A Scientific Quiz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crapvision has the President of Coldwell Banker on. Can you believe he actually said the real estate bubble idea is a myth.

Now THERE is an unbiased opinion. Does Crapvision mention the obvious conflict of interest?

MD, you said in the morning thread that NAZ is resting on the 50-day MA. Uh, what are you looking at? conf.gif The 50-dma for the COMPX is at 1380.67 for today. We've been below it all the time today - didn't even come close to approaching it.

Regards,

Vesselin

Dr. B,

I was taking it off my MSN/Crapvision chart where the Comp was listed at 1356.89. On second look you are correct. I apologize. I must have snagged the COMP itself when checking it and thought I clicked on the 50 DMA as well.

Doc,

I too deal pretty regularly in BM.

timeframe:60 min SPX

Remember last Friday, yep, price right back down to 880... Just an observation...possible double bottom. The volume coming in this morning is light (weak, thin) but somewhat supportive. It *might* give a little bounce for this afternoon...... But wondering if they will try to pull another Monday sneeky? The CMAP will hold the key?

Crapvision has the President of Coldwell Banker on. Can you believe he actually said the real estate bubble idea is a myth.

Now THERE is an unbiased opinion. Does Crapvision mention the obvious conflict of interest?

There is only one interest on the crapello channel. The only conflict is the very thin and half hearted insinuation of neutrality.

Just hedged my CHF position that has increased by 400% in value in the last month. Hated to do it because it limits my upside but last time I got greedy and missed taking the profits.

I have been toying with an idea for RYVNX that may interest you guys. You can hold a core position in Ryvnx. Buy an offsetting amount of QQQ so that you are essentially flat.

Simply buy and sell the QQQ during intraday swings if you want to day trade. This allows you to drastically cut down on the premiums. It also gives you the great 200% RYVNX leverage without a time penalty.

In essence you can exit and enter RYVNX intraday. Worst case you buy enough QQQs to hedge your core position and sell whenever things get toppy.

I'll need to do some math on the equivalent amount of QQQ you will need to be flat with a set position in RYVNX. Maybe someone else out there has already done this.

Think I'll do this on a small basis as a test.

The Swissmeister has been on a rampage. What is the next key upside resistance?

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$xsf,uu[s,a]waclyyay[df][pb10!b30][vc60][iud20!la12,26,9]

I play the Rydex leveraged + ETFs quite a lot. The objective is to limit upside drawdowns, so hedging kicks in above the 50dMA...although I have not done it this time around...used the $ to go after more shorts, instead. It's da Cmaps that give me confidence to indulge in such risk-taking behavior :D

Yes, it is absolutely possible to hold a core leveraged position and literally neutralize it within minutes. This is why I like Interactive Borkers...for ETFs....cheap AND good (Rydexfunds.com is outstanding for trading the leveraged fundies; never do it through a borker).

A smaller port of mine swingtrades the leveraged fundies, using Doc's 13 week cycles. If you backtest Doc's Cmaps on SPX (blue and yellow lines, basically), ~2100 points since February 02. This is attracting more of my attention. Silly to not take advantage of 25% rallies (=50% profit). This will be heavily beefed up; painless.

Depends on which two, MD! ?:grin:

I'll just say this Glad, you keep watching that Chariot race. One day it's going to surprise you :wink2: .

But I've already watched it eighty-three times. How many more times to I have to watch it waiting for a different outcome, MD? :blink:

Depends on which two, MD! ?:grin:

I'll just say this Glad, you keep watching that Chariot race. One day it's going to surprise you :wink2: .

But I've already watched it eighty-three times. How many more times to I have to watch it waiting for a different outcome, MD? :blink:

No problemo Man! don't you see?? The odds are definitely with you now! Ask Abby Jo!

Better than her, ask Larry da K. (if he can get his nose outa the talcum for a moment).

Listening to Chet Baker now on the Sennheisers, craptop on the sofa lying in the sunbeam doing my bit to fight seasonal affective disorder.  Whatta life, wot?

Wearing those new boxers too with the little Santas all over them, aren't ya Greg! Come on... don't cheat us on the details! :D

2394407_F_store.jpg

Doc I guess the original ones are now a collectors item. I wonder if they are more valuable with or without the skid marks. :P

Archived