TOP or not to TOP, this is the question

Poll YES/NO  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how much of the big banks' good earnings came from bond trading, and even stock trading, based on inside information and Fed support?

I think most of it

which means their core banking businesses are still not sound, not even close

somebody has to pay for all the loan defaults

in reality the big banks are still losing money every day, no?

Their core is not sound. Here is an expert who agrees and tells it like a stoolie. :blink:

April 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration’s bank- rescue efforts will probably fail because the programs have been designed to help Wall Street rather than create a viable financial system, Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz said.

“All the ingredients they have so far are weak, and there are several missing ingredients,” Stiglitz said in an interview yesterday. The people who designed the plans are “either in the pocket of the banks or they’re incompetent.”

Bloomer

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

FWIW, Mr. Sinclair has just opined that the WHEN, not the PRICE, of the coming gold bottom is most important.

link:

http://www.jsmineset.com

your jickiss continues:

everything is connected via the markets. lack of mo-mo, across the board, has caused lots of anxiety. Clearly, the desire to find a trending market is driving many mad. Have there really been any good set-ups lately? Sure, jick, you might say, F at 1, advances to 4. CDE at 60 cents, (give or take) moves to $1.20. DXO at $1.80, prints over $3.05 several times.

see?

all garbage trades. It is claimed that Earl inventories are definitely Quite High. DXO???

It is claimed that F is Good because GM is bad. Buy more F at $4.00? Not so sure, says your jickiss.

CDE is the Stock of the Year, but what is the trend in Gold and Silver here????? Weak. Watch and Hold....

What is Quite Clear is that what is Needed, and Needed Immediately, is for TPTB to mail out checks (on the Order of maybe $15,000 per citizen) to da Sheeple, to partially reverse the destruction of Wealth that da Sheeple have endured. Before you Scream that this will become Inflationary, your jickiss says that 15k of cash will not be inflationary, but rather will stop what is happening Right Now, which is called Cash Sure Feels Like it is King Right Here. If this does not happen within the next 5 or 6 weeks, then the level of Confidence in the workings of the system will drop. It will drop Significantly, and in a way that will Damage the Will to keep on Playing on the part of them that are still trying to keep in the Game. If this type of Confidence starts to evaporate, then

The ONLY Choice for them pulling the strings from behind the curtain

will be w a r. Why, jickiss, why?

Easy, when confidence disappears, if you are in charge, and you do not have Scapegoats and Whipping Boys Aplenty, upon whom to cast or to place the BLAME for your perceived Failures, then

you may be about to be Out Foxed, to coin a term of art......

Thimk!

jickiss!!!!!!!

how much of the big banks' good earnings came from bond trading, and even stock trading, based on inside information and Fed support?

I think most of it

which means their core banking businesses are still not sound, not even close

somebody has to pay for all the loan defaults

in reality the big banks are still losing money every day, no?

Banks are such a culture of lies that they may have been lying, and may not even be making money from their inside info and Fed support. One of Warren Buffet's best quotes is something like "With a million dollars and enough inside information, you can go broke in a year." Or less than a year, if you're a bank. The Mark-to-Make-Believe practice seems typcial of the entire banking system-- not an aberration.

----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Shorty, I love this that you said from IDS, so I'm quoting it here on MTM again:

Shorty

"pretty chart, beautiful lady--- Susan Boyle http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4949467n

I'll take beauty over prettiness any day

and joy over happiness

in fact, I'll take love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control over money

believe it, or not."

------------------------------------

Good for you, Shorty. Money is just an illusion after all. As you have often said, stuff (copper, gold, oil etc.) is wealth. And production of actual needed goods and services is wealth. The banks have got nothing-- pushing pieces of paper around. You can't tell if they made money or not-- because they have no real stuff that they mine or produce that you can point to and say "There it is."

I've suffered over illusions like anyone else. But money is an illusion.

E.g. a lot of people can't afford to have a house or other building because they don't have money to pay for expensive materials and laborers. Right? Wrong. Build it yourself. As for materials:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Reynolds_(architect)

http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/cob.htm

If something is really important to you, as a person, or even moreso as a group of people or a society or a government, 99% of the time you are going to find a way to do it. There is no "We can't afford it." That just means "I'm scared" or "I don't want to do it."

You either do stuff in the physical or interpersonal world or you don't-- regardless of money or lack of it.

Cap

Lemur,

It was nice being out all day and coming home to see that 12% candle on the HTE daily. Looking at the chart last night today was do or die. Holding Strong from 3.15 ;)

Holding and thinking weekly here ....... rare for me. I am usually too quick to take profits.

post-4436-1240005849_thumb.png

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

well, Doc is right. The Voice of Sports in Philly was Kalas. He had the voice, and it did not ever weaken or waver. Kalas could Perform.

The voice is something that can not really be changed. Once fixed, it is fixed. It can be strengthened, trained a bit. But a great voice is a pure gift.

here is a link to another Great Philadelphia Voice. Many said Thee Voice of the Last Century. For whatever reason, they went after this guy, and cut his future off....

Amazing how da spaghetti can keep you from committing too early...Tranny hourly kept beggin to hit hourly 900, and we got real close today...if we don't gap down Monday, could get once last spike to tag it, and complete a 5 wave move on the 5 min charts off the 2950 liftoff zone....any trading back below 3k now, and goose should be fully cooked for at least sharp correction, or possibly something a bit more sinister....

I still have one fractal that calls for new lows by end of May to early June....yes...below the march low......ES 780 area will prolly be the key for that one to have a chance to unfold....wouldn't that surprise a few folks.....

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

Nothig will Top Gold.

Hold Fast.

Here is the Count. We are in III, up.

jickiss!!!!!!!

if they gonna do it, here is pretty much the perfect place to launch da move, and pretty much where it needs to hold.....maybe one last little spike down to 850 or so and then we see if they can light the engines off da double bump on da 200 day....

Archived