2003 Scoreboard

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, Jimi, you might think so.But apparently the ECB says that they will only get bothered when it gets to 1.35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aarrghhhhh!

The best way to ensure that it gets to 1.35 is to make a statement as stupid they did...to include the price. World class stupidity is required to have actually put that number out there, as it virtually guaranteed it as a target...and accelerated the move to get there.

you change the words in my mouth. YpoI'm bored with debunking lies, so lets just work on the "lie techniques" as used by this Master.

Technique 1:

Ignore size and scope completely. Boldly pretend they don't exist. This is like saying:

There is no difference between a iguana and a komodo dragon. They are both lizards.

OR

And why that Dow bashing? Do some of you really think that the Dow wasnt "manipulated" 30 or 50 years ago? It was always enough to buy the 3 or 4 biggst stcoks to get the dow moving.

Technique 2:

Pretend that lying about a situation is not wrong, so long as the person being lied to "had a choice". This is like saying:

It is okay for used car dealers to change an odometer, because no one is being "forced to buy".

OR

Nobody ever forced anyone to becoem a trader. Learn the rules or leave the market or you will get destroyed financially.

Technique 3:

Pretend that Adam Smith didn't know what was talking about when he said that guildsmen will hardly ever gather, regardless of the occasion, without some discussion of how to take advantage of the public. Ths is like saying:

People don't talk to each other.

OR on a slightly grander scale

Different Organizations don't work together to achieve common goals.

OR

And that wingohockingmoyamensinging conspiracy crap is in most cases nothing else but plain old fashioned nazi horseshit. When i hear that damn wingohockingmoyamensing that the Rothschilds dictate from thier base in europe how the world is ruled and the markets are runned i could explode. :angry:

Technique 4:

Pretend to be omniscient. This is like saying:

Terrorists will never nuke Washington

OR

The hypertiger scenario will never ever occur. Period.

Technique 5:

Play popularity contest. This is like saying:

Hitler was a good man because the German people elected him.

OR

And then EBAY. This board spoke about ebay months ago like it was one of the lousiest business models which any firm ever had. Now i hear Ebay here, ebay there, ebay everyhwere. But of course it was only driven by short covering. Complete BS.

FxFox, you are probably mad because you lost money on the supposed dollar rally. Good.

I am ready to rumble. Boy. Where was the Dollar when the S&P was below 800? Higher or lower than now?

Also, I question your technical competence. What are the 3 or 4 most important DOW stocks fxfox? Do you actually know? Give me the symbols. I bet you'll be wrong.

a few answers from me:

about tech2:

The stock market was always the lottery of the upper middle class. When you wanna go pissing with the big dogs you should learn their rules. Play with their rules or they will kill you. Every time the lower class came to sthe stock market they were punished very hard by the big dogs. It was always the same. I dont say that it is good like it is or because it is it is good as it is, i only say, thats the way it is. One can complain about it, but it is the same as saying when it rains "hm, it rains".

tech3:

Well what you said is the socilogy of organizations and you are not wrong about that. But that was not my point. I spoke about the very famous consipacy theory that there are some big old familiy empires who rule the world. The install leaders, they say if stocks shold go up and down and so on. And i think that this is just wrong.

tech4:

ok, i change it too: "I dont think that the hypertiger scenario is likely to happen"

tech5:

you change the words in my mouth. This board didnt say "ok, ebay is good, but the stock is jsut to expansive", no, it said "complete crap" and now maybe becasue of the acceleration of the stock price ebay is seen in a more postive way. I only asked myself "Why is now good, what was a year ago completely wrong?"

about the rest:

no i am not mad. I did short the euro at 1.2500 with 20 pis stop, i was stopped out, so what? I always said, and you can read this in the archives if you want, that if euro closes above 1.2500 it will go up even more and i gave a reasonable technical exaplanation for that. Upmove coild really accelerate now, also thnaks to ECB who doesnt do anything agaisnt that sharp rise.

The dollar was higher when S&P was at 800. Now what? Is the dollar itself a indicator for stock market prices? Of course not. Just look at european and amercian stocks market charts and a chart of the dollar and begin with that in the 1970s.

As far as i know, and my source is a very famous Doctor, you need for example to buy MMM and PG to get the Dow moving.

The best way to ensure that it gets to 1.35 is to make a statement as stupid they did...to include the price. World class stupidity is required to have actually put that number out there, as it virtually guaranteed it as a target...and accelerated the move to get there.

Always makes me wonder when the ECB makes a comment like that.

Do they really mean it or are they standing ready to blast all the dollar shorters out of the water at 1.27 or some other level but not 1.35.

All those central bonkers belong to the same club and have made some agreement between themselves as to what they do and when--so I would suspect it's some sort of red-herring!

How come when Gold breaks out, It's a bull market for gold but, if the spx breaks out, it is dismissed by most here?

