since The End is not here to decree

you're welcomed tonight

to "the best damn site

on the web for people like we"!

:grin:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any broker that allows simultaneous Stop AND Limit (Not Stop/Limit)

on same position and if one triggers cancels the other?

Thanks

tradestation, but you have to right the strategy for it. They say they are developing the oco (one cancels other) and oso (one sends other) orders. you may also try interactive brokers-under freelance tools there is a program called bracket trader that claims to do this. (bracket-trader.com)

Let's acknowledge our friend Brian4

Whose advice we sure won't ignore

He gave us the top

So we put in our stop

Then the bullys, we'll surely outscore.

B)

paul_s a new stoolie I see

since The End is not here to decree

you're welcomed tonight

to "the best damn site

on the web for people like we"!

:grin:

Tanks for filling in Tchai. :)

Friday Nite Quickie 4/24/03 In the Friday Nite Quickie edition of your Weak End Anals, Doc updates all the daily charts and Feed. Well, was this the turn or wasn't it?

Then in the Saturday Edition, Doc updates all the long term forecasts for the major averages, the Long Bong Hit, Golden Stool and Uncle Buck. Find out if the Nasgap is still going to zero by 2007.

Doc reviews the data, and chronicles the short, intermediate, and long term market cycles, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the inside picture, all in the Anals tonight.

Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading Beta as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

The Mogambo Guru is on a roll:

Here at home the CPI came out, and we are still in complete denial about inflation. The number was up 0.3% for the month, which when multiplied by twelve comes out to a whopping 3.9%. Of the nine categories of prices listed in the WSJ article about the number, seven were up and two were down, and the strict average increase y/y was 2.3%. In the accompanying table, "all urban consumers" paid prices that were 3% higher than a year ago.

And yet yahoos, whom I suspect can't even spell "economist" but insist on so calling themselves, have all jumped up from playing with their crayons in their little playpens and said how this is so fantastic, and how inflation is so tame, and how this is positively the best news they have ever heard. They blithely strip out that pesky volatile food and energy component, since nobody uses food or energy anymore, and then they dance around the mutilated carcass of the CPI number shouting hosannas.

Wrong. Three percent inflation for last year, plus three percent inflation this year, and three percent inflation next year means that prices will be up at least 9% in three short years.

The perfect quote is from that same 4/17/03 WSJ article, and I quote, "The special 'chained' price index was up just 1.2% from a year earlier, near the bottom of the 1% to 2% range that many Federal Reserve officials consider ideal."

I don't know if any of you caught it-but in squawk box on procto at 9:15 a.m.est-the futures were basically flat to down a bit and they went to Maria big ass on the floor who blithely said we are going to open DOWN today and probably will look lower and soothingly said just a little profit taking. What a crock of BS, she new that the floor was going to melt and was putting a smiley face on what would turn out to be a seminal day. As one of our stoolies avatar says "the mob has more scruples" Trade Safe!

I don't know if any of you caught it-but in squawk box on procto at 9:15 a.m.est-the futures were basically flat to down a bit and they went to Maria big ass on the floor who blithely said we are going to open DOWN today and probably will look lower and soothingly said just a little profit taking. What a crock of BS, she new that the floor was going to melt and was putting a smiley face on what would turn out to be a seminal day. As one of our stoolies avatar says "the mob has more scruples" Trade Safe!

And someone also said the same thing on Crapvision after the market closed- "just a little healthy profit-taking"! I think J6P is gonna be taking profits all the way to s&P 600!

PS- Someone on the Yahoo KOPN blamed the 25+% fall in 2 days on the SARS virus. He claims to own 25K shares and has been averaging down for 2 years now! :blink:

Oops forgot Summoner he's been balls to the walls short too and stayed the course.

B4 - I think you forgot about WH and me. We have been adding another block of puts every day the vix failed to reverse out of its slump. Now it's gone on so far the block is getting a little large for comfort, but the prospect of major kaching! at the end is sustaining us in these difficult times. :P :P

By the way, if you look carefully at the chart below you will see that we did not close this week right on the outer downtrend line. That does leave us the possibility of a flattish or even slightly up week next week, without in any way compromising the bearishness of the longer term picture.

MWH

post-7-1051319639_thumb.png

Archived