A Scientific Quiz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW:

I just ran all 100 Nastys through OmniTrader using optimized "divergence" technical indicators only

SELLS: 44

BUYS: 22

(QQQ is still on a sell from Dec 3.)

This isn't showing any signs of an imminent reversal (yet).

did a similar test this time using just trending indicators only and a large majority are on SELL signals

So trend is still down with no majority of BUY divergence signals yet so why fight it?

Glad- I know they are Greek letters. What Roman letters do they look like? hmmm??? :blink:

Hmnn . . . it just flashed to mind that BS can also stand for BuySell . . . wonder what the karmic significance of that is . . .

Doc - I was looking at the Fed OMO site today and I have a quick question:

What's the difference between "Agency Collateral Ops" and "Mortgage-Backed Collateral Ops"? I thought it was the "agencies" (FRE and FNM) that issued the MBS?

Actually, Fed does hold a little bit of FRE and FNM's paper. A few days ago, WSJ had an article stated that Fed has about $10 million FRE and FNM paper which it bought in earlier 1990s. A few years ago, when there were a lot of talking of budget surplus and fed might have to buy something other than US treasuries, Fed asked it staffs to study what other paper it could buy. Two years ago, Fed's staff essentially recommended against buying the paper of FRE and FNM. The recommendation is moot now as US government's surplus has turned into big deficit. But it tell you that some people inside the Fed do not like the aggressive mortgage expansion by FNM and FRE.

Hey FXfox, are you a huge monster-style REO Speedwagon fan? Or are you more into, like, Rammstein and those "quest-for-fire" guys?

fokker,

i am not that rocker :lol:

i dont like ramstein. There are only there to satisfy the north american youth nazi underground scene. They sold out rose bowl! I dont like their habbit, there was a huge discussion going on in germany some years ago if they are nazis or not. It seems as they are no nazis, but i dont like it if someone makes money with a nazi attitude.

Nazi-Germany was one of the worst chapters of history of mankind, one shouldnt make fun with it. If americans or others wanna make fun with it, espacially the british (till now many find it funny to say "heil hitler" to a german) than they should be it.

But Germans shouldnt make fun with it, music is fun and entertaiment, if ramstein use a nazi attitude to make money, than i cant accept that.

Context of the discussion about volume is this: it's the week between Christmas and New Year's. You can't conclude anything during this week based on volume. It's ALWAYS light this week. Similar to August. You have to go with other indicators for a few days and forget about volume studies.

I agree with feed that we get a NASTY/JOKES/ASS&PEE bounce next week, if only to relieve the Dover Sole-ness. But, then, stocks just can't seem to make a higher high and, within a few weeks, we're testing the October lows, at least.

Gold: betcha we see a trading range. 330 to 360. You'll want to sell when the bombs start dropping in Iraq. North Korea scares me -- might see a sudden pop toward 400, but, chances are it will be a spike that is untradeable for most.

Dollar: short of the century. Get on board.

I'm watching the Japanese charts closely. Starting to like a couple of indicators here.

SG chimes in on Saturday

Most of y'all getting too lathered up over extremely low volume year end trading days... where the bids dry up and stocks fall easily without much effort....

I coverd my ST Long as posted here earlier in the week for a nice 36 hour profit, and got out.... being concerned the risks were more weighed geopolitically to the downside than anything else.

I posted that also...

That said... Wave 2 has apparently not shown its head... so perhaps Wave 1 is extending further down to my prior cited 24.55 on the Q's... and 975 on NDX to fill gaps.... before starting wave 2....

Would need to see large volume selloff day with intra-day reversal....

In meantime, since I cant get a full read... Im largely in cash, and not trading. Save for holding my DSCM which was up AGAIN on friday nicely.... (I sold 65% of my position at 2.40 on THursday)... and holding as always Prudent Bear Fund

Cheers

Archived