Just asking. :rolleyes:

Because some of us are looking past the end of our lower protuberance. :lol:

Seriously, most of you have time frames measured in nanoseconds or weeks at best, instant performance is your requirement. You make a trade and expect virtually instant gratification. Some of us on the other hand position for years or decades ahead. Foolish you say, no one knows the future. True, however with enough input and logic you can take an educated guess. What I saw in 2000 led me to believe that long term gold and silver would outperform paper in the long haul. Just like Ron Popeils Showtime rotiserrie oven "Set it and forget it!". My only planned trade is a swap from some of the silver position to gold at a point to be determined by the gold/silver ratio, which is currently severly out of whack by historical standards; roughly a factor of 5. In effect leveraging the gold position with silver.

From your view TE, it's perfectly understandable. No trades - no income.

Why don't you talk to Yobob1??

He'll tell you about how you can buy a $400,000 Diesel pusher for no interest for 5-years, then only $350/mo. for the next 30 years, and a full second home tax deduction.

More debt??

No problem.....

Sorry Mark, patently untrue. You might get a 3 month payment waiver, but without employing home equity there are no interest only RV loans, and the maximum term is 20 years on a conventional RV loan, which by the way is about 10 years too long.

400,000 @ 5% over 30 years is about $2,150 per month not $350.

RV lending, as lax as it is, probably has some of the higher qualification requirements of any loan type out there. There is a huge bubble of RV owners out there who are severly under water, trapped in 15 year loans that won't show any poistive equity until about year 12. The industry has spent big bucks on a coordinated campaign over the last 4 years and that has led many to buy into the dream without thinking past their first trip. Most RV owners should be renters given their number of days usage per year and the cost of depreciation, maintenance, insurance and licensing.

I wouldn't read too much into currency moves at this time of year.

I also note that gold is failing to make any move today. Time to get short there very, very soon.

Sorry, I just can't see a gold whack right now.

First, the dolor has expectional weakness to the Euro.

Second, the buying pressure on gold has kept a very firm peg to the Euro in a very tight band of less than 1% (330 - 333).

My theory is that the CB's are keeping this 'peg' to help offset the pain of the declining dolor.

Gold represents about 15% of the reserve assets of most European CB's. If both gold and the dolor were to decline at the same time, this would lead to real (banker) pain and the prospect of having to rebalance the reserve assets.

I would suspect and propose that the CB's are very interested in maintianing the Euro/Gold ratio and would temper their sales and possibly even buying of gold to help avoid balance sheet erosion.

Just my take.

Has nothing to do with charts and over/under bought indicators.

a few answers from me:

about tech2:

The stock market was always the lottery of the upper middle class. When you wanna go pissing with the big dogs you should learn their rules. Play with their rules or they will kill you. Every time the lower class came to sthe stock market they were punished very hard by the big dogs. It was always the same. I dont say that it is good like it is or because it is it is good as it is, i only say, thats the way it is. One can complain about it, but it is the same as saying when it rains "hm, it rains".

tech3:

Well what you said is the socilogy of organizations and you are not wrong about that. But that was not my point. I spoke about the very famous consipacy theory that there are some big old familiy empires who rule the world. The install leaders, they say if stocks shold go up and down and so on. And i think that this is just wrong.

tech4:

ok, i change it too: "I dont think that the hypertiger scenario is likely to happen"

tech5:

you change the words in my mouth. This board didnt say "ok, ebay is good, but the stock is jsut to expansive", no, it said "complete crap" and now maybe becasue of the acceleration of the stock price ebay is seen in a more postive way. I only asked myself "Why is now good, what was a year ago completely wrong?"

about the rest:

no i am not mad. I did short the euro at 1.2500 with 20 pis stop, i was stopped out, so what? I always said, and you can read this in the archives if you want, that if euro closes above 1.2500 it will go up even more and i gave a reasonable technical exaplanation for that. Upmove coild really accelerate now, also thnaks to ECB who doesnt do anything agaisnt that sharp rise.

The dollar was higher when S&P was at 800. Now what? Is the dollar itself a indicator for stock market prices? Of course not. Just look at european and amercian stocks market charts and a chart of the dollar and begin with that in the 1970s.

As far as i know, and my source is a very famous Doctor, you need for example to buy MMM and PG to get the Dow moving.

fxfox

You said

"What is the name of that wacko who wrote that "Dr Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde book"?

"My oh my, if i ran out of arguments i start citing from a book written by someone who thinks that nostradamus was the best scientist of all time, or what"?

Have you read the book Creature from Jekyll Island?

Have you ever done any research on the federal reserve, its origin, its membership?

We all have opinions based on our education, our research, and most of all

our perception of what is happening today with regard to lessons learned

through history.

Im not trying to start anything here but how can you totally discount the possibility of greed and power in a system that is so obviously on the road to failure?

a few answers from me:

about tech2:

tech3:

tech4:

tech5:

about the rest:

About Tech 2:

You are still ignoring my point. Iguanas are not dragons.

The manipulation today is at least ten-fold greater than pre-1985.

About Tech 3:

And who owns these organizations?

Maybe someone who inherited from their father?

Archived