B4 the Bell, Moonday Aug. 9, 2004

Guest yobob1

In my opinion Joe don't get enough credit. Loved the show he used to put on. Behind the clown lies a genius.

In the old days of hand-plotted charts, market strategists really got deeply into the numbers.

They knew the daily opens, highs, lows, closes, and volumes in both tabular and graphical form ... and were capable of recognizing some subtle patterns there.

Sometimes lessons sink in, when you spend that many hours immersed in detail, that you just don't see glancing at a computer-generated chart for 20 seconds.

Absolutely. Nothing like rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty. Sometimes it's as if you can feel the stock or commodity breath.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dubai denies plan to rescue Russia's Yukos

By Agence France Presse (AFP)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

DUBAI: The emirate of Dubai has denied plans to back a $10 billion rescue plan for Russian oil company Yukos, a newspaper said Monday.

"There is no kind of negotiations between the Russian party on this subject, or in any other subject related to buying stocks in this company," a senior Dubai official told the al-Khaleej daily.

Britain's Sunday Times newspaper said a consortium of Dubai-based investors was backing a $10 billion rescue plan for Russian oil company Yukos that has been made by a former associate of company founder and former CEO, Mikhail Khordokovsky.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?ed...article_id=7122

On that note MH- 4 of the hottest timers this year have been Russell, Howard Ruff, Granville and Harry Browne.

B4, you've done well, and I know you're better then those guys, all because of what you do here in Stoolville.

You da man.

Still think they raise them 1/4pt. Crude & gold gets gutted, & most stocks burn in hell.

Mercury went Retrograde today, folks.

Headed backwards until 9/02.

Watch out for mis-communications, faulty data, lost paperwork, and

other travel and commo errors that often aren't undone until

Mercury turns direct again. Double check everything!

Mercury went Retrograde today, folks.

Headed backwards until 9/02.

Watch out for mis-communications, faulty data, lost paperwork, and

other travel and commo errors that often aren't undone until

Mercury turns direct again.  Double check everything!

OK. I will reread my guys. :)

I for one, still see 987 before summer is over.

1100-1115 maybe higher before more down. However a lower low should happen first. It's a crap shoot from here the way I am seeing this. We could be in an impulse wave 4 with 5 down coming tomorrow and than a rally back up to 1080. That is how I see it. We shall see.

Guest Icky Twerp

3Martinis -

from my family's collection of Martini Recipes . . .The Dugout Martini, as served by the Dugout Bar (not Pub) off Oxford St. in Sydney in the basement of some "hotel" - name escapes me. . .

The Dugout Martini

? Buy 5 lbs. of dry ice. Put Fifth of Gin or Vodka in a styrofoam ice chest (plastic becomes brittle at ?80 degrees. Cover with dry ice package. Cover that with ice. Let sit for several hours. (The Dugout used a medical-quality freezer.)

? Fill a small aerosol with fresh dry vermouth, refrigerate.

? Chill martini glasses in refrigerator freezer.

? Remove glasses from freezer, wipe rim with slender lemon twist, leave twist in glass. Alternatively, use pitted olives ? these must be pitted otherwise you will confuse the pit with the solidly frozen flesh of the olive resulting in a visit to the dentist.

? Spritz glass once or twice with vermouth.

? While wearing clean cotton gardening gloves, remove liquor (spell checker?) from styrofoam ice chest. Uncap carefully. Smack on the bottom like a bottle of catsup to get the icy mixture out directly into glass.

? Serve immediately.

? Warn imbiber that this is not a usual martini. Your lips could stick to the glass until it re-warms up; when the icy mixture hits your gut it will light you up like a highway flare, with little icy razors that seem to be vivisecting you inside out. NEVER have more than two. Never drive after these. Lupe and I used to have 4 then I would ride the train 45 minutes back to Cronulla, then walk from the train to the house (2 klics). If I weren't actually sick the next day, I would at least have serious regrets.

Archived