Beating Expectations

Piles, your "You are an idiot" song never fails to crack me up. Unfortunately it also then gets stuck in a loop in my mental soundtrack.

RTEC is up .007 after hours. Oooh, I'm scared! :lol: Thanks again. Hopefully there will be another chance tomorrow to short one more POS.... but also hopefully, for the sake of all of our blood pressure, not as good a chance as today. It was a pleasant surprise to come home and see that my account wasn't looking as bad as I thought it would.

Congrats on catching two more piggies right at the top.

I miss Merciless's Bwa-ha-ha. Hope he's enjoying sailing around in his solid gold boat, or whatever he's doing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

Maybe he thinks the price of oil will go down and help the market rally. Let see, Iraq is already producing oil at its highest level in a long time, so a war could only bring less not more oil (the opposite of first Gulf War where an oil embargo was in place).

Or maybe he is just ....

ShamPoo

Damn funny stuff Mark and B,

Got this

http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/5/26475.html

off IDS today and listened to the call. Mark, you should hear it. Also funny but in a different way. Listen so you know you are not the only one seeing what is dead ahead.

Second your recommendation: good listening from an inside player. Some of it is hard to follow but the further you go into it the more clear the warnings are. He draws a parallel with 1978, when people said interest rates would not rise above 9?? percent or five?? percent. (couldn't hear it clearly but it's the conclusion that mattered.)

"Within five years I was trading interest rates at 17 percent." :blink:

His stuff on the efforts that will be required to support the dollar and where he expects the residential mortgage market to fail first are what many bears are saying. But this guy is an insider. Great stuff.

LostItAll

Hi all. I was wondering if Doc or someone with a forum can do a poll with the question:

At what level will you most likely cover (+/- 10 points) in the next significant decline on the SPX?

I think you just did! :wink2:

Anyone note the Investor's Intelligence numbers?

From Schaeffer's site:

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetoo...s/inv_intel.asp

47.2% bulls

29.2% bears

These guys are almost comical. Does anyone even listen to them? The only reason I can think of is they're all counting on the big war really they're certain will happen. I just hope I can convince my relatives to get the hell out of the market before it collapses....

SB

Archived