B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The server move will be taking place this evening. There should be no interruptions, but if there are do not panic. We'll be back!

I am hoping for a significant performance improvement.

And so is Madame Stool.

The slow response times have been stressful for all of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who let the dogs out?

Hedge hogs better dig in, and fast, before they become a meal.

Great job today B4, also tanks to MH and TE, as well as others for some sharp observations lately.

Still think the unemployment report will come out positive, although I don't see where those 200,000 new jobs figures are going to come from with only so-so retail sales in July.

Will the Fed be in full fledged state of panic before or after the next Fed meeting? Probably full throttle panic by the Fed will not set in until after they see more downside on the market.

post-20-1091744810_thumb.jpg

I plan on attending the Vector Vest mtg. in Pittsburgh later this month. I know Herb and he is an astute individual in regards to the K wave.

Any stoolie who has an interest in meeting up for this PM me.

Frustratingly, the stock market has churned within +/- 5% around its average since January. And now, we are into the summer doldrums. But historically, stocks have surged right after the Presidential elections, no matter who wins. Come to our August 19 meeting to learn how to sharpen your strategies and trading methods to capitalize on that surge and weather the doldrums.

? During the first hour, for newcomers to Vector Vest, Herb Geissler will discuss the basics of how to use the Market Timing Indicator and stock selection Strategies.

At 7 pm, Earl Novendstern will show how to use moving averages of the MTI to pinpoint the bull periods during the past four years and then evaluate the power of Norma?s Doublers strategy.

Herb Geissler will demonstrate how to develop a new strategy from scratch, striving to emulate Jon Markman?s Stock Scouter Top Rated, which showed 47% annual returns and not a single losing year during the twelve years from 1990 through 2001.

Time permitting, attendees will be asked to suggest strategies that they feel would be profitable during the 3 months until our next meeting on November 18. We?ll track these strategies against Norma?s Doublers and the Markman Emulation and, at the next quarterly meeting, report and evaluate the performance.

This next quarterly meeting of the AAII Rational Investing/Vector Vest Users Group starts at 6 pm on Thursday August 19, 2004 in the Auditorium of the Westinghouse Research Center at 1380 Beulah Road. The facility is located off the Churchill exit (10a) of the Parkway East. Off the exit ramp, turn right onto Beulah Road and proceed through the traffic light to the Guard Station. Park in the lot, just beyond the building bridge overpass, and then walk up the staircase to the rear entrance of the 401 building. The Auditorium is near that entrance door.

A map is available at: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=...untry=us&zoom=8

To cover the rental cost of the meeting room and projection equipment, we must collect a nominal $5 meeting fee from all attendees.

For more information on this Rational Investing/VectorVest meeting, please email [email protected] Look forward to seeing you soon at our meeting.

Herb

Schaeffer in his market close letter notes "the ominous put/call ratio" he points outselling calls has been all the rage the last year because it has been popular.and profitable. Now the Jerks who did that are fooked he notes they will have to buy back the calls they sold at a huge loss and then sell their stock to cover their losses which he says will have a snowball effect. Ah-Poor Bully-My heart Bleeds-NOT!

How "BAD" was it today-well it was a freaking massacre- NYSE-new highs 19-new lows-65 up volume 158.75 M-down volume 1 B-199.28M, only one dow stock was up (HPQ) and it was up 6 cents. NutsDuck new highs-17-new lows 128 up volume-109.8 M down volume 544.8M. More to come- "Oh Harry I'm glad you're home-your Broker has called several times." THUD! ;)

Schaeffer in his market close letter notes "the ominous put/call ratio" he points outselling calls has been all the rage the last year because it has been popular.and profitable. Now the Jerks who did that are fooked he notes they will have to buy back the calls they sold at a huge loss and then sell their stock to cover their losses which he says will have a snowball effect. Ah-Poor Bully-My heart Bleeds-NOT!

LOL. :D

Archived