Bears take em out big red for the day and the week

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just reading another article in NY Times (about Citigroup). Even as a non US taxpayer and from a distance of 12,000 or so miles away, whenever I see the name Tim Geithner in print (invariably it seems associated with some bailout or deal to enrich the banksters), I am filled with a murderous rage. The same goes for Greenspan, Paulson and several others, but Geithner's name seems to appear more than most.

I am a very mild mannered person by nature, and tend to think that the philosophy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - that is "be excellent to each other" is pretty much spot on. I live by this basic creed and expect others to do so, when they don't I get very pissed off.

The money men are so hideously, venally corrupt and evil, I truly do feel muderous towards them.

Here in little ol' New Zealand (where our most virulent right wingers wold still be regarded as left of centre in US) it seems incomprehensible to me that in the land where gun ownership is so championed that not a single person has been sufficiently enraged by the whole meltdown and the appalling natural injustice of it all that they haven't taken the very modern equivalent of a pitchfork to the perpetrators and killed at least one of them.

Maybe I'm just a whackjob........

But I don't feel like one.

Politics is pretty dumb here in the U.S. The gun ownership lobby is owned by Republicans, who are also big champions of the big banks. But the Repubs are not in power now, so their propaganda machine can now act like they are against the very bailouts their party did when it was in power. The Repubs who tell the gun owners what to do politically, of course, do not want anyone to be angry at their precious banks. So they try instead to channel people's rage onto other targets that Repubs prefer to see harmed. Looks like they are successful to some degree.

The U.S. has some of the most skilled political propagandists the world has ever known. They know that propaganda does not need to be logical; in fact it works better if it isn't. It can bypass the logical part of the brain entirely and go straight towards the primitive part of the brain that humans share with reptiles--where decisions are made on the basis of gut feelings related to fears about physcial survival, or to fears about survival of one's identity.

Just reading another article in NY Times (about Citigroup). Even as a non US taxpayer and from a distance of 12,000 or so miles away, whenever I see the name Tim Geithner in print (invariably it seems associated with some bailout or deal to enrich the banksters), I am filled with a murderous rage. The same goes for Greenspan, Paulson and several others, but Geithner's name seems to appear more than most.

I am a very mild mannered person by nature, and tend to think that the philosophy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - that is "be excellent to each other" is pretty much spot on. I live by this basic creed and expect others to do so, when they don't I get very pissed off.

The money men are so hideously, venally corrupt and evil, I truly do feel muderous towards them.

Here in little ol' New Zealand (where our most virulent right wingers wold still be regarded as left of centre in US) it seems incomprehensible to me that in the land where gun ownership is so championed that not a single person has been sufficiently enraged by the whole meltdown and the appalling natural injustice of it all that they haven't taken the very modern equivalent of a pitchfork to the perpetrators and killed at least one of them.

Maybe I'm just a whackjob........

But I don't feel like one.

Remember, the "financial crisis" was caused by greedy RE investors not paying their loans.

Our kind and knowledgeable banksters believed that these up standing RE "investors" would make good on their obligations.

The RE "investors" reneged.

The rest of the world suffered.

* Lets get angry at the right ppl.

they try to pump up things, like copper fut, crude fut, es, eurjpy dont want to cross 132.

BTW, is something wrong with my system or is just a intervention going on on eurjpy, gbpusd, or eurusd? amazing strange moves..

check this (2 Lis means 2 NOV)

3days eurjpy

http://stooq.pl/q/?s=eurjpy&c=3d&t...mp;a=lg&b=1

1day eurjpy (today)

http://stooq.pl/q/?s=eurjpy&c=1d&t...mp;a=lg&b=1

GBPUSD

http://stooq.pl/q/?s=gbpeur

eurusd

http://stooq.pl/q/?s=eurusd&c=1d&t...mp;a=lg&b=1

WTF?

Politics is pretty dumb here in the U.S. The gun ownership lobby is owned by Republicans, who are also big champions of the big banks. But the Repubs are not in power now, so their propaganda machine can now act like they are against the very bailouts their party did when it was in power. The Repubs who tell the gun owners what to do politically, of course, do not want anyone to be angry at their precious banks. So they try instead to channel people's rage onto other targets that Repubs prefer to see harmed. Looks like they are successful to some degree.

TARP and the bailouts were very popular on BOTH SIDES. The scumbags in DC couldn't wait to vote yes for those sorry pieces of "legislation". Remember you can take your overly simplistic example, plug in liberal and one of those causes, and make the same argument.

Turbo Timmy is as dirty as they come. Checck out his bio and the people he's been involved with.

TAIL WAGGING THE DOG

West Texas Intermediate crude

Clearly the Saudi's are sick of the tail wagging the dog

West Texas oil market getting shallower and shallower- easily manipulated by traders and frontrunners.

Easy to make a fortune by buying saudi crude, then bulling the shallow WTIC up and then unload the saudi crude for a nice profit.

Rince repeat, rince repeat.

Why benchmark of a declining and shallow market???

Saudi oil logically should be setting the benchmark for WTI and no the other way around.

The saudi's should get together with other exporters and set a world crude benchmark (WCB).

THE LOOTING IS BECOMING A BIT TOO OBVIOUS

"The U.S. has some of the most skilled political propagandists the world has ever known. They know that propaganda does not need to be logical; in fact it works better if it isn't. It can bypass the logical part of the brain entirely and go straight towards the primitive part of the brain that humans share with reptiles--where decisions are made on the basis of gut feelings related to fears about physcial survival, or to fears about survival of one's identity."

Yep if you cant convince you must confuse

Just as squids have ink to confuse their enemies

Giant vampire squid had media ink to confuse their enemies.

The media in america is stuck in the false conflict of liberal versus republican

While the very rich/banksters suck the blood out of the middle class debt slaves - stuck with declining wages and ever growing mortgage and credit card debt.

Confuse the american public long enough until the "recovery" comes along

Then simply deny that anything bad was done

Claim that everything done was to benefit mainstreet.

It seems President Obama used the wrong election slogan

Instead of "Change" he should have used the more accurate slogan of "Business as usual"

But that wouldnt have got him elected would it!!!

Archived