Bear Zone Stool Number Two

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not pin point the timing, but I am telling gang we are watching history being made. Greenspew has lost, the bond shave voted and stocks will utlimately follow. How the hell can this senile old meglamaniac talk about plenty of room to lower rates as 10s back up 75 bp?

The Japanese have lower rates than us. There is no reason why we our rates can't get as low as the JGBs.

When all other paper assets melt down, the last safe haven will be US Gav't Bonds and Notes.

estool: Our bond mkt is an ocean. Greenspew can huff and puff all he wants, but he will not dictate long rates.

I agree that Greeny has no control of rates.

All I am saying is that as the stock market finally melts, the Junk Bond Market melts, the Municipal Bond Markets starts seing defaults, money will rush to US Government Bonds and Us Treasury notes.

This will drive up prices, and consequently drive down yields.

People voted for Leach?

this is the sort of thing we can actually learn from these "testimonies" - which of these guys, if any, have a clue.

Frank not perfect but he is at least attempting to pin greenie down on a few details. What about savings dropping to 1% of GDP from something like 6%?

Archived