Before and After....

damn it, how can i direct link BigCharts? In the past this was possible, doesnt it work anymore? Please help. Thanks!

should work. in IE you can click the right mouse button on the chart image, in the window that pops up select the URL next to "Address" and copy it. then when posting click "IMG" and paste the URL into the window that pops up.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
damn it, how can i direct link BigCharts? In the past this was possible, doesnt it work anymore? Please help. Thanks!

should work. in IE you can click the right mouse button on the chart image, in the window that pops up select the URL next to "Address" and copy it. then when posting click "IMG" and paste the URL into the window that pops up.

tanks very much BeerMarket! It worked. I added the chart below my original BUD post.

Click here

tanks very much BeerMarket! It worked. I added the chart below my original BUD post.

I see the talk of Dover Sole indicators, and I want to say this again...

At major turning points, those indicators are nearly useless for trading purposes, until the major thrust wave is done..

March/April of 2003 was a classic example of this..nearly every day, the bears were commenting on how extremely overbought all the indicators were..I commented repeatedly at the time, that this was a sign of immense strength, a sign that the cyclical bull had begun...most did not listen..

The cyclical bull has now run it's course with all retracement targets achieved, and the immmense downside momo that is building here, is most lileky a sign that the cyclical bull is finished and that the secular bear is ready to resume full force..

As many of you know, I have long held the belief that the market would not resume the bear until the Real Estate sector cracked...we are now on the cusp of what I feel will be a MELTDOWN in the RE/housing sector..

Watch the REIT index over the next few weeks for confirmation, as it will lead the way down..the weekly chart is about as scary lookin' as I have ever seen weekly charts look..reminds me a lot of the internet index right before the massive implosion in 2000..

Wave 3 looks to have begun and it should be huge and relentless in it's downside force, once the wave 1 low is taken out, which could very well happen next week..

I expect some sort of bounce/sideways off of 10375-10400 area in the Dow, once that is taken out...LOB

post-147-1111860028_thumb.jpg

IBD Added #1 March 24

ASR,CBG,CHTT,CMC,CRAI,FINL,GIL,HCSG,HOV,ISSC,KND,MGG

MHS,PHM,RIO,RTSX,TNP,TOL

IBD added #2 March 24

UNH

IBD dropped #1 March 24

ANGO,ATLS,BR,CEDC,CKFR,CTMI,HDB,KNX,NFX,SRDX,SSL,STO

TOPT,TRMD,UHCO,WLL,XOM,XPRSA

IBD dropped #2 March 24

ZQK

IBD bullets #1 March 14

ADM,ANSS,BMHC,BZH,CVH,ESI,GOOG,HUBG,INFY,KBH,KSWS

LFL,MRVL,NNI,NVR,NX,OMM,PNRA

IBD bullets #2 March24

PSYS,RYL,SIE,SNHY,SPF,TRI,TSRA,UNT,USNA,VLO,VMSI

All IBD are Canslim.net leaders excecpt GIL

Momo #1 March 24

ANTP,AXYS,BASI,CETV,CFCI,CMTL,CNR,CTHR,DNR,FTG,GAP

HANS,KMRT,MAHI,MVCO,PDC,PRZ,RIO

Momo #2 March 24

RMCF,SNHY,SVNX,UFPT,USEG

Canslim Momo March 24

CMTL,CTHR,HANS,RIO,RMCF,SNHY

as much as i am bearish US equities in the medium/long term, this is NOT the time to be selling/shorting. the leading index (nasdaq composite) is fast approaching its 'primary uptrend' which is also converging with the 50% retracement fibo from current bull wave. Every fund manager in the world sees this as an ideal entry point to go long, and the perfect exit point for shorts to cover. risk/reward here definately favours longs. If the primary uptrend were to break (with a retest failure), then this would be a strong sell signal, but untill that happens the current pullback should be viewed as a swing low.

post-2165-1111862617_thumb.jpg

post-2165-1111862637_thumb.jpg

as much as i am bearish US equities in the medium/long term, this is NOT the time to be selling/shorting. the leading index (nasdaq composite) is fast approaching its 'primary uptrend' which is also converging with the 50% retracement fibo from current bull wave. Every fund manager in the world sees this as an ideal entry point to go long, and the perfect exit point for shorts to cover. risk/reward here definately favours longs. If the primary uptrend were to break (with a retest failure), then this would be a strong sell signal, but untill that happens the current pullback should be viewed as a swing low.

Agreed, lookin' for a bounce in this area, which I believe will not last long, and then over the edge we go...

As many of you know, I have long held the belief that the market would not resume the bear until the Real Estate sector cracked...we are now on the cusp of what I feel will be a MELTDOWN in the RE/housing sector..

