HedgeHogs Grassoed

If this is really stupid, sorry.

Don't hedgehogs use options? And wouldn't taking off puts and putting on calls be a wash? It's still a mystery to me where the liquidity for this rally has come from.

They also short. The tell was so many issues were not available to short this week.

Some people think the entire rally from 95-2000 was short covering.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
H-P authorizes $1 billion for stock buybacks (HPQ) by Rex Crum

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) said Friday it had authorized $1 billion to be used to buy back company stock at future dates. H-P said it intends to used the authorization to continue with normally planned share repurchases and other buybacks as needed. H-P shares rose 18 cents to close at $21.15

this is really bad news for bears

No it isn't.

It just shows Carley should have been named Curly.

For a glance at what is going to happen eventually to every single one of PD's long picks, look no further than FWHT today.

Then go to Schaeffers website and look at the outstanding put/call ratio on FWHT. Very low. Many more calls than puts, hence everybody's in the pool, hence, no one left to buy, hence BOOM

Look at GILD. Low put/call ratio. Can't tick up at all.

Then look at the semi's. very high outstanding put/call ratios. Almost impossible to get a downtick.

Look at the hysteria put buying on the internuts, YHOO, EBAY, AMZN. No downticks ever!!

With the FIRM thought of NOTHING I TYPE SHOULD be used as FINANCIAL ADVICE. LEXR looks like a great short.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchar...r&freq=1&time=8

Don't follow me. I know nothin', I tell ya.

Scott,

Some stoolies can testify, I recommended shorting FWHT last night.

Day late, doo-lar short. Oh well.

Still long with no intentions of getting out soon.

Up 7 days in a row now.

Who cares why  :lol:

Nothing looks bearish once you take the blinders off  :P

Pile's a broken record, but that tune he is singing is making him rich! :D

Congrats Pile.

Pile's is my buddy.

I am just giving him something to think about. He has been very right here. I just hope he doesn't give up those gains.

The End : I hear you old chap.

Below is excerpt from sept 18th alert from www.Mktcycles.com site. It highlight charts of stocks, commodities and financials that are +2 or -2 sigma wrt to their trend. He uses Hurst as a method.

Pay attention to what he saying about the S&P. I don't go much on the october linkage as "santa clause" rally didn't happen on time nor did the "sell in may & go away" happen either. However, I do pay attention to the sigma level on his chart.

-------------------------------------

Standard & Poor's Index: You'd have to say that the most dangerous part of the year for the US Stock Market is the month of October. The crash of 1929, the crash of 1987, and many other "mini" crashes have occurred during October. Now take a look at the WEEKLY charts for the Standard & Poor's 500 Index:

Sigma Bands

Signal Bands

Cyclical Decompositions

Curvilinear Envelopes

As you can see the red momentum line on the weekly Sigma Band chart continues to stay above its own +4 Sigma level. Notice also that as the S&P 500 Index has reached its +3 Sigma level the red momentum line is simply moving sideways at its own +4 Sigma level. Also, on the daily Sigma Bands the red momentum line continues to stay slightly below the black momentum line, indicating a slight downward bias in the S&P. All these factors combined are indicating a possible Stock Market drop and if the weekly charts are any indication, the Standard & Poor's could drop on the order of 100 points, if not more! Be very careful about going long on any stocks in this Market. Our daily charts for the S&P 500 are at:

---------------------

Note from Doc-

If any of you stoolies want to check out this service, and support the Stool, use this link. Doc is an affiliate and your purchase and use of their service helps support the Stool. It's an expensive service, for sure, but from what I hear from CL and K Wave, well worth it. Tanks!, Doc

Archived