COOPER CAMERON CORP (CAM)

PRECISION DRILLING CORP (PDS)

NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD-USD (NBR)

CORE LABORATORIES N V-USD (CLB)

HALLIBURTON CO HOLDINGS CO (HAL)

Dan Denning For the Daily Reckoning Friday, 31 January 2003

"The only companies who will profit after the war - no matter

who owns the fields - are the companies who will help make

the fields productive. I'm talking about oil service companies.

It doesn't matter if France, Russia, the U.S. Army or a new

Iraqi government owns the fields. Whoever owns them

will need the services and the equipment to make the

profitable. Enter oil service stocks.

Oil service stocks - the companies who sell the equipment and

services to make oil fields productive - were the biggest winners

in the days between the beginning of the air war in Gulf War

One and the end of the ground war. I'm forecasting a quick

gain in this sector immediately after the bullets start to fly."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Martoonies-good info about the two bank failures-ties in with a rumour I heard today about a dzen wonky banks! Phat-you are right about the look of Shrubarino-he reminds me about the guy who went to the shrink-the shrink said what's your problem-the guy said-no one listens to me anymore-no one cares-no one acknowleges me-the shrink pushed the button on his intercom and said "NEXT!" We are at an inflection point in the markets right freekin here if we open straight up tomorrow-RUN LIKE HELL-we are headed to 860-880 SPX-8150-8210 DOW and very QUICK-so get up early and if we open hard up don't flinch-843 is my stop. To anyone who wants to ride it out-if you have March contracts roll to April and be VERY deep in the money. So in summing up at the open tomorrow she croaks or rockets up. Purdy being wrong hurts like hell-don't let it happen again-listen to Doc and the Board-there is a lot of experience here. I said a few days back Gold was due for a reaming and I thought 68-70 on the Xau should do it-I still do and will be adding there. trade Safe!

wndysrf,

Pardon my ignorance! I'm Swedish but living in London, UK.

Whatever happens, I hope and pray that nothing like 9.11

happens again because my brother was killed that day. His

name is David Tengelin and he worked in WTC1, floor 100.

HRFF is profoundly CYNICAL re Wall St and Washington. They've been sleeping with each UDDER FUR years, now. They'll do ANYTHING to make things look good w the economy, on Wall St that they can pull off beFUR the Administration unleashes a potential (LMAZZOFF) catASStrophe, so a huge rally would not surprise The BARE at all given their avaricious natures, so wantonly and repeatedly displayed throughout the Bubble and the myriad "rescue" attempts since. (If the govt/Fed were really serious about imposing discipline it would have done so at DJIA 6000 irrational exuberance levels or SOONER) All to no avail, of course, in some ironic kind of poetic? justice, and on the cosmic scale, too - if it weren't ultimately, so damned TRAGIC FUR this nation in particular, given it's once resilient and FINANCIALLY SOUND economy, and humanity, in general, which will suffer even more than we will, butt you won't think so due to all the HOWLING of newly disenfranchised YUPPIES and spoiled Middle Americans.

Butt he's just GUESSIN' and crossin' his CLAWS and HOPIN' his bailing out of his shorts (he's now, truly BARE) wasn't THE ULTIMATE crASSh SIGNAL!!! LOLOL

Mr TwoScrewsLoose:

You say: They should read Congress Moore's Law.

Well, TwoScrews, yurrr RIGHT! Congress is just CHOCK FULL of LAWYERS they shurrrrrre didn't teach ya that "law" in LAWR SKOOL!!!

lolol

Of course it would serve HRFF RIGHT FUR being cynical if the market crASShed FURom here.

He'll gamble on Mr ASStro's DIRE predix and re-enter short FUR the 16th, however.

Long time twixt now and then, tho.

We're in what HRFF 'long' ago predicted, namely, the NATALIE MERCHANT "and now, FUR the TRICKY part", phase of the market where it's maddening to be both long and short.

And that's the long and short of it! LOL

Greg, I'll put it back just fer you !

Did you get a reply from Cramm...Jammm...Creamm...uhhhh*hic* ..Cramer to your precise and well articulated e-mail the other day ?

I think the MartiniClaus might just be visiting your house soon as well......

*hic*

Archived