Mean Market

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the problem many of us still have is in attempting to make sense of the market in terms of the economy. This is not wise. The stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the economy.

I think that the problem many of us still have is in attempting to make sense of the market in terms of the economy. This is not wise. The stock market has absolutely nothing to do with the economy.

I think I am over that now - after six months of the market slapping in me in the face I think I grasp that concept now. Today I am simply playing the probability that we have been up 8 days in a row and simply looking for one red candle. I could be wrong and probably will be! :wacko:

HPQ beats guides up and pays 2.7 billion for COMS...

with the QE going on and carry trade we could see 300 on HPQ...

I must say they are the only PC'sI have ever bought and never had a problem...they are a well run company..

More Red Bull on acid stuff for Lost Money and Cramit...key is what the FX does overnight.....

Doc is right...so many other things pushing this pig higher,,,

Ding....Ding....Ding....

It's all about what the market does.....not what you think it should do....

The Dow is 30 stocks, and it's not the same 30 stocks that it was 9 years ago.

April 8, 2004

American International Group Incorporated, Pizer Incorporated and Verizon Communications Incorporated replaced AT&T

Corporation, Eastman Kodak Company and International Paper Company.

February 19, 2008

Bank of America Corporation and Chevron Corporation replaced Altria Group, Incorporated and Honeywell

International, Incorporated

September 22, 2008

Kraft Foods Inc. replaced American International Group Inc

June 8, 2009

The Travelers Companies, Inc. replaced Citigroup, Inc. and Cisco Systems, Inc. replaced General Motors Corp.

Where would the Dow be if they kept the dogshit in the list.

Not that the SPX is any better. Far from it. Their turnover is probably far higher in percentage terms.

I must say they are the only PC'sI have ever bought and never had a problem...they are a well run company..

Same here....great minds and all that sort of stuff...

On the other hand, Dell and Toshiba are two of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever used (corporate PC's / laptops back in the day)

Archived