Watch the REIT index over the next few weeks for confirmation, as it will lead the way down..the weekly chart is about as scary lookin' as I have ever seen weekly charts look..reminds me a lot of the internet index right before the massive implosion in 2000..

Wave 3 looks to have begun and it should be huge and relentless in it's downside force, once the wave 1 low is taken out, which could very well happen next week..

I expect some sort of bounce/sideways off of 10375-10400 area in the Dow, once that is taken out...LOB

Couldn't agree more K. Even if I were bullish the HGX it's not hard to imagine at the very least a decline to the point of breakout. I'm trading this expectation and will re-evaluate then what/if any to cover for the trade. I appreciate your forest from the trees approach in analysis.

post-1798-1111863721_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen:

Real estate continues to smoke here in SoCal with buyers running too and fro. Representing buyers on a new and very nice 2bd/2.5bth townhouse. 2,650SF for $1,395,000. At that price they ought to buy two. 

Not all of SoCal. A little sanity has come into the San Diego market.

San Diego County Housing Prices Slip Again

"The overall median price for February 2005 dropped $6,000 from January to $472,000, a number not seen since July. It was the second month in a row to see a decline...

broker Jim Abbot attributed the trend to apartment developers feeling the end is near for the current housing boom and choosing to convert sooner rather than later.

"I don't think there's any question that the tempo of this market has slowed and sellers who are successful in it recognized it early," he said. "They're responding to a lack of offers on their properties and lowering the prices."

He said he counsels sellers to lower prices 5 to 12 percent after six weeks on the market...

As for sales, San Diego County also registered the biggest decline in closed transactions among Southern California counties, down 12.4 percent to 3,442 sales...

Earlier this week, UCLA's Anderson Forecast issued an economic report for California in which a real estate downturn figured prominently in the prediction of a recession in the not-too-distant future.

"Price appreciation is already slowing after a record run-up in prices over the last three years," wrote senior economist Christopher Thornberg...

Market conditions vary widely from neighborhood to neighborhood, and Poway stood out in February as one of the few places where single-family resale houses were selling for a lower median than a year ago. The median price of $570,000 was down 6.4 percent from $609,750 in February 2004.

The Kensington, Normal Heights and University Heights area, which makes up the 92116 ZIP code in San Diego just east of state Route 163 and south of Interstate 8, was another popular area that saw a year-over-year decline last month, down 2.5 percent to $494,500."

The average/median price FUR a home in Seattle is now 346k and RISING.

What lunacy.

The "average" home here, by E Coast stds leaves much to be desired - small, drab, non-descript, jammed up against another residence, postage stamp-sized yards, if that. The new McMansion neighborhoods on the Eastside have a cookie-cutter appearance, and many have in this, of all places, no or few trees.

Many have spectacular views, though. Hard to avoid that in these heer partz. Even on the "wrong" side of the RR trax.

HRFF is a country lad...

In which Mr TwoScrewsLoose, thinking hisself "cagey as an old raccoon" and that he can ASS such (ahem!), tell HRFF a thing or two about the markets and investments, tries to teach BARE "the ropes" when things go, quite suddenly, well, terribly....."HAYWIRE":

post-4-1111865999_thumb.jpg

HRFF demands more respect from Capitalstool members

mroldfart2.jpg

source: http://members.freeuk.com/4-10/mroldfart2.jpg

BARE hASS yet to reach that rarified state (butt he's wurkin' on it)

Igor!!!

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter?

Do you believe this biznez in which Mr TwoScrews alleges he hASS the SAME birthday ass your mASS(_)_)ter, Igor?

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter.

That's simply APALLING, Igor!

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter!

Stop being insolent, Igor! You're mASSter is SHOCKED at your response!!! SHOCKED!!!

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter.

Why, your mASSter is almost SPEECHLESS at your IMPUDENCE, Igor!

This means you believe HRFF and TwoScrews HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON, doesn't it, Igor?

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter!!!

Igor, you have, yet again, conFURmed that you are a simpering, imbecilic TWIT.

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter....

An UDDER DISGRACE to your kind everywhere!!!

In fact, Igor, FUR being in league with TwoScrews, you may even now be labelled a........TURD.

Yetttthhhh, mASS(_)_)ter

This stock trades its entire float in less than 4 days. SIR is just 2+. The figure is from Mar-8 - who knows how many have covered or piled on more by now. Could well have another monster leg up like TZOO did - after its first climax run...You dont want to be short in the final days and beware of sudden blow-off moves.

MSO fits right in there  ;)

Rumor has it that her corporate insiders advised her to sell her stock at the top, right before she left prison. :D

Actually, in prison, she probably learned how insiders really do it, and has loaned most of her holdings out to the shorts at recent levels, and sold puts on the rest.

Archived