Weak-end thread June 10-13th.

Sun- the Bank of Nova Scotia is good because you can also buy Gold and Silver thru them and store it there for a nominal fee. Deposit insurance is the same as the U.S.-look into tigers when you are up here-they are strip bonds with a handsome yield even more so when bought with U.S. $'s.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunter-Please name an incumbent that is NOT safe-like 98% are re-elected

Optical

Can't. Colossal deceptions employed in both houses to record votes....

ie. double negatives as Kissinger used for a positive.

id say this USD rally will provide a decent chance to move some cash into foreign currencies and perhaps foreign sovereigns. 

if the US took means necessary to stop the financial bleeding, it would be social havoc and tax increases that would freeze the economy.  no stomach to cut spending or address serious LT problems.  that lump under the rug is getting hard to walk around.

What nations currencies are you looking at.

canada, australia and EU, perhaps NZ.

ive just started, but i cant see holding all cash in USD.... resource demand should continue to rise over LT and Aus and Canada have resources. ill probably spread it around, and include gold and silver. that would be seven different pockets including USD. for some reason, im not too partial to the Yen, but i have no quantitative reasoning.

listening to Roger Arnold, he's saying his deflation scenario may have been wrong.

Sun- the Bank of Nova Scotia is good because you can also buy Gold and Silver thru them and store it there for a nominal fee. Deposit insurance is the same as the U.S.-look into tigers when you are up here-they are strip bonds with a handsome yield even more so when bought with U.S. $'s.

Thanks for the input.

Love Nova Scotia. Went to dance and hear Buddy McMaster play. Cape Breton is beautiful. Lots of great people, too.

post-1-1087160930.gif

Rates are actually breaking out after 40 years of downward movement...

I show a 25 and a 50 basis point rise on the above chart...

A rate above 2.5% would blow right off the chart...

It's possible if it were engineered right to get rates to new lows but a Federal funds rate at .25% would destroy the recovery psychology...and mortgage rates would also have to drop to at least 4.5 to 4%...which would be 2.5 to 2% yield on the 10 year Treasury...

Basically to keep the game going rates need to plunge drasticly or everything else will...

And of course record volume of consumer debt consumption is needed or the low rates cannot be supported...

More...For those about to die...I salute you...

PB Try to get in at first support of euro at 117.6, but start slowly. Be sure it is going to bounce there and hold. If not , could be a long way up for the dollar. Sterling and Kiwi have the highest interest rates and show no sign of cutting back; Canada has the best trade balance; euro countries showing deficits same as here, but trade balance vbetter. Russell says to stick with yen , euro and dollar until direction is clear - there is much debate around unwinding or not of carry trade - and that will affect dollar value for a while. be careful. currency trading is treacherous , even if, like me you are doing long-term trades.

Greenspan to Reassure Congress on Economy

By Tim Ahmann | June 13, 2004

Greenspan goes before the Senate Banking Committee on Tuesday as it considers the 78-year-old central banker's nomination for a fifth, and final, term at the Fed's helm.

"The market is not going to respond favorably and you're not going to help the situation if the market comes to believe that we are moving too slowly and we're letting the situation get out of control," Poole told Reuters.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/20...ess_on_economy/

does homeowner's cover meteorite damage?? :o

Dont worry about homeowners - you can sell a meteorite for enough

to fix the hole in the roof.

I can see it now:

"Hey Ralph, come look at this insurance claim! This doofus says he has a hole in his roof from a meteorite."

"Yeah, right....he knocked a hole in it himself so we'd pay for a new roof. Deny it!"

(sounds of mocking laughter)

Saw it on TV news last night. Yes it does have to be authenticated as a meteorite and if so, is prol worth around $10k, guess that's NZ $$.. Relatively minor damage to the roof by the looks...

Butters that is not true you can open an account with a Canadian Bank regardless of where your domicile is however you can make it easier open a Canadian $ account with the bank of Nova Scotia in NYC and presto you have access in Canada thru any branch or ATM same applies to any Canadian bank as they all have branches in the U.S. avoid the Royal bank they are still involved in a major software crash and the regulators are all over them like white on rice. Same applies in the U.S. I have an account with an American bank in Blaine Wash no questions asked other than my address and social security number. ;)

Archived