The Russian Revolution

describe what you see. Please. :)

Ok, I will get data gather later tomorrow or something. We have a 3 day weekend to get ready for options games.

Please check the short interest etc. on DNA.

Hopefully LW is interested in the biotech news and will elaborate sometime this weekend as well for another piece of the puzzle.

Something doesn't feel right but that just means the cover would be tight etc..

Hopefully it dives tuesday but I would like to be prepared for shennanigans I might not be expecting or paying attention to......like biotechs news that I would have sold STEM immediately afterwards. Sell first, figure out why later....

With STEM for example, I will be watching for large buying volume spikes why the stock is diving.

If I see accumulation then I play that way instead but only after it got pounded from here of course.

Mostly it just looks to easy to short biotechs but sometimes the self fullfilling prophecies come true.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Greatest Global Stock Market Boom rolls on unabated.

Vast fortunes being made, especially in the emerging or developed markets.

Wanna see some closeup photos?

You won't believe it.

The Pelorus

Yea, and the good news is that the new ship, at 525 feet, will dwarf the one in the photos....oooooo-faaaaaaa

To date, this has been the most depressing start of the year for bears yet.  Even the most honest and well-grounded permabear in the media, Bill Fleckenstein, is starting to enter a state of denial.  Last week, he commented on how the market action at the beginning of the year was the weakest he'd seen, or something lame like that.  (No doubt, he won't be repeating that this week.)

But take heart!  Today, we saw a substantial rally in the gold & silver market, while the dollar AND bond market took a hit.  I literally cannot remember the last time that happened in the same day.  Plus, the trading season for the stock market doesn't REALLY begin until next week, when yearnings season begins; the past week and a half was merely an extension of the same nonsense we've been seeing anywhere from last July to as far back as Oct '02 (depending on when you start counting).  This could be the end of all that.  Then again, maybe it's not.  But, from a contrarian standpoint, this is the best time to get on the other side of the boat, 'cause the whole thing looks like it might tip over.  And if you need a reminder on just how strong contrarian opinion can be, just look at those old posts from October '02, and see the kind of things everyone was writing.  Just make sure you have a box of tissues nearby, in case it brings back any painful memories of what happened shortly thereafter......

Thanks for these brainteasers. I'll take a stab.

I don't see anything useful or insightful from the Money Flow chart. The MACD tells me the downslide has stabilized since then. The two key things I see from the charts are 1) the Slow Stochastic didn't break down on the latest hump suggesting perhaps continued ST upside strength, and 2) the most recently widening Bollinger band which suggests that after a ST upside, it could possibly swing even more volatiley on the downside after the upside surge.

This will be fun to follow.....or I can just look out my window and watch any of the 13 teardowns in the four block area around my house.... :(

Homeowner Chooses Razing Home

And Rebuilding Over Buying New

By Nancy Keates

Editor's Note: This is the first installment of "Teardown Diary," a feature by Wall Street Journal correspondent Nancy Keates. The column will detail her decision to demolish the Portland, Ore., home where she lives with her family and build anew. In the months ahead, she will chronicle what led to the decision, the financial costs, hiring an architect, knocking down her house, choosing the features of her new home and the final product.

My husband and I have decided to tear down our 1928 house and build a new one in its place....

WSJ Link Here <-------

Yacht name: Ecstasea

Length: 282 ft - 85.95m

Launch date: 2004

Owner: Roman Abramovitch (Le Grand Bleu, Pelorus, Chelsea FC)

Builder: Feadship, Royal Van Lent Shipyard, Holland

Naval architect: De Voogt International

Stylist: Terence Disdale

Hull: Steel

Engine: 4 x 3154 hp MTU diesels, 1 x 31269 hp gas turbine

I'm sure the tiny diesels are just for maneuvering.

Screw short interest. What painting did I paint with that chart. I want to make sure folks understand what the chart is potentially saying.

b

We're not mind readers. Looked like a giant base to me. But it could be something altogether different. Without any indicators how would you have any idea?

What chart was it anyway? :lol:

surely fuses are short on a bear board these days. My apologies if my extreme and demented sarcasm was taunting to any of my fellow bears. Truth is its self flagellation, as the person i am really taunting is myself. using sarcasm helps stave off the "episodes" ....... if the stool had a resident shrink, i would sign up..........doc may consider office hours... hey I love this place; bulls, bears and the cross dressers that swing both ways without conscience............. sorry again if i offended anyone. peace out stoolies................... :)

Archived