IDS World Markets Wed 12th October 05

I wonder if greenie actually believes what he says..I think the average person out in the REAL world scratches their head each time someone from washington says that the economy is strong and there is minimal inflation..

I wonder if he actually knows what he says at this point.

When you tell enough lies, eventually you will believe it yourself. :lol:

Think for a moment about how old he actually is. He's frail and tired, and he's seen it all dozens of times. How much drudgery it must all be. And how little sympathy must he have for everyone, awash in debt and whining about the slightest difficulty. He's lived through tumultous times. Difficult to imagine that he gives a shit about what he actually says to the Economic Club of Wherever over stale croissants and sour coffee.

Bingo--we have a winner--Beeeeeeeengoooo

Fokker pick up your one owner used rabbit at the exit door

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: And thanx for coming

:lol:

I hope to be as cool a grand-dad as you one day, Mr. Poet Stooleate sir.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if greenie actually believes what he says..I think the average person out in the REAL world scratches their head each time someone from washington says that the economy is strong and there is minimal inflation..

I wonder if he actually knows what he says at this point.

When you tell enough lies, eventually you will believe it yourself. :lol:

Think for a moment about how old he actually is. He's frail and tired, and he's seen it all dozens of times. How much drudgery it must all be. And how little sympathy must he have for everyone, awash in debt and whining about the slightest difficulty. He's lived through tumultous times. Difficult to imagine that he gives a shit about what he actually says to the Economic Club of Wherever over stale croissants and sour coffee.

Bingo--we have a winner--Beeeeeeeengoooo

Fokker pick up your one owner used rabbit at the exit door

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: And thanx for coming

:lol:

I hope to be as cool a grand-dad as you one day, Mr. Poet Stooleate sir.

Better yet, let's adopt him as a grand-dad :D

Maybe a guilt trip.  The WSJ says about AG?s speech:

Mr. Greenspan on Wednesday said in his more than 18 years as Fed chairman much has surprised him, but nothing more than the "remarkable ability of our economy to absorb and recover from the shocks of stock market crashes, credit crunches, terrorism, and hurricanes -- blows that would have almost certainly precipitated deep recessions in decades past."

He reiterated that the U.S. economy's flexibility has allowed it to weather "reasonably well" the steep rise in spot and futures prices for oil and natural gas over the past two years.

Outside of the fact that AG seems to have forgotten about the serious recession of the early 90s, the US economy has ?weathered well? only because it is sucking in almost all the free savings of the world, now around $900 billion a year, to support itself. It still remains a mystery why the rest of the world wants to put all its eggs in the US basket, having no fear that the US economy will ever fall and crack its nest eggs. The lack of diversification by international investors will eventually create great instability when those investors attempt to leave the US dollar market.

There are four months for AG left. He and the Fed are overly confident that the economy could not fail on them in that time. We shall see.

Hiding B

Doesn't your description above remind you of the outlines of what Astrophycisists call a black hole--you know the phenomenon--super-terrific gravitational fields sucking everything into its maw including light itself ,which curling backwards, turns its recently occupied territory into darkness???

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Something like Fed with its Fiat created Gravitational Force field

Like some very old dog owners who begin to facially resemble their pets: everything within our Kulture is begginninig to resemble everything else as all elements together tumble their way downward towards the lowest common denominator-

PII tomorrow:

Polaris Industries Inc. Earnings Conference Call (Q3 2005)

Scheduled to start Thu, Oct 13, 2005, 10:00 am Eastern

What's the outlook for jetskii this winter with heating oil up, nat gas up,

and petrol up from 2.00 to 3.00?

This ought to be entertaining....

REITs are getting sodomized.

Trading-range markets---which appears to be what we've been in for the past 2 years---take turns giving it to the bulls and the bears.

That's why they make this stuff in two flavors. Take your pick: natural or HOT cinnamon.

For those intrigued, go to www.lubery.com where you can "click to win" a gallon of the lube of your choice.

post-2169-1129146335_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1129146347_thumb.jpg

Archived