Disgruntled dissembling

Am guessing this run is just about outta gas...Crapple has basically hit 500 target, and NYA exceeded 8K barrier briefly, but is now back below.

NYA thus still in the sweet spot for possible vicious turn back down starting today. The key now will be for bears to reclaim the 200 day on NYA over the next few weeks, and then breach the 900 day again. If the 200 holds on back kiss, or we start to to trade sideways rather than make a beeline back down, then bear could be in real trouble longer term.

INDU did something real similar in late 1973, with a big pop over the 200 day, after holding the 900 day over the summer of 73. Once the pop ran outta gas, it was all over for the next year.

In any event, I think looking at short positions up in this area is not a bad risk for at least the next few weeks and perhaps longer.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INDU did something real similar in late 1973, with a big pop over the 200 day, after holding the 900 day over the summer of 73. Once the pop ran outta gas, it was all over for the next year.

I've been watching this time period as well.

I completely expect the same to happen now as it did from mid 1972 into early 1973. The monthly chart pattern looks identical. An all time occured in early 1973 and went into a 2 year free fall. Expecting a quick decline, then a run to Dow 15,400, then another bear market below the 2009 lows to around 5500-6000

post-8224-132888767707_thumb.jpg

5 up from November 25th done, now 'warning crack', then nu highs.

But, heed Bill Shakes-'Beware the Ides of March'.

Black Sabbath reuniting for tour this year :) : Summer Soundtrack= 'War Pigs', 'Children of

the Grave'. Metallica is opening act, encores with 'Kill 'em All".

That's on the European leg, but rumors hint of a surprise show in Persia.

My 134 and 135 SPY puts fixed themselves on an overall average, mainly due to cheap adds on the 135's yesterday and the day before. That brought my overall cost down and eked a wee profit. Very pleasant morning.

Icing on the cake were TLT calls from yesterday. Nice profit on those.

All in cash with a pleasant warm, happy feeling.

How things change from one day to the next. Very nice!

Archived