B4 The Bell, Thursday May 13

Brian, you want spam? I'll see you and raise you this:

I find it worrisome that somehow a spammer has managed to connect my email address with my actual post office box address. Think they're getting desperate for re-fi's? (Slightly edited for privacy reasons):

"Dear Drano,

I have been waiting my entire career to put together this incredible lending package for Mn property owners. The day has finally come, and I needed to let you in on it.

The DRANO property at Po Box xxxx, Minneapolis, Mn, can qualify for a Zero Out of Pocket, with points from 3.35% - 6.04%. Here is the key...you don't need a perfect fico score to qualify.

Figure this... If you take 30 seconds to fill out our simple form, we can potentially Save Hundreds and Thousands in overpaid interest."

I can even re-fi my P.O. Box! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drano,

You Kill me. You've been MIA. Glad you returned -- missed you. By the way, where is Chiefy Wiefy.

Thanks, CA.

I thought Chiefy posted somewhere recently. Lots of us still MIA -- where's Charliss, and Piledriver, and Merciless, and a whole lot of others? Like Doc said, sadly most of the bears are going to miss their vindication.

Drano,

FYI

"The Effing Flaming Hearts"

Effingham Flaming Hearts (IL) -- This nickname was coined many years ago. The name was derived because Effingham is geographically in the "Heartland of America." The "Flaming" part was added to give the nickname more flair.

:)

Drano,

You Kill me.  You've been MIA.  Glad you returned -- missed you.  By the way, where is Chiefy Wiefy.

Thanks, CA.

I thought Chiefy posted somewhere recently. Lots of us still MIA -- where's Charliss, and Piledriver, and Merciless, and a whole lot of others? Like Doc said, sadly most of the bears are going to miss their vindication.

Charliss and PileDriver -- would love to see them back also.

Guys- Chiefy is here everyday-Confused yes I expect a rally in trearsuries where else will $ go When the markets implode which in my opinion is iminent. Re Gold I am buying NEM and GG with both hands. ;)

B4,

Everybody on the same side of the boat kinda worried me re: rising int rates on treas -- too much to lose by the matrix -- I won't play the short term -- can hardly keep up with the primary trend -- trying to learn some trading from you guys -- still over my head at this point -- love this site though.

Nikkei just took a nosedive

Humm . . . Global meltdown perhaps? Better run the printing press all night. The PPT is going to need all the cash they can get their hands on.

This little chart continues it's slow decent. Think I'll go take a nap.

When Ameritrade took over Datek they replaced a working system with a system that is no more than a toy. The software and servers are either junk or there is deliberate manipulation. Thats what I think. When their system broke this AM I was trying to place well thought out stops which would have saved me lots of money. Instead I had to wait on hold to get stops in place and the clerk put in limit orders instead of stop market orders. I got damaged. My new broker is working and is much faster than Ameritrade - and my fills so far have been within pennies without one order error.

So today I began withdrawing my funds from Ameritrade and will be closing that account very soon. It's just a toy, slow, inacurate, and much worse than when Datek was the broker IMO.

Depends:

If it was "Just a toy" - it would be as screwed up during up volume days as it is when the market is under pressure. My sense of it is that they have some boys who are trading the house account on their behalf, and the benefits to supporting all of the long positions by all of their clients and house account traders are so overwhelming that they simply put the web site into a very calculated slowdown, which serve to eleviate just enough sell side pressure in the markets to enable reversals.

Just imagine what it must look like at Matrix Central on major selloff days like today with sell orders outpacing buy orders by 4 to 1. Then imagine what it looks like when you take the Ameritrade site down to a crawl, and 10 to 20% of all the sell orders in the market just disappear. Takes the presssure off and everybody asssumes a change of trend is imminent, when in fact, it's just Ameritrade locking out their sellers again.

It's not as if everybody doesn't know the rules of this game...it's been played a lot by this point. It's like a green light to buy stocks, the ultimate result of which is to financially harm bears who shorted and obvious trend - only to be reversed upon by removing a significant portion of the sellers from the ability to implement orders. Perfect material for a class action law suit. Blatant manipulation with intent to harm.

Very simple really.

Archived