Year Of The Clone

My last post on the genuis of Crapvision guest Kevin "tech till I die" Landis.

From his fund site.

"Firsthand Technology Value Fund?"

"The Fund invests primarily in securities of high-technology companies that we

believe are undervalued and have potential for capital appreciation."

"P/E ratio (weighted avg.) 26.77"

Here is the footnote the goes with that P/E ratio.

"Includes only public companies with positive trailing 12-month earnings, comprising 26.7% of the net assets in the portfolio."

http://www.firsthandfunds.com/funds/TVF/#facts

I love it. Proforma P/E's. Just exclude the companies with no P/E's.

Even after doing that, the "tech value" stocks they hold have a P/E of 26.77.

The madness continues.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok we've got a green one today, however there were so many supports broken on the charts from yesterday's red that I'm thinking it's just a weak bounce back up to what is now resistance. Can't see this going anywhere near a rally scenario but of course I'm looking at a different market. The golds have pulled back and I would consider that a healthy sign especially as there's more signs of accumulation than dumping in the intraday action. I ended up holding on the gold call as it seemed there was plenty of buyers on the call side of things so I'll just sit tight on that one....

As promised, my mission in 2003 is to help Stool Pigeons either avoid the short squeezes or participate in them.

Anybody got the guts to play a retailers on the long side?

Thanks for pointing this out. Right after I read you original post I jumped on the sector looking for goodies.

Sector map at: http://www.smartmoney.com/marketmap/ and then I looked in the lower left corner for bright green and then green spots.

I then checked them and their neigbors and other magic techs i use.

my short list of short term, while the jam lasts, plays are:

TGT, COH, WMT, and KSS.

I use, and i know many do not like it, options. I am looking at Jan, just in the money options.

backup list would include GPS, FDO, COST, and JCP

I am tired of fighting the powers to be, and if they want to jam a sector, I will move like a willow tree.

plan: open position, put sell in at reasonable profit level, 1-2 dollars/option.

expected span is no later than end of week.

well that is the plan anyway.

If I can remember back that long ago, Kevin Landis was treated with incredible reverence on TurdVision 3 years ago. He was basically the Jim Jones of the New Mutual Fund Tech Economy. At that time he sounded so confident and I was so green that I thought about getting on the Space ship with him or at least dropping some acid back at his place in Silicon Valley and then having community sex with the 17 year old school girl secretaries that must be doing all the buying and selling over there. For whatever reason, I think I passed on the prospect. I am simply amazed that he is still around. He must be strung way out on barbituates by now. He was the ultimate poster boy for the Tech balloon. How can he still troll for clients on national T.V. with any kind of self respect? People like that should be kept up the road in San Quentin, maximum security wing.

Archived