My, Aren't We Full of Surprises

Are you suggesting that "the bear market" would have come to an end? Or that we might be facing a helluvalarger rally than bears might otherwise feel able to contemplate, before ultimately, the thing reverses down to plumb new eventual lows (i.e., that "the bear market" is not over)?

:huh:

Or does the action to date - and even continuation next week of this week's rally - not suffice to establish the persistence of "the bear market"?

:blink:

Was that clear?

:lol:? :lol:? :lol:

679345[/snapback]

I am saying that PEI called for an economic low in March, which in some of the indexes was the low, while the others have made slightly lower lows.

The economic leader, which often times are the trannies, made a higher low in March, and an even higher one in July, and are now within striking distance of a new all time high, as we are in the time window for the PEI recovery into April 2009. So given the uncanny accuracy the PEI model has had, I am willing to entertain the idea of an election run recovery that lasts until Sell in May and Go Away time next year....

In order for this to happen, we need to hold the recent lows, as HUGE pivots have now been set. We have a slew of triple bottom formations in various stages of devlopment, and since they tend to be exceptionally bullish patterns in a bull trend, I am watching to see if they hold, as triple bottom breaks can be exceptionally bearish.

In any event, I do think the trannies are going to lead to the upside, should we make the run into 2009. Other indexes may lag badly, just as there was a mixed bag at the 2000 top.

I still expect major new lows in 2011.

Also, Armstrong doesn't expect Armageddon type depression to start until 2032, when the 310 year cycle that last toppped in the 1720's peaks out....

who knows about this stuff, but it has enough direct hits to interest me....and I am a big believer in cycles of all types....

Is that clear? :lol:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I forget, please remind me not to live that long.....

679359[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'll be firing on all cylinders at that age either... :( Hell, I'll be almost as old as McCain... :rolleyes:

I am saying that PEI called for an economic low in March, which in some of the indexes was the low, while the others have made slightly lower lows.

The economic leader, which often times are the trannies, made a higher low in March, and an even higher one in July, and are now within striking distance of a new all time high, as we are in the time window for the PEI recovery into April 2009. So given the uncanny accuracy the PEI model has had, I am willing to entertain the idea of an election run recovery that lasts until Sell in May and Go Away time next year....

In order for this to happen, we need to hold the recent lows, as HUGE pivots have now been set. We have a slew of triple bottom formations in various stages of devlopment, and since they tend to be exceptionally bullish patterns in a bull trend, I am watching to see if they hold, as triple bottom breaks can be exceptionally bearish.

In any event, I do think the trannies are going to lead to the upside, should we make the run into 2009. Other indexes may lag badly, just as there was a mixed bag at the 2000 top.

Also, Armstrong doesn't expect Armageddon type depression to start until 2032, when the 310 year cycle that last toppped in the 1720's peaks out....

who knows about this stuff, but it has enough direct hits to interest me....and I am a big believer in cycles of all types....

679358[/snapback]

Just one more reason to play the ups as well as the downs in this market...one never knows when the market will change character - until it does...Unless you KNOW the future....

679358[/snapback]

It was clear up until that part after, "I am saying that...."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, perfectly clear. So, if you had polled a zillion market participants a month or two weeks ago and told them where'd the dollar index would close out this week, they'd say, "Have you lost your friggin' mind?"

Well, here we are.

Coulda done the same thing with the Euro. Woulda got the same blank expressions. I'da been among them... and since you were raising the prospects of these moves, I can sort of claim that I was among 'em.

Having observed the "impossible," I am prepared to entertain the possibility that despite all the fundamental troubles, that the markets may rally and rally. Seems impossible... but then, so too did the rally off the March 2003 low amid imminent war.

Thanks for your answer - I'm simply trying to position some long term money amid the madness. And the Armstrong stuff is incredible.

However, I'm not going to worry about 2032 until at least 2015....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's crank up an oldie but goodie, a game of hangman....

hangman.gif

Looking at the picture below.....

I'll start.

Alex, can I get a "U"?

_    U    _    _

679310[/snapback]

:unsure: Uh, butt, butt, "pathological liar" doesn't ryhme with "bunt"..... :rolleyes: Oh, I know...."AUNT" ;)

It was clear up until that part after, "I am saying that...."

Actually, perfectly clear.? So, if you had polled a zillion market participants a month or two weeks ago and told them where'd the dollar index would close out this week, they'd say, "Have you lost your friggin' mind?"

Well, here we are.

Coulda done the same thing with the Euro. Woulda got the same blank expressions. I'da been among them... and since you were raising the prospects of these moves, I can sort of claim that I was among 'em.

Having observed the "impossible," I am prepared to entertain the possibility that despite all the fundamental troubles, that the markets may rally and rally. Seems impossible... but then, so too did the rally off the March 2003 low amid imminent war.

Thanks for your answer - I'm simply trying to position some long term money amid the madness. And the Armstrong stuff is incredible.

However, I'm not going to worry about 2032 until at least 2015....

679363[/snapback]

Hard to position long term in anything right now.....

We could EASILY be down 1000 points next week on the dow.....I would not rule anything out.Especially with options expiring on friday.

We could gap down on monday and never look back......Right now the bulls have control but it changes almost daily. :unsure:

Read 'em and weep.

United States Code, Title 12, Chapter 3, subchapter 7, section 301:[21]

Each Federal reserve bank shall keep itself informed of the general character and amount of the loans and investments of its member banks with a view to ascertaining whether undue use is being made of bank credit for the speculative carrying of or trading in securities, real estate, or commodities, or for any other purpose inconsistent with the maintenance of sound credit conditions; and, in determining whether to grant or refuse advances, rediscounts, or other credit accommodations, the Federal reserve bank shall give consideration to such information. The chairman of the Federal reserve bank shall report to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System any such undue use of bank credit by any member bank, together with his recommendation. Whenever, in the judgment of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, any member bank is making such undue use of bank credit, the Board may, in its discretion, after reasonable notice and an opportunity for a hearing, suspend such bank from the use of the credit facilities of the Federal Reserve System and may terminate such suspension or may renew it from time to time.

U.S. Code, Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 47, Section 1014:[22]

Whoever knowingly makes any false statement or report, or willfully overvalues any land, property or security, for the purpose of influencing in any way...shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Archived