B4 The Bell, Thursday May 13

The brokerage I signed up with is in Sarasota - an hours drive from where I live. That way - if there is a problem I can go to their office. I don't even know where Ameriturd is. I have already met some of the principals of the new firm on two occasions. They answered my questions about their hardware and their software is much faster - being direct - than the html software. Bigger is not always better.

What also messed me up was that I had some good long picks ready to go and I not only had to suffer the losses due to their failures, but I couldn't execute my hedge strategy which would have put me in a neutral position and still holding open issues.

Plunger has done a great job on this issue.

Rant off.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, Golf day. Well, I was not correct but, also not wrong yet. I still say a short at a higher number is out there. I covered pretty close to the lows and am looking to re-enter near 1110-1120. We shall see.

Stained - my question on this is the length of this 3. I would expect it to be longer if it is a 3. Maybe it is part of a more complex 3 that is subdividing.

It is of a smaller degree first wave of the big C or 3, IMHO. My target is 1029 + - 1%.

I thought I had seen it all in Spam as I reported the other day you can get $18K for willing your body to science now but they won't take Stoolies as they claim Stoolies sold their blood long ago and replaced it with Lager plus their Kidneys are pickled. Tonite comes an offer that says sign up with our shopping website and we will send you a cheque for 5 bucks- Geez me and the wife can have a small coke and a happy meal-further proof we are Doomed-but I understand it has started a stampede in west Virginia! ;)

Dollar is curling up, setting up the potential of a TASR-style Boner.

Got a feeling that too many Black Box Gamers are still short the dollar, and there is going to be a huge short covering blowoff........

Reading about Depends' misadventures with Ameritrade.

Two plausible explanations, in my opinion, are the ones he offers: deliberate manipulation or the company is using junk equipment.

Suppose for the sake of argument that the first hypothesis is true and company is acting as a Matrix agent to lock the doors whenever the indices start falling fast.

Then we're close to the point that we can't be in the market at all because the Matrix intends to lock all the doors, not just one particular on-line brokerage.

Just thinking out loud here. It goes without saying that I could be completely out to lunch.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

When the matrix is ready to turn the market, they connect all the computer together.

Then just transfer the shares between them. They can move any stock any way they want.

This takes a lot of hourse power. They also block actual internet bandwidth. The markets job is to take the most amount of money in the shortest time. And they do a great job.

The market is the law and can do what ever they want.

The only thing we can do is ride the wave.

From what I have seen Ameritrade, Scottrade and Schwab will all slow down when they are turning. You can actually see the market STOP and than the market start moving up.

I thought I had seen it all in Spam as I reported the other day you can get $18K for willing your body to science now but they won't take Stoolies as they claim Stoolies sold their blood long ago and replaced it with Lager plus their Kidneys are pickled.  Tonite comes an offer that says sign up with our shopping website and we will send you a cheque for 5 bucks- Geez me and the wife can have a small coke and a happy meal-further proof we are Doomed-but I understand it has started a stampede in west Virginia! ;)

Yup....sounds bout right!

Here's one ta chew on

The owner of a golf course in Tennessee was confused about paying an

invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.

He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from the Univ. of Tennessee and I need some help. If I were to give you $20,000, minus

14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, then replied, "Everything but my

earrings."

You gotta love those Tennessee women. :D

Foreign central banks sell some U.S. debt - Fed

"...though the amount was trivial compared to the massive size of their holdings."

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Japan stepped out of the market on March 31. It's my guess that one or both Chinas are involuntarily picking up dollars faster than they can dospose of them, which created some central bank accumululation in April. Could also be one of those OPEC countries that didn't yet convert them to Euros.

There is no magic level where Japan may actually sell dollars and buy back yen, but 115 comes to mind about a place they would start.

Not that I predicted it, but if the dollar rises from here the bond market will continue to drop with hardly any rally. This is one case where a trend in one market may effect another. The daily escalation of energy prices must also influence the expected returns of bond buyers.

I don't understand how treasuries keep falling if we crash. expect to see much lower yields

Looking back to 1987, the bonds recovered only after the stock market dropped significantly. The bond market had also taken quite a hit in the six months prior to the bond rally. The bond selloffs in 1987 and 1994 were actually greater per cent wise than in 2004, so by no means we are yet extremely Dover Sole.

Doc's warnings are valid. Is someone in the bond market going to blow up soon? Looks more likely every day this bond bear trend continues.

Archived