World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Futile flapping

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION FAST FACTSPOSTS BY LEE ADLER The Great Divergence- Orders Not So Durable As Stock Prices Bubble by Lee Adler •  September 29, 2016

Capture26-480x286.png

“U.S. factories reported flat demand for big-ticket goods in August, suggesting the economy continues to be restrained by sluggish business spending,” reported The Wall Street…

MUST READ US, UK, EU Get Temporary Relief From Plunging Yield Curves, Then Pfft! by Anthony B. Sanders •  September 28, 2016
euroyc-480x360.png

The US, UK and EU nations like Germany and France have seen declining yield curve slopes over the past year. Until September 8, the date of the last ECB meeting. There was an across-the-board jump in sovereign yield curves. Then pffft.

MUST READ Stanley Fischer’s Novel Idea: “We’d Be Better Off With A Price For Using Money” by David Stockman •  September 28, 2016

The end game of central bank lunacy is surely near. Even the Fed heads appear to be mumbling bits and pieces of truth in public. Former Philly Fed President Charles Plosser, for example, told Bloomberg TV this morning that central bankers “wring their hands all the time,” are very “concerned about credibility,” and are “pretty good at conjuring up reasons not…

MUST READ UBS: Housing Bubble Is About to Burst in These 6 Cities Across the Globe by Money Morning Staff Reports •  September 28, 2016
UBSs-Global-Real-Estate-480x419.jpg

According to a UBS AG report released this week, the global housing bubble is on the cusp of collapse in six cities.

MUST READ We’re on the Cusp of Repeating the 2008 Financial Crisis by Money Morning Staff Reports •  September 28, 2016

Will Deutsche Bank’s downfall cause a crash similar to the 2008 financial crisis?

If it refuses to take a bailout, then yes – it most certainly will.

MUST READ Where Crude Oil Prices Are Headed After the Algeria OPEC Meeting by Jack Delaney •  September 28, 2016
CrudeOilPricesGraph.jpg

Crude oil prices are going to remain volatile in the short term because OPEC could not reach an agreement at its September meeting.

MUST READ Durable Goods Fall For 20th Straight Month YoY, Capital Goods Ski-Sloping by Anthony B. Sanders •  September 28, 2016
capgoodsexed-480x360.png

For the 4th month in a row, Capital Goods Shipments (Ex Air) fell MoM – down 0.4%, missing expectations of a 0.1% rise, and historical data was revised lower.

MUST READ My Kuroda! Bank Of Japan’s Targeting Of Yield Curve Goes The Wrong Way by Anthony B. Sanders •  September 27, 2016
japan10yposttarg-480x360.png

On September 21, 2016 (last than a week ago), Bloomberg has this headline: “BOJ Shifts Policy Framework to Targeting Japan’s Yield Curve.

MUST READ Is Inequality Rising or Falling? by James Kwak •  September 27, 2016
screen-shot-2016-09-27-at-1-07-00-pm-480

By James Kwak Last week, Council of Economic Advisers chair Jason Furman took to the Washington Post to announce that President Obama has “narrowed the inequality gap.

THE HOLY TRINITY OF WALL STREET

In the beginning was wall street and they wanted to get rich. But how was the question. So they went on a long journey a quest sort of of the monetary kind.

They searched high and low and finally they discovered the god LIQUIDITY

And the god LIQUIDITY was pleased by his new found worshipers so he gave wall street a gift.

The gift was a game called Heads I win and Tails I lose

And this was a fair and honest game and a river of greenbacks flowed down form the sky onto wall street and they were happy.

But wall street was not content with this game. They grew bored with it and noticed that often the river of greenbacks would reverse flow and flow back up to monetary heaven. Also the river had a nasty tendency to become sluggish and shallow and dry up completely for long periods of time.

They wanted more so they continued their search

They searched high and low until they discovered the god LEVERAGE.

And the god LEVERAGE was pleased by his new found worshipers so he gave wall street a gift.

The gift was a game called:

"Heads I win and Tails You lose"

And wall street was very pleased with this new game

For another even larger river appeared in the sky and showered greenbacks down on wall street and they were even more pleased by this new god.

Wall street was very content with this game. But there was one BIG problem with it. They noticed that the the river of greenbacks after flowing for a long period would suddenly stop flowing and they would all lose their jobs. This game was flawed  because although it did not cost wall street any money their were all these people called shareholders and bond investors complaining they had lost all their money and somehow blaming wall street.

So wall street went in search of a new god and a new game. They searched high and low and finally they found the newest god of all LATENCY.

And the god LATENCY was pleased by his new found worshipers so he gave wall street a gift.

The gift was a game called Heads I win and Tails I also Win.

And wall street were ecstatic for this was the best game of all...... the perfect game.

A game they could not lose.

(However it was a costly game to play and involved spending a fortune on optic fiber, programmers, micowaves,lasers and co-location fees 

And a new river of greenbacks appeared in the sky and the river flowed at the speed of light.

Hi Aussiebear

thanks for your thoughts from last night

if i remember correctly nov and dec seasonals for gold are usually pretty good

maybe the consolidation is ending soon

Yep, I think so .. I've moved a number of stocks from "on watch" to "possible buy".. B)

Archived