B4 the Bell, Freedomday, Aug. 13, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bullhorning for a top in oil. You can count on the fact that all we're going to hear all weekend is lower oil prices coming soon.

That cracks me up..........................it's as if "we" have a right to cheap oil. And "they" must give it to us or else. Whatabout free market prices for oil? What if oils true value is $150 per barrel?

What if oils true value is $150 per barrel?

then id say it was time to short some ME govts :lol:

Nah,go long ME gubmints!

If there's one thing that Eyerak has shown--be nice to the oil-bearing countries!

A hundred billion in diplomacy instead of bombs would still have the oil price under the $40.Now they've bombed everyone awake to the fact that the stuff is running out,instead of lulling them into a feeling of false security with fake diplomacy! :rolleyes:

Gang of 23 Bets on Lower Yields

As Al Tightens The Screws

Fed Update is now posted! Know what Al and his crew are up to, and how it's likely to affect the markets. Take a subscribatory and download your daily Fed Report.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Perfect timing by King George to float the concept of a consumption tax to replace income taxes.

That's the pitch. But the income tax is written into the constitution now, and they'll keep the vestiges of it on the statute books.

Then the next "emergency" comes along (war, typically), and we repeat the 20th century 'progression':

1913 - income tax for the richest 1%; "working man will never pay"

1943 - withholding instituted to take income tax from workers' paychecks

1960s - even minimum wage teenagers in hamburger stands are taxed

Lie to me

I promise I'll believe

- Sheryl Crow

What we'll get is a flat rate income tax at first at a fairly reasonable rate. Say good by to your deductions. Then a national sales tax. Watch in horror as we get a super wedgie as they slowly slide the flat rate up and up.

Archived