B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

Reviewing posts and emails since my statement earlier today has left me speechless.

You guys are family.

If only we lived on the same block....

Many many thanks.

Thanks Doc for the amazing collection of minds you have brought together.

LLD, just stay here with us. We don't let episodes like earlier today happen here.

Be Safe.

Kick off yer shoes.

We be Family, here.

now family members may disgree, but we respect each other and

(usually) do it nicely. :rolleyes:

So glad you came home.

Sherlock

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ickey I do NOT expect a bounce tomorrow we took out 1084 and will test 1078 the previous low will it hold it might tomorrow cuz we have the Jobs report if the Jobs report is bad as I suspect then we go thru it like a knife thru butter. The carnage is only beginning as all the pigeons are coming home to roost now! The technical damage today was massive! ;)

Reviewing posts and emails since my statement earlier today has left me speechless.

You guys are family.

If only we lived on the same block....

Many many thanks.

Thanks Doc for the amazing collection of minds you have brought together.

LLD -- glad that you are back. Don't let them bring you down. :)

Guest Icky Twerp
Ickey I do NOT expect a bounce tomorrow we took out 1084 and will test 1078 the previous low will it hold it might tomorrow cuz we have the Jobs report if the Jobs report is bad as I suspect then we go thru it like a knife thru butter. The carnage is only beginning as all the pigeons are coming home to roost now! The technical damage today was massive! ;)

Oh, B$, I KNOW your not just trying to make me feel good -- but I DO! I feel all warm and squishy in side...8^0...

I notice that Plunger is not in attendance tonite -- I would enjoy his pre-announcement take on how the jobs number will be tailored -- I think they are running out of viable scenarios...8^0...

B$ -- amazing how you have played this "untradeable" market . . .

SSRI -.50

PCRDX +.23

PSAFX -.02

BEARX +.09

If the FED doesn't raise another .25 I flop into the Yobob camp. . .

and start making last-minute Hypertiger scenario adjustments . . .

there's a bradley turn on the 11th.  back in the faraway Gold Olde Days of 2002 & Early 2003, when the market regularly matched the bradley turns and direction, it 'led' the turn dates by a week or so.  if now were then, i'd say the 1108 print this past monday was the aug 11th turn.  if now were then.

:mellow:

Gosh, folks...

Either y'all have short memories or I'm being faded. :( I posted many times last week that a Bradley turn was due on 7/30-8/2. It arrived on 8/2 and triggered this sell-off. Next turn is 8/11.

If I believe that huge freekin' black candle today on increasing volume then I expect 8/11 to be a short-term low.

If I believe my model and my EW analysis, I look for 8/11 to be a top that bears should pounce on.

Frankly, I'm a bit cornfused here, so I remain 50% short and hope for an 8/11 entry point. B)

Hey Drano,

Check this out!!!

STRA insider sales

The same day that this Director aqcuired his ill gotten 1.8 million shares for a paltry 48 million. He immediately sold for 18 million. A nice profit of 140 million, not bad for a days work, or a years work, or 10 years work.

15-Mar-04 KLINSKY, STEVEN B.

Director 1,855,139 Private Sale at $101.04 per share. $187,443,244

15-Mar-04 KLINSKY, STEVEN B.

Director 1,855,139 Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $26 per share. $48,233,614

Dirty SOB's

and dangit, McCain keeps acting like somebody you'd wanna keep around . . .

him making nice with Bush a month ago upset me terribly, as if he'd made some deal -- they must have already double crossed him. . .

McCain condemns 'dishonest' anti-Kerry ad

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Republican Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, called an ad criticizing John Kerry's military service "dishonest and dishonorable" and urged the White House today to condemn it as well.

The White House declined.

"It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said in an interview with The Associated Press, comparing the anti-Kerry ad to tactics in his bitter Republican primary fight with President Bush.

The 60-second ad features Vietnam veterans who accuse the Democratic presidential nominee of lying about his decorated Vietnam War record and betraying his fellow veterans by later opposing the conflict.

We previously discussed here that McCain could be the last minute back up for Chain-knee - if he was 'dumped'. This statement by McCain re-enforces the message that there will be no serious dump Chain-knee move at the convention.

The Pubs appear to be sticking with Plan A all the way.

As far as the market goes, we are going down more to finish this move. Maybe by the Fed meeting, so they will be free to accelerate their sleath easing while raising rates a little more. Unless they come up with employment numbers near consensus (which I think is way too high), there may not even be any significant rally tommorow.

Archived