Proprietary Trading Programs

Bloomberg reported today that more than 80% of companies surveyed were against expensing options while 76% of investors favored the change.

They still want a license to steal from shareholders. Until that stops, long live the Bear and Capital Stool!

Enjoy your vacation Mark. You will be missed.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the easiest ramp job to participate in that I have seen in a while. Perhaps too easy?

The Transports were waaay overextended to the downside, and gave a huge buy signal while the Dow was still near the lows, leading the way yet again. Absolute no brainer.

Tomorrow's action is important. For the sake of the bear case, we don't want to see a whole bunch of long white candles here. We have some room to rally though, so even if we do get the big up day tomorrow, the bulls are not out the woods by a long shot.

Almost all of the major Dow and Naz stocks are still trading below their 120,180,240 min 200 MAs. And most are just starting to roll over. Until we start trading and consolidating over those, there will be no monster rally, just one day wonders. Of course, a one day wonder that runs up to those averages could lead to a larger rally after consolidation.

That said, we panic rallied (complete with +1200 tick) right up into a good resistance area. We "probably" go right back down tomrrow. This is where it gets really interesting. I'm in scalp mode again until either today's lows are busted, or it is clear that indeed we have made a bullish reversal. I still favor bearish resolution.

The charts of the NDX reflect pretty much where we are.

90min

1047507723512?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=INDEX:NDX.X&Interval=90&Permission=405569&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=BB&Param1=200&Param2=200&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

120min

1047507723512?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=INDEX:NDX.X&Interval=120&Permission=405569&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=BB&Param1=200&Param2=200&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

180min

1047507723512?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=INDEX:NDX.X&Interval=180&Permission=405569&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=BB&Param1=200&Param2=200&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

240min

1047507723512?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=INDEX:NDX.X&Interval=240&Permission=405569&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=2&Study=BB&Param1=200&Param2=200&Param3=9&FontSize=10.gif

Imagine that? "4:44PM Intel CEO says against expensing options -- Dow Jones (INTC) 16.20 +0.35: Separately says co's flash prices to remain the same. " What crap, nothing has changed. Not expensing options is downright fraud. I repeat, after three years Nothing has changed. We still do not have an sec and corp mgmt are still shills.

Yeah, and MMM said it is keeping it's pension rate of return at 9%. They'll pay down the road for that though.

Bloomberg reported today that more than 80% of companies surveyed were against expensing options while 76% of investors favored the change.

They still want a license to steal from shareholders. Until that stops, long live the Bear and Capital Stool!

Enjoy your vacation Mark. You will be missed.

The "investors" may be sorry if they get what they ask for. Would you wanna be holding Untel or Crisco when they announce proforma earnings would have been 60% higher if they didn't have to expense those darn options?

"Shareholders would have enjoyed an additional 40 cents in earnings, but instead we decided to give that money to our hard-working and loyal executives."

Enjoy your vac Mark- we'll miss you!

PS- Elizabeth Smart was just found ALIVE!

Oakland to Layoff Hundreds of Teachers

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=11...83&nav=5D7lEUwC

"Unfortunately, this is part of the budget cuts we're facing, not only in Oakland, but up and down the state," said Superintendent Dennis Chaconas.

The daunting task of utterly failing *hic* to teach the basics of financial matters is falling into fewer and fewer hands. . <_<

...I will be in Maui.

I will have my digital camera, so I expect to post some photos of some Island Exotica...

We shall look forward to viewing beautiful photographs of Maui's various orchids, helliconia, cyads, pink ginger, and perhaps even stellata.....

Best wishes, Mark.

Bounce has come now one has to ask how painful will it for people who are still shorts. If previous scam week is any thing to go by then it will be painful. Spike in the morning will be sold off; this is where one should cover and go long or take a break and come back in April. Last two weeks in each month can be real painful.

Since I am a fool I could be wrong. :unsure:

There is a turn date on 4th april. :D

take care,

post-7-1047509205.gif

Don't know much about science books, don't know much about the French I took... but I do know this. Unless your bias is long into next Wednsday, good luck. Those looking for a dip to cover, thats nice but during forensic jam fests its best to anticipate rather than be caught with pants around ankles trying to crap in the middle of a Barcelona Bull Ring. I suspect all we get will be mild retraces from here with a target much higher than your average technician is calculating. In other words same as always. War blast looks like its coming around March 25th. The go date is in and only an unexpected and extreme turn of events will change that imo.

Racketeering week and pre racketeering are a reality and must be taken into account. Can't get around it. It's there. I covered a few shorts last week, and switched into a few new ones that were more promising for near term swings. Today at about 1:30PM est I covered all shorts. Profits taken. I am still waiting to enter any gold stock. So now I am all cash. Additionally, Doc's work is a tremendous help, and so are all the really good postings here at Stool. I will be watching to get back in, and maybe missing a few $ will be ok....a small price to pay for peace of mind and regrouping....

Archived