B4 The Bell Thursday July 22

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kernel they can stand on there head and spit nickels but they ain't moving futures up take a look at the new highs and lows today on the dow and Nutsduck-the game has changed and THEY are on the run. I challenge any Bull here c'mon go long -you will be lying in the same ditch as BDK! ;)

N. Ron,

Want to say thank you for your post yesterday. I know how much work that represents.

They didn't teach me that in Econ. 1A and 1B. Too busy with marginal propensity to consume an substitution. Yours was a semester course in one paper. I have read it at least 3 times already, and will read it again. Truly great work.

Is this the best site on the web for people like us, or what? Thanks, Doc.

You are my brother, N. Ron

B.S.

The dirty tricks are just getting started.

Doc...M2M loads just fine and B4 is slow...FYI

Its impossible for me to get B4 the Bell at work. IDS and M2M can come up, but only after at least 10 clicks to get the ads past my firewall.

Does B4 The Bell have a different set of ad blocks?

Hopefully, Doc's server upgrade will help.

Aussie market getting killed tonight, but Taiwan is bonering.

Psycho Chicks on Crack...............

Have to wonder if we get the usual 3 am futures save tonight. Someone very big out there is dead serious about not letting the market fall.

How do you know? Maybe they want it to drop so they can buy. Sorry, and I have felt the same way but, I am looking for a low around here via T/A.(1078-80)

Stoolville:

I'd like to solicit some advice. Madame Tchaikofsky has become "manager" of her Dad's affairs recently and he moved into an assisted living arrangement. His house is to be sold next week and there will be a good amount of money left over after settlement (low six figures).

What suggestions might anyone have regarding how/where to park this money? After listening to me regarding the markets for the last two years, she's morbidly afraid to put it in equities, indexes, or mutual funds.

There's no immediate need for the money, so perhaps ladder it into something "safe"? Problem is, I don't know what "safe" is anymore. A passbook savings account pays 1%, so the account bleeds over time due to inflation. I believe CDs pay more, but I don't have a lot of experience with them. T-Bills? TIPS? Looks like Sammy is currently paying out 1.35-1.69% on short T-Bills and not much better on TIPS.

To quote King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"Any help you could give us would be very . . . helpful."

Many tanks,

Tchaikofsky

Check out MM bank accounts at

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/mmmf_highratehome.asp

FDIC insured up to 100,000 and checkable 3 times a month with no cost

Very liquid

Stoolville:

I'd like to solicit some advice. Madame Tchaikofsky has become "manager" of her Dad's affairs recently and he moved into an assisted living arrangement. His house is to be sold next week and there will be a good amount of money left over after settlement (low six figures).

What suggestions might anyone have regarding how/where to park this money? After listening to me regarding the markets for the last two years, she's morbidly afraid to put it in equities, indexes, or mutual funds.

There's no immediate need for the money, so perhaps ladder it into something "safe"? Problem is, I don't know what "safe" is anymore. A passbook savings account pays 1%, so the account bleeds over time due to inflation. I believe CDs pay more, but I don't have a lot of experience with them. T-Bills? TIPS? Looks like Sammy is currently paying out 1.35-1.69% on short T-Bills and not much better on TIPS.

To quote King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"Any help you could give us would be very . . . helpful."

Many tanks,

Tchaikofsky

Check out MM bank accounts at

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/mmmf_highratehome.asp

FDIC insured up to 100,000 and checkable 3 times a month with no cost

Very liquid

It does not beat inflation. However, If we have or are in a deflation, it ain't bad.

Good work. :)

...I don't think the online brokers are slowing down deliberately.  Most live by commish, not trading.

Today when Plunger said Ameritrade slowed down I noticed that

my ECN also slowed down - but instead of timing out a web page

like I had done to me by the big jerkturd my order took in about

10 or 15 seconds. This happened three or four times when

I was racheting down stops only during about 1 hour mid day.

Dont recall if these were naz or nyse trades.

could they slow the ... maybe I shouldnt be dis-cussing this ??

With the summer humidity they need more hamsters.

9-11 Report Questions Decision to Declare 'War on Terrorism'

The 9/11 commission report offers a broad critique of a central tenet of the Bush administration's foreign policy _ that the attacks have required a 'war on terrorism'... The report argues that the notion of fighting an enemy called "terrorism" is too diffuse and vague to be effective. Strikingly, the report also makes no reference to the invasion of Iraq as being part of the war on terrorism, a frequent assertion of President Bush and his top aides... Developing... on DrudgeReport.com

good cop

bad cop

Kernel they can stand on there head and spit nickels but they ain't moving futures up take a look at the new highs and lows today on the dow and Nutsduck-the game has changed and THEY are on the run. I challenge any Bull here c'mon go long -you will be lying in the same ditch as BDK! ;)

I definitely agree that the game has changed. I've been saying the last few days that the longs are trapped. Declining volume was showing a lack of buying interest and the big long positions want out before the next quarters earnings reports show that the economy hit a wall. I think that they have gone to the well once too often. True desperation point -- dragging out AJC again and the MSFT rebate and now all the "bottom is in" bullhorning may buy them a little extra time, but selling pressure is building.

Archived