Give Back Friday

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Citigroup will reportedly undertake another round of massive layoffs and is poised to start raising credit card rates for a number of its customers.

The battered financial services giant will let go some 10,000 workers, with the cuts starting as early as this week, in such areas as the company's investment banking and wealth management divisions, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

Over the past four quarters, the New York City-based bank has trimmed its bloated payroll by 23,000. As of the end of the third quarter, Citigroup employed approximately 352,000 workers.

Citicorpse: 352,000 "workers" to go!

post-2460-1226696794_thumb.png

Maybe the "third time's the charm" rally yesterday got everyone so bulled up we can clash Monday. How strong will support be in the low 800s next time if we hit it again on Tuesday?

Like Doc keeps saying, "the more often support is tested, the weaker it becomes." At the end of day, it looked like maybe there's more hedge fund dumping going on. I wonder now if the institutional investors still have the firepower to overcome it, since they've been buying the dips for the last month+.

Just got this in an email fwiw.

There is an email virus that pretends to be from UPS or FedEx. You receive

an email from "UPS Packet Service" along with a packet number. Notice that the word

packet is misspelled. The email says that they were unable to

deliver a package sent to you and then asks you to

print out the invoice copy attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES

THE VIRUS.

Snopes confirms that it is real:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/ups.asp

----------

I don't know why, but I still feel bullisimo. But I'll roll with the charts either way. Great week. I hope next week is as good. Off to the river with the dog and granddaughter. See ya this weekend.

post-2253-1226698856_thumb.png

Index levels seem to be ever more irrelevant, as the components themselves dry up in terms of liquidity - in other words, the indices are not what they were when they were launched - they're now bastard backstairs sprog illegitimate cousins of their namesake.

If the fixers had any sense they'd rewrite their benchmarks tootsweet..

Send bribes to...MSCI-SP-Wiltshire, room 114, Bide-a-Wee Motel, second junction off the M6 after Brents Cross, plain envelope and address written in a 1" chisel tip marker pen. with the words.."I wanna be in the S and PEE" on the cover.

We'll get back to you.

I don't know why, but I still feel bullisimo. But I'll roll with the charts either way. Great week. I hope next week is as good. Off to the river with the dog and granddaughter. See ya this weekend.

Yeh, I had to respect my charts and sell my currenices for smaller gains as they started to reverse, but something smelled fishy about that last panic move down into the "news" event. Don't have enough guts to put 'em back on and hold over the weekend for a possible gap up though...been on the wrong side of that move before. :lol:

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

yesss, K Wave, that pesky USDX held, so we all can Hurry Up and Wait until next week.

Evenutally, this USDX will Fail, all funnymentals, all of the Chinese money, and all of them that are ready to pounce on the Items that will zoom north when the USDX fails to continue its uptrend are getting ready....

but, enough, already, jickiss! gold still is lower than $900.00 the oz, so other kinds of posts are required. after all, a jickiss promise is an Absolute Promise!

so, therefore, we turn to a "Big Picture," from your jickiss, to show a painting of the last time of the end of great things....take a good look at the way the Top Lived back then, before some long period of the Nasties set in. your jickiss is absolutely certain and sure that the following image is an echo of the moments that we now can still enjoy.

so enjoy all that you feel that you deserve now. don't wait, if you can. Try to remember....

these may be the last "normal" times, it the whole she-bang slips over the edge.

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1226700947.jpg

Archived