Gold Is Money

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fleck covered his shorts yesterday.

He said DELL news was already priced in and new the market would bounce.

Warned us of the "no news" period now that earnings season is over, and now people can fantasize about the "war rally" and "second half recovery", etc.

He said the rally could last from 2 days to as long as 3 weeks.

Recommends investors to avoid shorting now.

But if you remember, Fleck also covered very early during the July decline, and missed the last third of the move which was the steepest.

In the event of a war rally, which takes us up to 1400 or so, that would further extend this topping pattern and guarantee a collapse into the fall just like last year.

Otherwise, if we drop off from here, then I'll be covering sometime in March.

Flecks got a good point. This period is looking more like the post 9-11 Afghanistan war period than last July. Money managers are conditioned to buy any crisis regardless of origin or severity. Pavlov could not condition dogs to this level.

Crapvision University is in town with their road show. From the materials they sent me, they are wildy bullish.

I am going to the 7PM show. Will be interesting to see how they treat the slippery slope that we are on now. "Buying Opportunity of a Lifetime"? :lol:

Mark,

I had a similar experience today as I bought my first Golden Eagle. Turns out Rocky Mountain Coin is just 5 blocks away and they were so kind to help. They mentioned how business has been booming recently and they let me hold some maples and krugs...wow...what a feeling. I closed up one of my money market accounts and withdrew the remaining cash at my local bank today...teller asks, 'for what reason are you closing your account and purging all your cash?'.....bahhahhaaaa......chuckled to myself and offered a humble reply. On my adventure in downtown Denver today I couldn't help but notice the DOZENS and DOZENS of unmarked police cars littering every corner around the gov't buildings...pigs everywhere....wierd, I tell 'ya...spooky.

Anyway...my real intention was to buy 10 golden eagles but the store charges $20 premium to the spot price...that ain't cool. I had to buy ONE just to have and to hold but where can I go to buy 10 eagles and NOT pay such a premium?

Also, you guys know of a URL where I can learn more about buying gold....years, specs, types...etc.....thanks in advance.

man it feels good to have GOLD in hand..............wow

direwolf

SHEEEESH!! Just listened to the Arch Crawford interview posted on Ike's site. This guy sounds really concerned about a pre-emptive strike by SH. I have listened to him before, but this time he was very serious in his tone. I have also had a very nervous feeling the last day or so. Things just don't feel right. :huh:

Dudes and Dudettes,

check out Ike's interview with Arch tonight. He's still calling for Armageddon on Sunday. He thinks Saddam might pre-empt and attack US! :o :angry: He went 200% short today.

I'm short but sure hope he's wrong. :( :cry:

"trade safe"

marketviews tv

That interview is a bit scary-sounding. The geopolitical tension right now is amazing. Everybody's apparently feeling it here in the states: my wife went to the grocery store (Costco) today and the place was PACKED. She had to wait in line to get in! Everybody's out buying water and canned goods and duct tape (presumably to hang themselves with, since I don't see what good it would do in an actual attack).

It's crazy right now. People in this country are scared. Do we all sense something real coming? Or is it just from government/media-driven chimeras?

DW,

This site has some general information:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_03/s...tott011803.html

I inherited a couple of 1856 $20 eagles,some $10, and $5 coins ( not mint but very close) this past December and I was/am mesmerized by it's weight and feel. Will buy some krugs soon, the premium is less than eagles. Looking at the perth mint certificates too. Small premium and can be converted to coins/bars on demand.

I also like 100oz, silver bars.

Stoolies rule,

BW

Archived