Hanky's HUI Hideout

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any gold mutual funds that might spread the risk out amongst the miners?

bd,

Here is a performance comparison chart. I use UNWPX because it most closely tracks the HUI and it is no-load and a minor .5% short term trading fee on less than 30 days. However TFH's USERX seems to be leveraging on the upswings and hedging the downswings, very impressive, I may need to switch!

TFH Please tell us what's da scoop on USERX?

Tanks!

Hank

post-1638-1102778155.gif

Hank excellent stuff, thanks so much. I'm always stunned by how little I know when I listen to traders like you. Now that I am back in it looks like I'll resign for Doc's stuff and set up metastock for disciplinary purposes.

What is your take on Silver? I usually renter positions after steep falls and then am surprised how much farther they fall. This is an emotional issue with me and requires discipline and supervision.

Do you have any take on the explosion in small caps and junk stocks over the last week or do you avoid setups in these. There are many now and it appears that this is where most of the money is for the present in the crack comp. Stuff like Isis,Ardm,Cray,Trph,Lqmt,Cien,Mscc,Mrvl etc. Do you attempt to system or pattern trade any of these or is this too risky for you?

Also do you ever trade in energy like OIH? I am quite curious as to what might be a bottom in that and am tempted to bottom pick after this crash but again, this is an emotional tendency of mine. Gas and oil are seasonally up now thru February so the temptation to buy too early is obvious.

all the best Hank, great stuff, really great. You and Doc and so many of the others are an education for me day by day by day. I will inquire about Metastock and Neuroshell. best , b.d. trader formerly known as buddhad.........g

do you ever trade in energy like OIH?

I have been posting my pattern trading into the OIH since late last year along with my HUI FCS posts but started a new thread here:

I am fully allocated in OIH, entered most late last year but recently added one small position and definitely my last one here recently. If just starting I would still be a buyer. Look here:

Hanky on OIH

I don't riverboat much on stocks anymore and don't own or trade silver, gold is stomach wrenching enough :blink:

Goldfinger Update:

Obviously we are in a larger swing down now:

I am looking at the 40-42 area first...would make a nice big inverse head and shoulders wouldn't it :D

Worse case is back to May Low @ 35.

Only two places where I would try to get in if a nice reversal pattern sets up.

EW sidenote:

If Neely is correct this is a RUNNING DOUBLE COMBINATION, W-X-Y correction up and this is the X wave up then this is B of X, it should only correct mildly <.618 of A of X (40-42) then make another strong C move up blasting the old highs. Gee I hope he's right.

There is a potential this is a FLAT, A-B-C correction. There are 3 very distinct waves in the A down (again notice the choppy B wave up in March-April, this latest move up as I have commented before again has a B wave smell very strongly, choppy as all hell and usually B's do take the longest timewise. Also it is a "Typical" or Normal Flat since B just did a 100% retracement of A. C down which we are in now most frequently will be equal to A and takes us back to the May low @35. C waves are ALWAYS 5's. Chances are it will give good clues when it is terminating just as when the final C of A down completed with a clear 9-wave impulse with divergences on final wave. I remember a lot of knife catching going on during the plunge as I continually warned to stand aside until some evidence of a reversal pattern set up appeared.

post-1638-1102885034.gif

GG - I really like this company but the chart is just too scary.

Clear 5 wave A here (instead of 3 wave like NEM) and sure enough looks like we got a ZIG-ZAG (.618 or less retracement of A by B ). Rarely does C end up less than .618*A and usually = to it :(

EW note:

ZIG ZAG 5-3-5

FLATS 3-3-5

TRIANGLES 3-3-3-3-3

Another note:

Parabolics tend to be deeply retraced...even this B wave was a parabolic just like the 2003 impulse up.

post-1638-1102888343.gif

Goldfinger Update:

Obviously we are in a larger swing down now:

I am looking at the 40-42 area first...would make a nice big inverse head and shoulders wouldn't it :D

Worse case is back to May Low @ 35.

Only two places where I would try to get in if a nice reversal pattern sets up.

EW sidenote:

If Neely is correct this is a running W-X-Y  correction up and this is the X wave up then this is B of X, it should only correct mildly <.618 of A of X (40-42) then make another strong C move up blasting the old highs.  Gee I hope he's right. 

There is a potential this is a FLAT, A-B-C correction.  There are 3 very distinct waves in the A down (again notice the choppy B wave up in March-April, this latest move up as I have commented before again has a B wave smell very strongly, choppy as all hell and usually B's do take the longest timewise.  Also it is a "Typical" or Normal Flat since B just did a 100% retracement of A.  C down which we are in now most frequently will be equal to A and takes us back to the May low @35.  C waves are ALWAYS 5's.  Chances are it will give good clues when it is terminating just as when the A down completed with a clear 9-wave impulse with divergences on final wave.  I remember a lot of knife catching going on during the plunge as I continually warned to stand aside until some evidence of a reversal pattern set up appeared.

M.H.--

Thanks for your tireless efforts on this board. I truly appreciate your occasional divergence into E.W. As a neophite, I appreciate your sharing the E.W. sidenote on NEM. It has a pattern, recently, that has eluded me.

Quite apart from that, your charts represent a dilligent and scholarly effort to present a diverse range of technical indicators so that each of us may weigh matters in the balance.

We are all enrichened by your presence.

Bearvest

$ made thrust out of the triangle precisely equal to its base but so far the reaction here has not been strong enough to reverse the downtrend. Reliable indicator has been RSI crossing it's 35 period SMA.

Sidenote: I always have 13 and 35 period SMA's on RSI if you have not already noticed and consider them an integral part of reading it's signals (Cardwell)

bearvest and Hadjin,

Thankyou so much for your very kind and encouraging words :D

post-1638-1103232980.gif

Archived