Waiting for the Apple to Drop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaking news

http://www.borowitzreport.com/article.aspx?ID=7047

" In what some on Wall Street are calling the biggest blockbuster deal in the history of the financial sector, Goldman Sachs confirmed today that it was in talks to acquire the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

According to Goldman spokesperson Jonathan Hestron, the merger between Goldman and the Treasury Department is "a good fit" because "they're in the business of printing money and so are we.""

Breaking news

" In what some on Wall Street are calling the biggest blockbuster deal in the history of the financial sector, Goldman Sachs confirmed today that it was in talks to acquire the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

According to Goldman spokesperson Jonathan Hestron, the merger between Goldman and the Treasury Department is "a good fit" because "they're in the business of printing money and so are we.""

An outdated report there, LOL. Government Sachs has owned the Trashury Department for quite some time now.

Lot of chit-chat in EM land about possible currency controls as EM governments are getting a little pissed at their currency appreciation.

Sheet... that was quick :unsure:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aex4NXE25Y0E

Brazil to Impose Tax on Foreign Inflows, Mantega Says (Update2)

By Adriana Brasileiro and Andre Soliani

Oct. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil will impose taxes on purchases by foreign investors of real-denominated, fixed-income securities and on purchases of stocks, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said.

The measures are being taken “to avoid an excess speculation in the stock market and in capital markets,” Mantega told reporters in Sao Paulo.

Breaking news

It already runs it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheet... that was quick :unsure:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aex4NXE25Y0E

Brazil to Impose Tax on Foreign Inflows, Mantega Says (Update2)

By Adriana Brasileiro and Andre Soliani

Oct. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil will impose taxes on purchases by foreign investors of real-denominated, fixed-income securities and on purchases of stocks, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said.

The measures are being taken “to avoid an excess speculation in the stock market and in capital markets,” Mantega told reporters in Sao Paulo.

And in other news, Brazil's Interior Minister announced plans to distribute brooms nationwide with which Brazilians will be encouraged to sweep back the periodic tide....

The Same Old People Getting It Wrong – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, October 19, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Things are calmer in the markets. Some might say they are more delusional. Underlying conditions have continued to deteriorate and have continued to be ignored by the Street and the financial media. For example tax receipts are down sharply month to date in October after a disastrous September. The people who never saw the financial collapse coming are the same ones so confidently telling us today that recovery is under way. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I hate bull markets. They just slowly kill business. Brutal. Nobody wants to read reality. Bears don't want to read that the market is going up. Bulls don't want to read that everything really sucks even though the market is going up. :angry:

I know how Dangerfield felt. Only thing is, he was kidding. I'm not. :(

I hate bull markets. They just slowly kill business. Brutal. Nobody wants to read reality. Bears don't want to read that the market is going up. Bulls don't want to read that everything really sucks even though the market is going up. :angry:

Ugh!@#$ - you just posted what I was feeling! I am sick of this market. :angry:

What use are charts and rational thought anymore!

My useless chart with disturbation....

spy30minintradaychart.jpg

It ain't a bull market Doc...it's the third leg of the extension of Al Green's LTCM moral hazard op ex kick off party/mania in 98... just another government and fed manufactured bubble that will blow up again....when is anybody's guess now as they have punched through the 38 % retrace levels with a vengeance.... ....proof of the bubble thesis would be would anyone here be surprised if Crapple spiked and dropped 20 tomorrow ? nope...Would anyone be surprised if we hit 1120 and tanked to 890 in a week or two wiping out three months of gains ? Would anyone be surprised if somehow or way the dollar got jammed to 85 and oil and gold tanked ? Who the foulke knows ? This ain't a market anymore...their ain't no "efficiency"....It's like an academy award winning screenplay where the new guy saves the "Serbs" from utter destruction "on paper" while stealing his or her belongings.... We have become an economy driven by gadgets and gimmicks...price targets and numbers ...AGAIN.....UFB this mania has gone on so long...

Lastly....

I bow down to the alter of Token Chick...She is my idol.....( spurred on by 10 raised targets which should be raised again tomorrow....and by the way...Crapple warned )....one decision dart throwing monkeys are kings.....and the "serbs" as usual follow...

For Q1, the company expects revs in the range of $11.3 to $11.6 bln and

earnings of $1.70 to $1.78 per share. The Street is at $11.4 bln in revs and

earnings of $1.91 per share.

http://www.midnighttrader.com

Book It ! Baby !!!

Kudo's to bulls....I am in Kwave's camp this "run" is almost over.....but the IT top has not been put in yet....

Archived