Strictly For The Birds?

From yesterday's New York Post:

The California electric system really is for the birds - sunbathing birds.

A flock of high-fliers is being blamed for a power outage that left 600 homes in posh San Simeon without juice after a 12,000-volt power line snapped in two.

Authorities believe the break happened when the birds all jumped off the line at the same time, triggering a slingshot-like reaction on the cable.

Now, folks, back in the good old days of the Roman Empire the comings and goings and doings of birds were viewed as augurs of important events to come.

Just what do you think this tale might be auguring?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a moderately large BEARX position since Apr '01. It has been easier to just ride it out, rather than trading in and out. Set and forget on that one. I plan to add some more today.

Eager Beav - there is a quote button in the upper right corner of every posting - click it and you have quoted.

"Stealth top" - a great description, Doc.

I think the new board is a keeper.

I like how when we flip to the pm board, i can watch the names of the people make the transition over.  

very cool.

tell me, when can i get excited.  it looked like it tryed to get above 925 and turned back.  good sign, right??

Torah man, 'snot quite that complicated. Lazy folks like me just use use opera on linux or/and a couple of scripts to get to the new thread :P

well pardon my sarcasm here but it would be nice if the NDX at least dropped below its 4 day EMA. It would be nice to see at least ONE trend indicator go down instead of ALL up. It would be nice to not see a relatively high p/c ratio spike everytime we start to head down.

Its not like when this thing drops the bear market is going to be over in a week or two. If its that short then I don't mind missing it.

Whatever

well pardon my sarcasm here but it would be nice if the NDX at least dropped below its 4 day EMA. It would be nice to see at least ONE trend indicator go down instead of ALL up. It would be nice to not see a relatively high p/c ratio spike everytime we start to head down.

Its not like when this thing drops the bear market is going to be over in a week or two. If its that short then I don't mind missing it.

Whatever

i see it below the 4 day ema as shown on bigcharts.

post-3-1038334521_thumb.jpg

Doc, as a general rule if the 5 hour is early does that imply a high degree of certainty that the 1 day will be as well? Or are the respective cycles pretty independent in that respect.

aside: board is great and deleting signatures and avatars made a huge speed difference for me.

Archived