Turdsday Special

Goldman Sachs Chief Economist just said:

I don't agree with Alan Greenspan. He felt he had to raise rates because he said he would, but I wouldn't have. They are predicting 5% growth, but I don't see it. Raising rates in this environment is not a great idea"

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HGX trying to come back from brink? Maybe they'll profit from rebuilding after FL storms.

I can't believe the two Florida storms are named "Bonnie" and "Charlie."

You know, like "Bonny Prince Charlie" -- Robert the Bruce would appreciate that.

HUI up on the backs of the SA miners

Rand made a nice move down today, but I am not convinced yet.

if this is a break down on the rand the SA miners will lead the way

I will sit out a bit longer and be late to the party ( if there is a party)

Thanks for the input. I jumped on Droopy yesterday. It is getting a bounce this AM.

Death to the Rand!

HGX trying to come back from brink? Maybe they'll profit from rebuilding after FL storms.

I can't believe the two Florida storms are named "Bonnie" and "Charlie."

You know, like "Bonny Prince Charlie" -- Robert the Bruce would appreciate that.

yep Bonnie Charlie led us to destruction at Culloden in 1746 against the government forces . Tucked his tail between his legs and bolted leaving carnage behind, very apt name!!

Upside is Scots were spread across the world and is a major reason why I am treated so well here in Canuck Land.

Lesson learned: swords against rifles is not a good idea!!

RTB

Not a good day to have my local server go down up here in Gods country. Had to tap into long distance sever costing me an arm and a leg.

I believe the days profits will make these unexpected costs negligible!

kind of scares me however for the day that comes when the internet will not be accessible by anyone. Thank goodness for the good old phone and preferred service from the firm I deal with.

I see they be a jammin again already. Got the feeling today will be a big failure. Yesterdays action was beyond bizarre.

A review of the national newspapers applause for the gladiators decision to raise rates is the biggest disconnect in the history of the media. Couldn't find a critical article anywhere. They treat Al as though he is the second coming.

We shall see...

Archived