Mark 2 Market Weak End

Could anyone with some experience tell me more about trading t-bond futures? I've started trading equity futures and find it far better and safer than options, with better trading tools, better liquidity, more effective stops, etc. I'd like to be long treasuries, but buying yield puts or selling yield calls doesn't cut it as the market on those options is too thin. Would really appreciate whatever knowledge/advice you can share on it.

I have the contract details at this link: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html. But between say, the ZN and ZN3 contracts (see link), I have no clue.

Greg,

ZN is the 10 Year Note - Tick size $15.625 (which gets rounded to the nearest penny).

There is also a mini 10 Year Note - symbol is YN - Tick size $5.

ZN3 is the 10 Year Note Reduced Tick Size Spread contract.

It's one of the calendar spreads that had to be created for the a/c/e platform which can't handle it when spread prices go negative (e.g. front month is less than the back).

So the prices in these contracts start with a base of 100000 and add/subtract from this instead of from zero.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Icky Twerp

Jefferson Airplane, Spirit, Janis Joplin, all great concerts, but the best of all time for me was the Doors, in Dallas, just a few months before Morrison died... no teeny girls screaming, but lots-and-lots of cops...

best weekend tho', was some 4th of July ('75?) when we drove to the Hill Country for a Willie Nelson Picnic, then to Dallas for the Stones in the cotton bowl. Absolutely baked every-which-way.

Thank you Fukui-San for the video, clearly the infrastructure, the foundation of commerce has been laid ... the communist masters there now truly are riding the tiger :D

Some how I think the US experience will be more like a Nantucket Sleigh Ride :unsure:

I feel very Zen -- no longer hyper, so to speak -- waiting for the Iceman

Could anyone with some experience tell me more about trading t-bond futures? I've started trading equity futures and find it far better and safer than options, with better trading tools, better liquidity, more effective stops, etc.  I'd like to be long treasuries, but buying yield puts or selling yield calls doesn't cut it as the market on those options is too thin.  Would really appreciate whatever knowledge/advice you can share on it.

I have the contract details at this link: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html.  But between say, the ZN and ZN3 contracts (see link), I have no clue.

Greg,

ZN is the 10 Year Note - Tick size $15.625 (which gets rounded to the nearest penny).

There is also a mini 10 Year Note - symbol is YN - Tick size $5.

ZN3 is the 10 Year Note Reduced Tick Size Spread contract.

It's one of the calendar spreads that had to be created for the a/c/e platform which can't handle it when spread prices go negative (e.g. front month is less than the back).

So the prices in these contracts start with a base of 100000 and add/subtract from this instead of from zero.

Thanks!

The put to call action was very strange Friday, and I got a mild case of crash fever. Respected my stops, but smelled blood out there somewhere.

In the event of an equities plunge, what do we thing will happen to treasuries? The rally was in treasuries and equities together, but this week they traded inversely, until Friday. I've been trying to suss it out. On the weekly candles, the TNX printed a gravestone doji and closed the week in the red. Equities were all positive, but with those Wed-Thurs spikes that blew off to the upside.

I like the idea of bonds because they're a larger market than equities, and so, I'm guessing, harder to manipulate.

Anyone here have a working link for the Money Masters Tape 2?

Someone posted a link to the Money Masters video tape 1 & 2 here on the weekend of June 21st/22nd, but the link for the second tape didn't work. Anyone know of a working link for the second tape?

UPDATE: Found the original posting - the link for tape II was corrected. The posting was in HyperTiger's Temple of Doom, not M2M.

Tape II and more can be found here Money Masters, Fed Reserve & Banks, etc.

Thank you Fukui-San for the video, clearly the infrastructure, the foundation of commerce has been laid ... the communist masters there now truly are riding the tiger :D

It's not as monolithic as people often assume.

Jim Rogers: The Roaring Dragon

China has a LOT of problems, but then so did England, Germany, the US, Japan, and Korea during their periods of rapid development and rise.

To sum up, my opinion, fwiw, is that any country that continues to think of China in terms of (recent) historical stereotypes will probably be in for a very big surprise.

Various pic of Shanghai.

Shanghai at night

The Bund District

The Pudong district below didn't exist ~15 years ago.

The Pudong district

shanghai800.jpg

I was born at the tail end of the 60's, so missed the best of the best. But I was lucky enough to see Stevie Ray Vaughan 5 years in a row, including once opening for Dire Straits, just before they sold out, back in the Alchemy days. Saw Santana and Phish in Vermont, Santana a few more times until it was clear that he's got nothing left to say, and the Allman Brothers Band every chance I got since 1991. Horde Festivals in VT, reggae fests in NH and NY. The feel of an outdoor show, playing footbag in the parking lot, all the hippie chicks, that beer n dirt and weed and tobacco smell...

Haven't been to a show in a few years- same grounds as BARE. They now charge so much that you go expecting a religious experience. I figure that live pop music jumped the shark with Woodstock II, so I'm protecting my great memories at this point. Still try to see Rush every chance I get, and Steely Dan in Toronto this summer is awfully tempting too. I'm amazed that anyone who attended Woodstock, the original, managed to "get with the program" after that. If I had been there for that, I think it would have derailed me for good :rolleyes:

I want to say thank you to Jorma, Chibear, Machine, Big Wave & Brain4 for those great stories.

Awesome stuff....

Best concert?

I had just got home on leave and had heard all about this big concert call Live-Aid.

Took me 3 days to get back home to the Amish country after that.... the memory always leads be back to the 3 days after... and the 2 nights I spent underneath the boardwalk in Ocean City N.J. with a Italian girl named Christina who I met at the concert.

Every single time I see a yellow halter top I'm reminded of her.

And then I remember my sister who washed those 3 day old clothes that had her phone and address in them. :lol: ahhh what memories.

best weekend tho', was some 4th of July ('75?) when we drove to the Hill Country for a Willie Nelson Picnic, then to Dallas for the Stones in the cotton bowl. Absolutely baked every-which-way.

Was at both of those shows too. Stones, Eagles, & Billy Preston..what a great show but hot as blue blazes. The GF and I had to be at work the next morning (summer job) so left Dallas at 11:00pm and promptly drove NORTH for an hour until I saw a sign that stated the Oklahoma border was 10 miles further. Needless to say, since I lived in Houston, I was pretty pissed at myself. Did a Uey and drove straight to the hospital (she a student nurse, me an ICU orderly- talk about some stories), put on the scrubs and slept walked for the next 8 hours. Absolutely worth it....

EDIT- I think Trapeze and Montrose were also on the Stones bill. Help me out IT..

Phat- as Mark would say, you are a freaking genious..

Archived