B4 the Bell Turdsday July 8, 2004

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Market Overview

Thu 10:08am ET

Early recover attempt failed, but action is reasonably orderly

GMTFO, but do it in an orderly fashion please. :blink:

It's always best when it is done slowly -- at least according to an old girlfriend. :lol:

Natural gas storage

we're ahead of last year by 270 BCF, but considering that the Northeastern US has been quite cool for this time of year, and that the spot nat gas price has maintained a high level, this is most unimpressive. Should we get a heat wave of any kind, the PONG (price of nat gas) could explode topside.

Also, check the current storage level vs. the 5 year trend - not impressive. Note that last summer there was quite an acceleration into storage in the summer months, supposedly attributable to the mild summer. This year is even more mild so far, at least from what I can tell, so where's the acceleration of storage? This winter could be a nightmare.

EDIT: oops, just realized the July 8 release hasn't been posted yet. Commentary could change in the event of a large injection, which I don't expect.

SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOME RUN

Patience has paid

Good on ya LLD.

We got a tiger by the tail! :wink2:

MH

I have been very greedy with my purchases over the last few months. :D :D

Got even more greedy and loaded this morning at .5 cents off the low and last night.

After trading silver for over 10 years I feel as if it flows in my veins!

Very happy to hear you are on the same train.

Guest yobob1
UI Weekly Claims

In the week ending July 3, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 310,000, a decrease of 39,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 349,000. The 4-week moving average was 336,000, a decrease of 10,250 from the previous week's revised average of 346,250.

This is prime vacation season. The newly unemployed can't be bothered with filing right now. They are far more concerned with their Disney World reservations.

Yo Bobby- SunCor is fine they had a cost overun on a new project in the tar sands that they were bringing on stream hence their projections for that one project were reduced for the first year. Their BPD for the other projects are at the high end of projections.

NG data for July 8 now posted. The injection was decent (109 BCF) but last year's was about 140 for the same week. We're on a pace to finish the storage season no better than we were last year, which considering how far ahead we were to start the season, would be a helluva shock (see the chart at the bottom of the page I linked above).

Guest yobob1
SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOME RUN

Patience has paid

Good on ya LLD.

We got a tiger by the tail! :wink2:

MH

I have been very greedy with my purchases over the last few months. :D :D

Got even more greedy and loaded this morning at .5 cents off the low and last night.

After trading silver for over 10 years I feel as if it flows in my veins!

Very happy to hear you are on the same train.

I don't trade it, but I own it. Fully loaded the boat at much lower prices ($4.58 avg,). Same with gold at $284 avg.

Waiting patiently for the day when I can say "Sell Mortimer, sell!" Physical silver supply should be getting pretty close to effectively zero in the near future, if it's not there already. My target price is $10,000 per ounce.

Just thought that the stock analcysts shouldn't be the only ones with ludicrous targets. :lol:

UI Weekly Claims

In the week ending July 3, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 310,000, a decrease of 39,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 349,000. The 4-week moving average was 336,000, a decrease of 10,250 from the previous week's revised average of 346,250.

This is prime vacation season. The newly unemployed can't be bothered with filing right now. They are far more concerned with their Disney World reservations.

I was actually wondering if the weather could be blamed for poor retail numbers, why should the same reasoning not be used for claims? ;)

UI Weekly Claims

yobob1,

It appears that this weeks UI claims may have a "seasonal distortion" due to the timing of summer auto plant shutdowns, FWIW.

Just proves the numbers can be whatever "they" want it to be!

Archived