IBM Emancipates 8000 Wage Slaves

wndysrf,

It looks like The Wall Street Journal is emulating your "Mark To Market" observations, front page story today in A section about Asian Exotica and the lengths these young ladies will go to to slim down! :D

Headline from WSJ

FOR ASIAN WOMEN, WEIGHT-LOSS RULE #1 IS SKIP GYM

They Shun Hard-Body Look, Preferring Pills, Teas, Gels; Shocking New Treatment

On another note, ISI's weekly Hedge Fund survey shows that their universe is now at the highest level of net long exposure since the survey started in June 2002.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we now where job recovery is coming from....see all the retail stores beating same store comps. Sounds like a great career working at Home Depot or Walmart. I was in mainland China and was surprised to see a Walmart in Shekou. Outside looked just like Walmart here, but products inside were not the same as sold to U.S. consumers. What I couldn't figure out was why electronics were almost the same price in China as the U.S. even though mostly all of it was made in China.

The top is near when all the anal cyst start upgrading YHOO on what appears to me a miss for next quarter when you subtract out OVER's contribution to earnings....what a joke....

what a freaking joke, bubble II is bigger than bubble I, //// as an aside this gap up was easy to see coming ( of course I did nothing about what I saw) very qiet sideways to down yd after 5 up days set the stage. We are cclose to the end of this maddness.

they control the airwaves, and the propaganda is going full force. In all the news snippets about unemployment claims I did not see anyone mention last weeks revision. The yhoo earnings are a joke, but not one mention of the massive write offs or option expense, let alone the fact the pos is trading north of 20 times sales. IS it any wonder insiders are bailing like there is no tommorrow.

gold and silver getting bitch slapped..at least I was right on that one. Taking a hit on SPX and YHOO at the open, I feel a reversal today if volume doesn't come in. The YHOO and employment numbers are polished turds waiting to be flushed. Maybe after the GameBoys have broken fib resistance the BIG boyz will come to play.

Still prepared to bail if it gets too out of hand. The only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that there is nothing but...

below.

crooked...just got, thanks!!

Can someone tell me what this means please...

We want to remind you that there is a 10/16/2003 deadline to participate

in the PEOPLESOFT INC tender offer. If you wish to tender your shares,

please contact a Brokerage representative no later than 2:00pm EST on

10/16/2003.

If you have already tendered your shares or are not interested in the

offer, please disregard this reminder.

they control the airwaves, and the propaganda is going full force. In all the news snippets about unemployment claims I did not see anyone mention last weeks revision. The yhoo earnings are a joke, but not one mention of the massive write offs or option expense, let alone the fact the pos is trading north of 20 times sales. IS it any wonder insiders are bailing like there is no tommorrow.

Now you learned the secret of power...................

Control the propaganda.....................Period The End...................

Gap and crap??? Broadening Top forming ... just needed that higher high.

Yen still below 109....

Gold down 4.3

Treasuries up to 4.31

shmells like a liquidity problem to me... something big and stinky this way cometh

Bart - Hedges started unwinding shorts after the AMAT reaction (very similar to todays YHOO reaction) a few months back. Low VIX and P/C and CBOE stats show a continuing decline in shortside positions. But those that are left could certainly boost this sucker...

Snow repeats Bush administration 'strong dollar' mantra by Corbett B. Daly

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- Treasury Secretary John Snow said the Bush administration had not abandoned its so-called "strong dollar" policy. "We are for a strong dollar and we are for the value of currencies being set in open currency markets," Snow said in an interview with WBIX radio in Boston, where he is meeting with mutual fund executives. "We are not departing one iota from our strong dollar policy," he said. President Bush's chief spokesman on the economy said it was "heartening news" that the Labor Department said the number of Americans seeking state unemployment benefits has fallen to an eight-month low. The seasonally adjusted four-week average of initial claims sank by 11,500 to 393,500 in the week ending Oct. 4, the lowest since early February, the Labor Department said.

Archived