape intraday,looks like I'm going back to work on friday.I'm gonna start drinkin if I keep watching anyway....lol

machine: now doubt that porgram is well inderway, the only question is how long till it fails miserably? As all statist interventions ultimately are disasters

I've been saying the same thing for a year -- The FED is in the market so much that Grasso has given them a seat -- and most of the time people tell me I'm some kind of conspiracy nut. Well, when the whole damn ball of wax depends on keeping stock prices inflated, The FED, the gang of 22, the Treasury, the PPT and the shadow goverment will do whatever it takes to do exactly that. They will probably fail and that is where all the Homeland Security and crowd control exercises will become common. They can delay it, but they can't prevent it.

For those that want to see the announcement of the Repo Blast here it is:

Federal Reserve of NY Repo Info

I also have a question for others here. Do lenders have the same 20% equity requirement on re-financings? If so, isn't the Refi Trough starting to run dry?

What I mean by this is...someone going to the Refi Trough over and over again may end up having to pay PMI if they borrow more than 80% of the value of their home. Or, they just won't do it.

Correct me if I am wrong on this.

people pissed off, talk of leaving, folks affronted and feeling underappreciated - doesn't this mean a top is near? :lol: actually, i mean it.

It means that this country is highly polarized over politics and the need to go to war. It goes well beyond simply being PC. People out there are down right angry. Haven't seen a social mood like this since the 60's.

re: brown noses. Good God!!! I didn't mean THAT kind of brown nose!!!

Nuff said. Clearly demonstrates the ambiguity of perception vs. intent.

-lOU, a.k.a. Trent Lott

Famous noses:

red nose - Rudolph

white nose - Kudlow

yellow nose - Frank Zappa

blue nose - Flipper

purdymouth-Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK)! Great name invoking fear among adversaries. WWII redux; US takes over, leaves, Russians come in. As usual, the US does the dirty work for the REAL criminals of the world.

Archived