Bully trapped....Douches happy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Tribute

To all the putrescent piles of absolute filth which infest our media, government and corporate culture. Now we are faced with the horror of corporations being granted the right to vote (well OK, contribute to elections) by the Supreme Court. You thought PAC?€™s were bad? Well get ready. Your government is now legally for sale. Billions will be pumped into the electoral system. The concept of Democracy has just been killed. Corporate entities are now ?€œpeople?€?. The noble experiment has been extinguished. This will take a Constitutional amendment to overturn this ruling.

From Gil Scott-Heron?€™s latest album:

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/OET8SVAGELA.swf

Citizens mutually pledged to each other their Lives, their Fortunes, and their sacred Honor.

Corporations didn't.

Citizens gave their lives climbing the cliffs of Normandy.

Corporations didn't.

Citizens vote.

Corporations don't.

The Supreme Court of these United States can go fornicate itself.

Bully on thin ice,and this won't help

Goldman under investigation for its securities dealings

One of Congress' premier watchdog panels is investigating Goldman Sachs' role in the subprime mortgage meltdown, including how the firm sold securities backed by risky home loans while it simultaneously bet that those bonds would lose value, people familiar with the inquiry said Friday

Goldman, the world's most prestigious investment bank, has denied any improprieties and said that the use of "hedges," or contrary bets, is a "cornerstone of prudent risk management.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/3407767

Wow, now Shorty's writing opinion pieces for Yahoo.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/home-...,HD,LOW,DHI,PHM

Owning a home has "never been a great investment," Altucher says, noting housing went up a dismal 0.4% annually vs. 8% for the stock market from 1890 to 2004, according to the Social Security Advisory Board.

Moreover, Altucher says the notion buying a home is a ticket to financial security is a "scam" perpetrated on the American people by corporations seeking to keep us in debt, less mobile and with the storage to purchase all sorts of needless consumer goods.

THE GOOGLE SCOTT BROWN TELL

The tells tell

Glass Steagal makes a return

No longer will the information asyimetry trade reach its glorius extension from supposedly safe low yielding deposits to the glories of high voltage 100 to one leverage into the lastest rocket pumped asset class.

Tax payers sick of picking up the pieces and taking on the burden of "risk ambulance" when the assymetry suicide bomber blows up the trade.

Why does this article remind me of the banks threatening to sue about caps on their bonuses etc?

http://my.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20...4c-a9c72f260861

Oh yeah -- I wonder what this rescue cost the taxpayers. For the dog, I mean, not the banks. We'll never know the magnitude of the latter.

I commented on that article in the local newspaper's forums, wondering how the LAFD could justify such an expenditure. The animal lovers were immediately all over me.

A Tribute

To all the putrescent piles of absolute filth which infest our media, government and corporate culture. Now we are faced with the horror of corporations being granted the right to vote (well OK, contribute to elections) by the Supreme Court. You thought PAC?€™s were bad? Well get ready. Your government is now legally for sale. Billions will be pumped into the electoral system. The concept of Democracy has just been killed. Corporate entities are now ?€œpeople?€?. The noble experiment has been extinguished. This will take a Constitutional amendment to overturn this ruling.

Unions donate unlimited money.

Large amounts of shadow cash infuse candidates anonymously.

Foreign governments donate to the candidates of their choice.

This is just another piece of the pie.

There is almost no transparency in political campaign money.

Archived