Groundhog Day

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mentioned something a few days ago about that $500B japanese intervention "fund" or "budget".  Someone had posted about it with wording that implied it was in place.  As far as I know, it is only "asked for" so far; and the J-gov has not yet approved it.  Please do correct me if something's changed recently.

I have to think about this one for a bit MJ.....would it really "freeze" things?  What would all other doolar-holders on the planet think about it?  Wouldn't such moves be a blatant indication of the death of the doolar ?  I'd think that all other foreign money would dry up quickly.  I.e., people would step up the pace of their shifting OUT of doolar assets....knowing that the end was near...i.e. hyperinflation as soon as the Japanese system crashes; which it surely will if they continue to pour THAT kind of cash down the doolar-toilet.

That new "pot" is only 3 times the size of what they've blown in the past 12 months alone.  And the past year's pile-o-yen has not kept the doolar from sliding down down down...

Actually they do have to approve the intervention in a formal budget type process; however that doesn't stop the BOJ at all in short run from intervening as much and often as its wants. The budget is in some ways a projection of what is already happening.

Neglected in that brief story is the need for Japan to sterilize, that is buy back excess yen as to not cause inflation and/or general devaluation of the yen from the new yen used to buy $s. New yen bill/bond issues will eventually be issued, with some lag, will be sold on the market equal to the amount of $s bought.

Therefore buying $100 billions+ of $ may cause Japanese interest rates to rise, which will prevent them from the unlimited purchases talked about in that story.

what's the difference between "competitive devaluation" and "beggar-thy-neighbor" ?

"competitive devaluation" is what the old-school, more cultured and educated criminal statists did.

"beggar thy neighbor" is what today's crude, boorish, and blatant statists do.

make sense now ? :lol:

hiding: tanks for the clarification on J cash-flush.

I just read something elsewhere which implied that China -does- use the same basic mechanism for 'pegging' the yuan to the buck.

I don't quite understand china's actions, frankly. There's always so much talk about China as the country that will lead the world, take the US's place, etc. etc.; but they seem to be digging themselves into a very deep hole.. :unsure:

Yes. Amazing lack of reaction to a default, seems to be between $6 and $12 billion, looks like nobody knows exactly how big it is. Marketwatch sez "This is no Enron" excuuuuze me?

wHILE other economic hobbyists are complacently asserting that Enron is no Permalak--that WW 2 was not a Civil War and that Civil War is not like the War of 1812 which isnt like the war of 1811 or xx10 which isn't like a monkey's ass and so on and on until the negative comparings and contrastings get down and dirty and we get M Jackson's horny attachment to children isnt comparable to Jessy J yearning for adult poontang;

and then finally the youngster's killing his mommy isn't remotely compared to the murder of his cousin who, incidentally, murdered his father,both serving as another example of comparative irrelavence, in sum, a cultures tortured path to murdrooouuus carnivalism with the sideshow barkers throowing loose limbs and organs to a ravenous crowd

beardrech

:ph34r: i must have put my message in the wrong box

beardrech

I didn't know this....Japan already HAS mad-cow, in its own herds :P

Japanese authorities have been especially leery about mad cow since the nation's herds suffered the first recorded outbreak of the disease in Asia in September 2001, causing meat consumption to plunge.

Consumption, however, has since rebounded. Tokyo moved ahead with the ban despite assurances from US officials that the American beef supply was safe.

The country quarantined 604 cows in October to prevent the spread of the disease after authorities confirmed that a 23-month-old bull had a new strain of the bovine illness, the nation's eighth case.

The move raised fresh questions about tighter screening procedures implemented since the September 2001 case.

Da Cheif steppin out...from the CFZ on Si ...Wollies Xmas cheer to the bears...

To:isopatch who started this subject

Respond to of 5532

the coming world wide explosion in democracy and free enterprise is in the early stages of being discounted by gold the canadian buck ...the US equity market etc etc....the inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalled proportions will see the naz well above 20k and the dow well above 40 k...16 k in the dow will be reached in a matter of months....the canada buck is headed to above par....gold to 2000......so it is written ...so it shall be....the long suffering bears who fought the bull of the90.s will now get religion and a really true bubble mania where this time bears will not exist is dead ahead......to believe otherwise is to admit that independent thinking is not part of your makeup....

