World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Tunnel tactics

I have lived in the heart of the Rustbelt for 35 years. The recession started here 45 years ago in 1973. It ended here last year, by my transcendental measures. Just saying.

And no, that has nothing to do with the markets. Again, just saying.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Employee report ramp on Friday all gone.

Ah yes, the pre opening rocket launch. I sat here and watched it and could hardly believe it. So absurdly brazen. I mean the market was dead flat all night and that hardly every happens. Everyone with half a brain knew it was going to be a good number and yet they still managed to convince everyone it was a surprise. 

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”

Archived