Monday 5/24/04

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom O' Brian....."no way will the Saudi's allow oil to stay at these levels..they are gonna pump it out for the election"..."window dressing comes in on Wed to Thurs, market wanna go to S&P1127"

Be happy and keep buying.

No need for Americans to have jobs.

8:27am 05/24/04  Alcoa in deal to build $1B smelter in Trinidad By Michael Baron

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Alcoa (AA) reached an agreement with the government of Trinidad and Tobago to build an aluminum smelter with an annual capacity of at least 250,000 metric tons in Trinidad. The Pittsburgh-based Dow component expects the project to cost more than $1 billion. Alcoa will hold at least a 60 percent stake in the smelter with the government holding the remainder. Alcoa plans to take a lead role in the management and operation of the smelter, and it will have a right to 60 percent of the metal produced with the government getting the remainder. The company expects the smelter to directly employ 575 people upon completion. The stock closed Friday at $29.48, up 18 cents.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...teid=aolpf&mp=1

When was the last time an American Company gave OUR goverment 40% of production.

OUR COMPANIES are giving away OUR wealth to some other goverment.

Give me a break. 

But good news.  The CEO should get at least $20,000,000 bonus, if not $150,000,000

This is bullshit.

Aluminum is very energy intensive, thats why bauxite has been shipped to cheap energy supply areas of the world.

Last I heard AA stopped making AL in a state north of CA.

TOOK the POWER GERNATION plant that they OWN, on site and started selling the power to CA.

I would guess it is a COAL fired plan. :rolleyes:

By the way what is wrong in making a little less profit and people making a living.

O'Brian .."market building cause...when QQQ's go over 35.75...its gonna be fireworks"...

I only listen to him cause I know thousands do..worldwide[shame really cause he used to be good but now the MAtrix simply fades him and takes his listeners cash]

O'Brian...."the bears have had every chance over the past 3-4 weeks....now its the bulls chance...if they cant bust it down...then they will bust it up"

Soup

I also remember and yearn for the times of old.

Under the present administration its not going to happen.

Did much soul searching over the weekend. Some things in life are not worth it and fighting the matrix for a lifetime is at the top of the list.

I expext between now and November, stick saves and +1400 ticks will dominate. It would be a miracle if they could get the pig any higher with liquidity drying up. Marking time through November would be a huge victory for the statists. I look no further then the situation in Iraq to know what they are capable of.

Last I heard AA stopped making AL in a state north of CA.

TOOK the POWER GERNATION plant that they OWN, on site and started selling the power to CA.

I would guess it is a COAL fired plan.?

By the way what is wrong in making a little less profit and people making a living.

AA has turned over the dams on Little Tennessee River, their power source for plant at Alcoa, Tn., to the TVA for operation. Up stream in North Carolina at Fontana, lake levels are extermely low (TVA OP).

Running out of water? You bet. Not enough rain and downstream gets the water for nav and power.

TVA reactivating some older nuclear plants in Alabama.

Bond yields have fallen and are shorter term.

What an absolute travesty!....and Alcoa, Tn. continues to be hard hit with job losses.

:blink:

I am watching as I smelt this coming last night. That jam on the open of the night session was to obvious.

I am getting very close to walking away from this crap.

Never has the market been as manipulated and massaged as the last few months. Starting to think they can hold this pigshite up througn the November elections. If I dont quit trading altogether, I will be toning things down in a substantial way.

I am not offering advice, just my two cents:

Seems to me this primetime to pick the bull's pockets. These big gap up days are symptomatic of the bullish tone of the public, the politicians, wall street and corporate officers. We are hearing from other mgrs who are livid that their stocks haven't skyrocketed with all the great economic news. Are they selling? NO, "this is a market disconnect", "too many bears"... etc (insert your favorite excuse here). Of course when the market is up for no reason it is discounting the future 6mo forward or reacting to positive economic trends.

To me this is expected. We are early in the denial stage of the classic denial-migration-panic cycle. For the last few months we have seen the market gap big put on a few more points and then sink. This is classic denial behavior. If we see the opposite: the market opening low selling off and then closing on the highs then I would be concerned. For now with everyone trying to catch the bottom and trying to justify why the market is wrong I am steadfastly bearish.

Sucess in shorting stocks has always required nimble trading. Most people simply cannot understand the concept. Furthermore it is more natural to think that the market will rise than to consider that it may fall. The market is always at least 50% psychology. In this maniac environment it is more likely 90% psychology

Archived