Daily Digger - Fryday Oct. 1, '04

I've never seen a money tree, but they say money does grow on trees. Now that it's fall, do they naturally fall off the money tree? Why if it was a $50 money tree it certainly has some fall colors. I keep seeing "the new color of money" and supposedly "they" need to spice up the color to stay ahead of the criminal paper printers - as if they weren't criminal.

Anyway, they are talking money at some G7 meetings and they probably are going to be rubbing elbows with Chinese officials and Asian nations who've done a good job of supporting ol buck for their own benefit. Well, maybe they are helping us, but if your going to be getting an annual 3% wage increase this year and the next I can probably safely say inflation is probably running at least twice that.

For some reason I got a few things banging in my brain about gold. The first is a weekly Dinapoli 422 objective - an overbought trendline and Doc's last target in the 417 area for near term objectives. Doesn't mean it won't just keep on going up to higher objectives, but then maybe we'd have to expect Buck to keep dropping off a cliff. I'm actually in favor of a trading range consolidation from a 412 creek area up to 422-426 before busting higher to the top at 436.

post-11-1096602974_thumb.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't even entertain something bullish for buck, but we are at ice. Watch for a spring higher here. Ever since I picked up Derrik Hobbs book on Fibonacci trading the Bullish Butterfly developments shows up once and a while. I'm hoping its just a dream that doesn't come true.

post-11-1096604849_thumb.gif

XAU:

I'll try to post charts on the weekend. I believe we've hit the orthodox top in wave 5 of C. It is not, however the price top. I expect a decline to 94.48, and then a double top in XAU. The second top will be higher than the top on Thursday afternoon. Target is still 104.

Here's the pattern:

post-11-1096607828.jpg

In Euros the goldrise is still very sustainable ( not very exciting yet )

My selfimposed prediction of an intermidiate high first three weeks of octobre is still on schedule

I hope we do not go hyperbolic too soon

The attached gold chart is based on London closing prices

post-11-1096619686.gif

This may be a stupid question, but at what point to these miners start paying earnings?? How high does silver have to go to get the earnings positive?

Not a stupid question at all. I think at this point it's all speculation similarly to when the Nasdaq bull took off in the early 90's. Back then, earnings weren't a concern either.

Good to see you're still around. B)

I won't even entertain something bullish for buck, but we are at ice. Watch for a spring higher here. Ever since I picked up Derrik Hobbs book on Fibonacci trading the Bullish Butterfly developments shows up once and a while. I'm hoping its just a dream that doesn't come true.

Charmin, if you want people to look serious at your charts you better put the timeline on it.

Archived