Naz above 20K ?

If this plays out, whats our world gonna look like ? 16,000 is possible in this isnane world but 20000 Naz ?

As a reference point, seeing how the Naz is at 2000 now, this was the same guy in 2000 that said Naz 10000 in months so take it fwiw.

Maybe he's right and we are nuts...I don't know anymore since the markets no longer exist as they once did.

Ag

Idiots Handbook:

Sterilize:The process by which Japs convert Yen into highly liquid Yen denominated debt. The debt is bought by large Japanese Banks with Yen created through fractional reserve banking. This highly liquid debt bought with newly created money does not increase inflation.

We all know spongiform spontaneous generates in isolated cases confirming 17th century biology as right all along.

i'll bet you a dime to a dollar its probably a peta franchise of al quaida--those no good bastards--everything good in the world is of an animal nature except me--i am made of cardboard and soapstone-and in their estimation, because of my chemical composition, do not deserve to eat other animals, which would be transgressing on the Lion and Tiger's domain:

They have succedded in taming the renowned Leos , annd of which they've already got thousands off the zebra kick;de rigeur are the fashionable hi-table Kalahari lunches of pear halves and cottage cheeze--

I'm a dead schmuck if forced to eat carbohydrates--bloated and drained of energy is the typical pre-diabetics experience in eating all those pastry goodies

Even now those truckloads of stinking theriolatrists are trying to have me deported for failing to matriculate my deceased border Collie in the Ecole de Normal Superier--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: is cannibalism acceptable PETA? Yes but only those specimens without pajamas and who have visited their local depillitorist lately--because if we catch you walking along the seashore with all of that hair on your back, we willl ,at first, pelt you with eggs and dogshit--further violations of apprpriate beach attire will lead to stoning

"competitive devaluation" is what the old-school, more cultured and educated criminal statists did.

"beggar thy neighbor" is what today's crude, boorish, and blatant statists do.

make sense now ? :lol:

hiding: tanks for the clarification on J cash-flush.

I just read something elsewhere which implied that China -does- use the same basic mechanism for 'pegging' the yuan to the buck.

I don't quite understand china's actions, frankly. There's always so much talk about China as the country that will lead the world, take the US's place, etc. etc.; but they seem to be digging themselves into a very deep hole.. :unsure:

What do you expect from a nation located at the antipodes and which population is doomed to perpetually walking on the earth ,upside down, causing that niagra-loud roaring, the sound of a billion gallons of blood rushing to a billion brains--the vertigo,the maishe kapairtness topsy-turviness of the scene,ghastly beyond belief--the horror!!!

Rumour has it tha they are about to build a Federal Reserve Building in Classical Style like ours only having the basement on the 17th floor--

All this and you expect them to revalue the renmimibi????

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: how do they stick to the earth without mucilage??

It would be good for the US consumer if other countries ban our beef. My personal theory says that mad cow is related to Alzheimer's Disease, but WTFDIK?

alzheimers disease,i believe,was a popular dancce band in the thirties--mad cow disease is related to Princess Di--

beardrech :cry: dont cry for me argentina Please stop--But you there yeh you Brazil and Peru wtf are you laughing? whats so funny???

As far as I know from Mad Cow disease in Europe is, that it is related to or can cause variant CJD (Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease) in humans.

Think that the histology of the disease is different to Alzheimer but the end result is similar except that CJD is very progressive.

indeed many political anthropologists have reported, the creuzfeldt-jacobites were notorious for perusing advanced copies of the nation magazine and indulging in marxist babling at the terminal stages of their careers-while

the Alzheimers,retrogressives,mouthed the pieties of Adam Smith from a version translated into mediaeval Arabic--they,by the way were totally ignorant of a certain famous dance band popular in the thirties,a biological insignia which to this very day has baffled doctors who are not able to discern this as being either an example of Alzheimers or sheer cognitive inferiority

beardrech

:ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: why am i being sentenced to death??? Fool think how being sentenced to life would sound!!! Why whats wrong with that--sounds like the mouthings of a premature cynic...perfectly understandable andgrammaticaly digestible :blink:

Archived