Bear Pole Dance

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interactive Borkers - I'm planning to switch execution to them, for the low low fees, & to have a play with their API.

If anyone has any negatives to express, pls let me know. Maybe PM the extra explicit ones.

Also, their charting appears to be a bit primitive. Anyone agree?

IB offers the lowest commissions and the best executions in the business with the most sophisticated, lightning fast platform. They really don't offer charts. They expect their customers to have their own chart services like eSignal. You can also plug QuoteTracker into their quotes and use that as your alert system. Not sure if it will execute trades automatically, but I suspect it will. Pretty sure it will with eSignal. eSignal is not free however.

I dunno by golly some these quality common stock issues look dang temptin' here

now that RE has bottomed, "housing wealth" can be put back to work in the stock market

excess income from all the new high-paying stimulus jobs will add fuel to the fire

we might just get a rip-roarin' rally to fresh new all-time, lifetime highs

everyone's 401k will be restored

banking crisis is over

all state budgets are balanced

am i the only one to notice a kindler gentler cheerful caring and sharing attitude amongst their fellowman lately?

BWAHHAHARDYHEEHEEHO

LIGHTS OUT! :ninja:

BUMRUSH THE STEWED PRUNES!

Monopoly man screwed Chrysler out of 3 Billion

"Chrysler LLC creditors sued Daimler AG, seeking to recover “billions” of dollars they say Daimler stripped of Chrysler’s assets in 2007, just before a sale to Cerberus Capital Management LP. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aW_PLoCgMbKU

hugo_2_bg_h0385694.jpg

They wouldn't do something like that would they? :lol:

guess them QQQQQQQQQ Aug 40 madbull callz I sold won't be workin' out that well fer them folk what drank the KoolAid

same with them Crapple Aug 170 sucker callz

now if we can just pound Big Blew back below 115 there'll be an extra big tip fer the gals this weekend

My thoughts precisely.

The only way to both control costs and have universal comprehensive coverage is a single-payer system — a nonprofit, single-payer system. Nothing else will work. All other advanced countries have some form of a single-payer system, and they pay less than half as much per person as we do. We should be asking, why is that so? It’s not because we provide more basic services. We do provide more tests and procedures for those who can pay, but not more basic services — and we don’t cover everybody. So why is it so? We are the only advanced country that delivers health care in a system that’s set up to generate profits, not to provide care.

Q.

If a single-payer system isn’t feasible politically, aren’t the current proposals at least better than doing nothing? Isn’t half an aspirin better than none?

A.

I think not. As costs continue to soar, people will not say, “That didn’t work. Let’s try a single-payer system.” Instead, they’ll try to pay for the costs in piecemeal ways, by increasing co-pays and deductibles, by limiting services, by making the system less equitable and less comprehensive. I’m afraid the lesson they’ll draw is that universal care is impossible.

But I’m not convinced that getting a single-payer system now is politically infeasible. The public would be happy with Medicare for all. Polls have shown that the public loves Medicare. The problem isn’t the public. It’s Congress, which caves in to special interests.

The current proposals will not solve the problem. They will only increase costs. I firmly believe that the only solution to this mess is a government run single payer system, and it's the one solution that has zero chance of passage.

At my stage in life, being unable to obtain adequate health insurance because of a phony "pre-existing condition" exclusion, I have to seriously consider the option of changing my permanent domicile to Canada. What a disgrace. What a goddam shame. The politics of the US infuriate me. Our government is owned lock, stock and barrel by the corporate lobbies, in particular the health care lobbies. They also own the media with the billions they spend on advertising. It's disgusting and depressing beyond words. I never cease to be amazed by the blind stupidity of the majority of American people who willfully allow this crap to continue.

I guess my only satisfaction will be living to see the degradation, decay, destruction, and breakdown of American society. I guess I'm in Prechter's camp that way. But being able to say "I told you so" is no consolation when I think of the children.

The whole thing just breaks my heart.

My thoughts precisely.

The current proposals will not solve the problem. They will only increase costs. I firmly believe that the only solution to this mess is a government run single payer system, and it's the one solution that has zero chance of passage.

At my stage in life, being unable to obtain adequate health insurance because of a phony "pre-existing condition" exclusion, I have to seriously consider the option of changing my permanent domicile to Canada. What a disgrace. What a goddam shame. The politics of the US infuriate me. Our government is owned lock, stock and barrel by the corporate lobbies, in particular the health care lobbies. They also own the media with the billions they spend on advertising. It's disgusting and depressing beyond words. I never cease to be amazed by the blind stupidity of the majority of American people who willfully allow this crap to continue.

I guess my only satisfaction will be living to see the degradation, decay, destruction, and breakdown of American society. I guess I'm in Prechter's camp that way. But being able to say "I told you so" is no consolation when I think of the children.

The whole thing just breaks my heart.

Well, if we can just get some campaign finance reform going, such that the public starts paying for Congressional campaigns, instead of corporate special interests paying for them, then the public can start making the rules. Golden Rule: He who supplies the gold (i.e. pays for the campaigns) makes the rules. Very simple. If single payer health care doesn't pass, how can the public, which would indeed love to have Medicare for everyone, not want to start making the rules?

Campaign Finance Reform is an absolute non starter Cap. I know it's your favorite stalking horse, but you are absolutely wasting your time. First, it will never pass in any meaningful form. Second, if it did, the Supremes will strike it down.

We, with our little blogs and message boards can scream and yell and shake our fists at the sky, but in the end, there's nothing we can do to change a god damned thing. They know that. That's why the tolerate us. They could care less. Money talks. The rest of us eat the bullshit that's the byproduct.

There's only one escape from this situation, and in the end we will all use it regardless of whether we want to or not.

calling health care "health insurance" is a total misnomer that we should remove from the debate vocabulary.

Insurance pays you money when an event happens. Example: your car is stolen and the insurance company cuts you a check for the value of the vehicle. All of the regular vehicle events (routine maintenance, major maintenance, emergency repairs) are your own liability.

Health care is the only thing that became "someone else's" cost to pay for, either private plans provided by an employer, or public plans provided by the government. Government costs are picked up by the taxpayer or perhaps by Chinese US Debt buyers. There is no mandate for the receivers of that kind of care to maintain their own health or lose the benefit. They can continue to do whatever they want. If you blow your liver out drinking or damage your heart with cocaine, the treatment and transplant is paid for by said taxpayers.

So far in the current health care overhaul I have yet to see even basic things being discussed like personal responsibility for one's health. Nothing in the "plan" makes much sense in fact, which is why it should fail. Even some of the experts are saying the current plan is BS and we should go back to the drawing board.

Unfortunately the entire thing is so political, and so emotionally charged that we'll never get the proper plan that we need, unless a volcano or meteor takes out Washington DC and all the politicians and lobbyists with it.

Archived